Sponsored

Anyone not using their dealers Golden Ticket?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I thought it was my job to carry that torch. Oh well.

I said this (and much more) regarding how Ford was marketing the GT500 and how the "Golden Ticket" garbage would piss off prospective buyers. Ignored by many but there was one here that took umbrage with it. And just look how this is playing out...

Yup, this is what I have seen with respect to the Golden Piss Pass...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

It couldn't be more annoying (the HP puzzle runs a close second, weight release third). If this was drummed up by Jim Owens, I'll say it. He's a jackass.

If this has to do with CR's (Carbon Revolution) ability to meet demand and thus a production limit was required, ****ing say it Jimbo. All I've seen since all the CR GT350 wheel hoopla back in 2015 are reports of increased production capacity and expansion in Australia. Millions of dollars from the goverment have been invested to help facilitate growth. Yet I'm still not seeing hordes of manufacturers jumping on the CR bandwagon and I seriously doubt that many are buying one-off CF wheels from CR such they have a limited ability to produce wheels for mass production entities such as FoMoCo.

The GT350R pissed off enough people what with the ridiculous ADM's. We are certainly seeing this with the GT500 already let alone anyone trying to secure a Piss Pass from their local dealer to actually purchase what Ford has been flaunting for months now. It is insulting and makes continued support somewhat difficult. Either make the ****ing car that you advertise available - or don't. And if you are going to require successful completion of various challenges and obstacles in order to even be able to order one (successfully) at least be honest as to why. Enthusiasts are typically the most knowledgeable when it comes to a vehicle purchase and they know when they are being bamboozled. The Willy Wonka solution to a problem that apparently doesn't even exist (awaiting the official explanation) is a kick to the balls that no potential customer should have to endure.

This is a fantastic car. The marketing of it, so far, has been quite the fail.

You certainly have assumptions and speculation with respect to Jim Owens coming up with this document when it could have come from anywhere in Dearborn whether it be FP or some other department at Ford therefore just wondering why all of the negativity towards him especially without any confirmed source of information?

If we relied on all posted documents on our forum as being legitimate such as some of the more recent supposedly accurate production numbers we are only kidding ourselves.

From what I can see this document may not even be a Ford authorized release for that matter.

As far as marketing the GT500, not sure what automotive magazines that you describe to but this car has been talked about and marketed in most every major automotive publication in recent months let alone having pre-production models being displayed at pretty much every Barrett-Jackson auction event for the last 7 months.

Obviously this car does not need much marketing based on the enthusiasm generated by this forum even though the press and BJ car auctions have already done a great job along the way.

In recent weeks I was able to tour the FRAP and had numerous discussions with respect to the present GT350/R's being produced at the time but also had numerous discussions centered around the 2020 GT500 and also the 2020 GT350/R's that will go down the same assembly line along with the Lincoln Continental cars come this September.

FWIW I was involved in one conversation during that recent visit after which time I was told that the 2020 MY for the GT350/R will be the last year for that model as we know it. Take or leave that comment but just passing that along.

Maybe I am missing something but has there been confirmed information that CR cannot provide capacity for the upcoming launch of the 2020 GT500's and GT350R's or is that just speculation as well?

I also suggest that the GT500 and in particular the 2 seater CFTP option is going to be a fantastic car but until you and I get some real world data all we can do is sit back and hope that we are both right?

:)
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I'll address each one.

You certainly have assumptions and speculation with respect to Jim Owens coming up with this document when it could have come from anywhere in Dearborn whether it be FP or some other department at Ford therefore just wondering why all of the negativity towards him especially without any confirmed source of information?

And you made more than an assumption but an incorrect inference about a rather simple statement. Here, I'll repeat it for you.

Epiphany said:
It couldn't be more annoying (the HP puzzle runs a close second, weight release third). If this was drummed up by Jim Owens, I'll say it. He's a jackass.
Where did I say that "he came up with that document?" That's your take and an incorrect one at that. While he is "Ford Performance Marketing Manager leading the promotion of the Ford Performance brand and its products" that doesn't mean that specific document was written by him. As Manager, he certainly is in the position to approve of the way the car is marketed. And from what I know he was the first one to use the phrase "Golden Ticket" with respect to the sale of CF TP GT500's. None of that demands confirmation. And the "negativity" towards him in this regard is well deserved. He has been the face representing the car for quite some time at numerous events and is in the position of managing marketing of the car in various forms. If you are implying that he may somehow disagree with this poorly devised "plan" we'd love to hear about it.

