Sponsored

Nys inspection with Lund emissions tune

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yes, I tried every single thing that has ever been prescribed by people that have got their sensors to show ready. Absolutely nothing worked for me and I had to of put around 3k miles on my car while trying various things.

It seems to be very hit or miss on who's car can get the sensors green.

Going back to stock seems to be the only way to guarantee a pass. Taking my intake manifold and injectors off and on every year is not very appealing though.

OP
OP
Duffie112

Duffie112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I hear you on that, I’ve got long tubes and am dreading taking those off haha. But it also sucks because it limits you from any future mods too. Which is so annoying

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I hear you on that, I’ve got long tubes and am dreading taking those off haha. But it also sucks because it limits you from any future mods too. Which is so annoying
Your headers are catted so you may be okay to go to your stock tune.

Do you have any mods preventing you from going back to stock such as a different intake manifold, injectors, tune required intake (easy to switch intake back to factory).

If not, I would recommend loading your factory tune back on. While a tune helps maximize your gains from headers, it is not required and your car will still run properly. If you load your factory tune and you get a CEL then you will need o2 defoulers.

OP
OP
Duffie112

Duffie112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
All I have is a roush intake catted headers and a catback with a Lund n gauge with there tune. That’s it. I already ordered defaulers hoping they would work worst case. Then throw the stock intake back on with defoulers and stock tune? Maybe?

Sponsored

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I think that will be your ticket. As long as your high flow cats don't cause you to throw a CEL and/or o2 defoulers work you should be able to get everything green.

Crossing my fingers for you, I would hate to have to take headers off... One of the reasons I went with the MAK cat deletes lol.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
That is the one thing I disliked about LUND. I'm in tree-hugging NY as well and I specifically asked LUND about passing NYS inspections. Even though they KNOW it will not, they danced around the subject and refused to say so. Just to make a couple hundred bucks on a sale. Good luck to you!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Has anyone actually tried getting an inspection in NY with everything just about grayed out except Fuel, EVAP, and MIS and gotten a fail? That's what passed me here. Curious if it's the same way because I'd have failed on the emissions tune, but my flex tune is what passed me since "not available" is not the same as "not ready".

Lund is pretty clear up front there's no guarantee to pass. I could never get my O2 / HO2 to go green with my setup. Now I just stroll in with a Flex or E85R tune for future inspections.

OP
OP
Duffie112

Duffie112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I was wondering if that would work for us here it might, my car is getting inspected this week or beginning of next and let’s just say I am not running Lund anymore. Nothing but trouble with them in NY come inspection time not worth it.

OP
OP
Duffie112

Duffie112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Has anyone actually tried getting an inspection in NY with everything just about grayed out except Fuel, EVAP, and MIS and gotten a fail? That's what passed me here. Curious if it's the same way because I'd have failed on the emissions tune, but my flex tune is what passed me since "not available" is not the same as "not ready".

Lund is pretty clear up front there's no guarantee to pass. I could never get my O2 / HO2 to go green with my setup. Now I just stroll in with a Flex or E85R tune for future inspections.
Not to get off topic but what mods are done to your car? I’ve seen other post you have a 18 mani? How do you like that with e85? I think that will be my next project. Going to a 18 manifold with e85. Just not sure whether to port the manifold or not or to get lock outs

Sponsored

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Lund refused to grey these sensors for me when I asked which was fairly recently. I know you said you had them do it but maybe they aren't anymore? YMMV.

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Not to get off topic but what mods are done to your car? I’ve seen other post you have a 18 mani? How do you like that with e85? I think that will be my next project. Going to a 18 manifold with e85. Just not sure whether to port the manifold or not or to get lock outs
Not who you asked but the '18 manifold and e85 completely woke my car up. The car pulls like a raped ape up to 8k and I put a lot of cars on stock 15-17 GTs. Mods are 18 manifold,injectors, jlt intake, cat deletes/exhaust.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
^ What he said.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Lund refused to grey these sensors for me when I asked which was fairly recently. I know you said you had them do it but maybe they aren't anymore? YMMV.
Mine just came that way on the tunes by default. I'll check my current newer ones again to see if it's the same.

Heartlessssss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Buddy had similar issues with Lund emissions time, ended up buying an SCT and getting mustang magic to get him a tune with the sensors grayed out and he passed
Sponsored