Sponsored

Strategy on getting a Carbon Fiber Track Pack Car (Golden Ticket Car)

bwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor 2017 GT 350R 2017 GT 350(sold) 2014 GT(Sold)
Ok so I have an allocation secured however the dealer did not get an allocation for the track pack. We put in the order anyways and our strategy is to sit on it and wait and see if there will be any leftover allocations that will get it built. He's got the allocation for a 500 so we can literally wait till the last day to decide to change it. Highly unlikely we will get one but that's our current strategy.

It seems like most folks are ordering without the track package but that may be just due to the lack of track pack availability. with a 6 figure number on a mustang it may dissuade a large number of buyers? I am wondering if dealers will end up sitting on these due to the 6 figure cost and maybe there will be some available as the year goes on?

I've called several dealers that have the "golden ticket" and they all want 50k ADM. Were hitting exotic territory there. Its like they all had a meeting lol.

Looking for tips on getting a car with the Track Pack for little or preferably no ADM. My allocation that I have secured is MSRP.

If anyone has a line on one or thoughts on what to do to get one I am all ears. Thanks!
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
A long shot but do you know anyone at Ford that could make this happen via the VIP program?

OP
OP

bwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor 2017 GT 350R 2017 GT 350(sold) 2014 GT(Sold)
I don't know what that is but I will look it up! I do not know anyone directly at Ford.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Network as deep and fast as you can.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Ok so I have an allocation secured however the dealer did not get an allocation for the track pack. We put in the order anyways and our strategy is to sit on it and wait and see if there will be any leftover allocations that will get it built. He's got the allocation for a 500 so we can literally wait till the last day to decide to change it. Highly unlikely we will get one but that's our current strategy.

It seems like most folks are ordering without the track package but that may be just due to the lack of track pack availability. with a 6 figure number on a mustang it may dissuade a large number of buyers? I am wondering if dealers will end up sitting on these due to the 6 figure cost and maybe there will be some available as the year goes on?

I've called several dealers that have the "golden ticket" and they all want 50k ADM. Were hitting exotic territory there. Its like they all had a meeting lol.

Looking for tips on getting a car with the Track Pack for little or preferably no ADM. My allocation that I have secured is MSRP.

If anyone has a line on one or thoughts on what to do to get one I am all ears. Thanks!
Just curious, did you also order the painted stripes???

Sponsored

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500

Me and my dealer did the same thing, but we actually put in two orders. One for the CFTP and one for a base model. They only have one allocation as well and no golden ticket. We are highly confident that only the base model we have on order will go through, but we thought it was worth a shot. We were told that there was only one golden ticket allocation awarded in the Charlotte sales region, which stretches from Va to Ga, so whoever has that allocation will most certainly be proud of it with regards to ADM.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
With all the high profile race teams located in the Charlotte are, you would think there would be a great demand for CF packages.

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
With all the high profile race teams located in the Charlotte are, you would think there would be a great demand for CF packages.
Yes you would think more dealers would qualify for a golden ticket in an area that large. Makes you wonder what the regional Ford sales rep is up to.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You are correct. The "golden ticket" is less rare than R model allocations. Where are all these so called golden tickets going? My dealership got 2, I am #1 on the list.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I did this strategy for my 350R and it didnt work and wont work. They are specifically allocated. What COULD work is if we have a economic recession and people stop needlessly spending

I thought my dealer met the criteria for the Wonka, but we read it wrong, its sales in CY not MY. I have my MSRP order in still, waiting to get a direct answer from the rep. If it's a no go, I'm gonna let it go to the next guy in line and take a drop to second position for '21 MY allocation. My dealer so far has sold 6 shelby's in 2018-19 calendar years, so depending on the strategy for MY '21, that may pass for a Wonka. Who knows. If not, I'm not going to get the car NEW. It works out better for me in '21 anyway and I feel I wouldn't have gotten my car until '20 CY anyway, which may only be 4 or 5 months longer.
By then we COULD know the true weight of this thing, as well as any issues and performance figures ;)
Good luck!

Last edited:

South40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lincoln, 2013 Ford Raptor
You are correct. The "golden ticket" is less rare than R model allocations. Where are all these so called golden tickets going? My dealership got 2, I am #1 on the list.
Is #2 still available?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It's spoken for.