From what I can see this document may not even be a Ford authorized release for that matter.

Authorized or otherwise it was created within the corporate ranks. Are you implying that it is either fraudulent or created and dispersed by someone other than Ford?

As far as marketing the GT500, not sure what automotive magazines that you describe to but this car has been talked about and marketed in most every major automotive publication in recent months let alone having pre-production models being displayed at pretty much every Barrett-Jackson auction event for the last 7 months.

I don't "describe" to magazines anymore. And whatever point you wanted to make was lost in an incomplete statement that has no relevance to anything I wrote. Nobody said the car hasn't been "talked about and marketed in most every major automotive publication in recent months let alone having pre-production models being displayed at pretty much every Barrett-Jackson auction event for the last 7 months." Care to elaborate?

Obviously this car does not need much marketing based on the enthusiasm generated by this forum even though the press and BJ car auctions have already done a great job along the way.

Great job in what terms? Sales? Elevating the brand or model? Encouraging ADM's? Adding confusion? Creating demand for a model that only a select few will actually be able to purchase (CF TP)?

Maybe I am missing something but has there been confirmed information that CR cannot provide capacity for the upcoming launch of the 2020 GT500's and GT350R's or is that just speculation as well?

There you have it. Ford hasn't stated it as much as it has indeed been speculation since day one of GT350R production. Do you know the reason why Ford chose to limit production of the CF TP?

I also suggest that the GT500 and in particular the 2 seater CFTP option is going to be a fantastic car but until you and I get some real world data all we can do is sit back and hope that we are both right?

I believe the data will show that this car, especially in CF TP format, performs very well in spite of its substantial heft. Sadly and for whatever reason, Ford has chosen to severely restrict that opportunity.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I'll address each one.
Sorry to hear about all your negativity towards the many aspects of this car.:frown:

Whether is surrounds the way the car is being marketed or lack thereof, the "Golden Piss Pass" as you call it, supposedly the lack of capacity for CF wheels for the CFTP option, ADM's for the GT350R's/GT500's or the job that Jim Owens has done or not done with respect many aspects of this car I suggest that you will be able to come up with more negative comments as we get closer to launch this Fall.

BTW, with all of the concerns that you have with the many aspects that surround the launch of the upcoming GT500 are you going forward with the purchase of a GT500 and if so are you going with a 2 seater or 4 seater?

:beer:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Negativity "towards the many aspects of this car?" Lol, that was poorly stated. Reread what was actually said about the actual car itself and you'll my own statements to the contrary. How the car has and is being marketed...that's another story and I've been fairly concise about that as well. Lumping everything together is a bit disingenuous.

The Golden Piss Pass - Yup I coined that one, deservedly so. If you haven't gained a sense of anguish from those wishing to purchase the car in this form that have been rejected then you've missed quite a bit. Expect more to come from any number of prospective buyers as we move forward.

Supposed lack of capacity for CF wheels for the CF TP option - Again, that is consensus, over time, from the forums at 6G. I don't know how you'd have missed the comments regarding it over the past few years but it has indeed been prevalent here at 6G.

ADM's for the GT350R/GT500 - My comments were with respect to your statement about how good of a job the car has been marketed "based on the enthusiasm generated by this forum even though the press and BJ car auctions." I think you'll find universal angst for ADM's for either car. Are you arguing otherwise?

The job that Jim Owens has done or not done with respect many aspects of this car - Owens is the Performance Marketing Manager at Ford. He's the one that made the "Venom" statement that was more or less retracted, it would typically be his department that came up with the brilliant puzzle reveal of the HP/TQ figures, and him that has toured the country most often with a CF TP car at his side, and it was he that has continually referenced the "Golden Ticket" as the method for a potential CF TP purchase. So yeah, I'll hold him accountable for much of what has been done in this regard as well as what may happen moving forward. If he's the fall guy for choices made above and beyond his rank, quite frankly, that's his choice.

And as far as "the concerns that you have with the many aspects that surround the launch of the upcoming GT500"...I'd say the marketing of this car has been disconcerting so far. The engineering that went into the car is what draws me to it, not puzzles and dealer level games. In essence, Ford is producing a fantastic machine but mucking up the process of actually purchasing one. I can separate the two, thankfully.

And for the record and due to much of the above, a four seater. My last GT350 and GT500 were both recipients of rear delete panels and that is the plan for this one. That is, unless someone in marketing has decided that the delete panel should not be made available to the public as it was in previous years. They're on a roll so we'll see how deep their effort runs.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Negativity "towards the many aspects of this car?" Lol, that was poorly stated. Reread what was actually said about the actual car itself and you'll my own statements to the contrary. How the car has and is being marketed...that's another story and I've been fairly concise about that as well. Lumping everything together is a bit disingenuous.

The Golden Piss Pass - Yup I coined that one, deservedly so. If you haven't gained a sense of anguish from those wishing to purchase the car in this form that have been rejected then you've missed quite a bit. Expect more to come from any number of prospective buyers as we move forward.

Supposed lack of capacity for CF wheels for the CF TP option - Again, that is consensus, over time, from the forums at 6G. I don't know how you'd have missed the comments regarding it over the past few years but it has indeed been prevalent here at 6G.

ADM's for the GT350R/GT500 - My comments were with respect to your statement about how good of a job the car has been marketed "based on the enthusiasm generated by this forum even though the press and BJ car auctions." I think you'll find universal angst for ADM's for either car. Are you arguing otherwise?

The job that Jim Owens has done or not done with respect many aspects of this car - Owens is the Performance Marketing Manager at Ford. He's the one that made the "Venom" statement that was more or less retracted, it would typically be his department that came up with the brilliant puzzle reveal of the HP/TQ figures, and him that has toured the country most often with a CF TP car at his side, and it was he that has continually referenced the "Golden Ticket" as the method for a potential CF TP purchase. So yeah, I'll hold him accountable for much of what has been done in this regard as well as what may happen moving forward. If he's the fall guy for choices made above and beyond his rank, quite frankly, that's his choice.

And as far as "the concerns that you have with the many aspects that surround the launch of the upcoming GT500"...I'd say the marketing of this car has been disconcerting so far. The engineering that went into the car is what draws me to it, not puzzles and dealer level games. In essence, Ford is producing a fantastic machine but mucking up the process of actually purchasing one. I can separate the two, thankfully.

And for the record and due to much of the above, a four seater. My last GT350 and GT500 were both recipients of rear delete panels and that is the plan for this one. That is, unless someone in marketing has decided that the delete panel should not be made available to the public as it was in previous years. They're on a roll so we'll see how deep their effort runs.

I joined this forum before you did and for you to suggest that I have missed comments with respect to the lack of CF wheels over the last 4 years that certainly sounds like your style in order to make that comment.

I have owned 3 R models and 1 Track Pack car over the last 4 years and by no means have I ever condoned ADM's from any Ford dealerships and if fact I have gone out of my way to find and negotiate MSRP deals for GT350's and R models for numerous people therefore I don't appreciate you suggesting that I condone or like ADM's for myself, yourself or any of my car buddies.

Finally it is obvious that you have issues with the Ford Motor company and some of it's employees, Ford dealerships for initiating ADM's and also some Ford suppliers such as Carbon Revolution who supply CF wheels to Ferrari and for numerous Ford models and so happy that you can separate all that from the vehicle itself.

Good luck with your new purchase and will be interested to hear all about the upcoming stats along with the all important horsepower to weight issue that we are all looking forward to hearing about.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are accusing me of furthering a mistruth with respect to the consensus of this board and why CR CF wheel production may have limited GT350R (or GT500 CF TP for that matter) I'll gladly inform you that you are wrong. You have indeed missed it. Search and enlighten youself as the commentary is spread across quite a few threads over a number of years now.

For the love of God...where did I suggest that you "condone or like ADM's for myself, yourself or any of my car buddies?" Quote the direct statement.

"Finally it is obvious that you have issues with the Ford Motor company and some of it's employees, Ford dealerships for initiating ADM's and also some Ford suppliers such as Carbon Revolution who supply CF wheels to Ferrari and for numerous Ford models and so happy that you can separate all that from the vehicle itself."

I sense you are rather proficient at either misreading or only seeing things as you see fit. Issues with "Ford Motor company and some of it's employees?" The choices Ford (and yes Virginia, some of their employees) has made with respect to the opportunity to purchase a GT350R and now a GT500 CF TP - you better believe that I, and quite a few other prospective buyers have, are indeed genuine. "Ford dealerships for initiating ADM's"...uh, yeah. Just about everyone has issue with paying an ADM, I think that has been fairly well intimated for a few years now in countless threads on the matter. "Ford suppliers such as Carbon Revolution who supply CF wheels"...not sure where or how you interpolated an issue from me with CR (can you please quote said issue with CR?). I spoke to their increased production capacity, yes. Beyond that, please point out your claim with some substance. And I'm glad to hear that you are happy that I "can separate all that from the vehicle itself." It's a great car, not arguing to the contrary.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
May I "respectfully" jump in here for a moment? Now before you think I know nothing about ordering high end expensive cars you need to think one more time. LOL I have been ordering, researching, and "purchasing" high end cars for decades and decades. The only thing I really want to say is I really dislike alot that these Ford Dealers (case in point the dealer in Tenn. who is asking $75K over MSRP). I really have been thinking alot about this over the last 2 or 3 weeks ever since I got on this forum and have ordered my car from a dealer who is just getting 1 car. Ford is leaving an absolute boatload of money on the table and letting the dealers rape & pillage the customer. I really hate oh so much this behavior. If by the demand that is quite apparent you do a back of the envelope math test they have left millions and millions of dollars on the table. Taking into account that they have just announced 7,000 layoffs in the USA and another 12,000 layoffs in Europe I say why do they do it this way??? Back to the math test for a second. They probably could have "easily" sold 15,000 cars instead of the 5,000. Then they probably could have easily gotten another $10 to $15K out of every car. Some simple math says they left atleast $500 to $750 million on the table. Just my 2 cents worth. Don't want to start a shit storm over this but thats how I feel about this allocation/golden ticket thing. Like I said before a person wants to spend their money with a company that is laying off people by the thousands and they aren't interested. And "lastly" why does Ford care about the "collectability" of the car, that does not put any money in Fords pocket. OK, I'm done now.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
If you are accusing me of furthering a mistruth with respect to the consensus of this board and why CR CF wheel production may have limited GT350R (or GT500 CF TP for that matter) I'll gladly inform you that you are wrong. You have indeed missed it. Search and enlighten youself as the commentary is spread across quite a few threads over a number of years now.
Didn't know that you had the authority to speak on behalf of this board but now that I understand that I will certainly not question any of your comments and/or statements going forward.

:wink:

Last edited:

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
@PP0001 and @Epiphany , both of you are well-respected members here. Hate to see two class guys go at it like this. Ultimately we're all on the same team here and we're all excited about the GT500 coming out. Here's an e-beer to the both of you. :beer: Thanks for all you guys contribute to this forum and elsewhere. :like:

New day tomorrow...

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'd just like to know this. Why have an application process for the GT that keeps dealers fingers out of the upper classes wallet, but yet make the middle class jump thru hoops and fork out ADM to get a mustang? Its BS....
Figure out another way to 'reward' the dealer.
How about a mandatory 200K Adm for those GT's, Ford?
Your buddies wouldn't like that too much, would they?

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
@PP0001 and @Epiphany , both of you are well-respected members here. Hate to see two class guys go at it like this. Ultimately we're all on the same team here and we're all excited about the GT500 coming out. Here's an e-beer to the both of you. :beer: Thanks for all you guys contribute to this forum and elsewhere. :like:

New day tomorrow...
If it only worked like that..... Harry and Tob will be just fine.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Congrats Ford Marketing...I hope you are reading all this nonsense.

Build the cars people want to buy

If you want to "reward" your dealerships for performance, pay fair labor times on warranty work and by extension, fix the technician shortage! Or come up with any number of behind the scenes performance tiers and incentives. The fact that you can have pages and pages of arguing about a PROCESS of product distribution, instead of talking about THE PRODUCT is mind boggling and makes one question if anything was learned from the 350 and 350R debacle.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Frankly I feel there's some sour grapes complaining going on. Yes the top Mustang is hard to get if you want one immediately. My opinion is that no one should be surprised. It's been this way in the past as far as I know. I'm very new to looking to buy a Ford halo car, but I remember the GT350 very well. I've read on here from multiple members that past Ford Mustangs have been the same way.

I get it. It's frustrating. But the level of whining is getting pretty annoying at times. Especially when there are no big surprises.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

New day tomorrow...
@lightrules Thank you for your kind comments as very much appreciated and just trying to do my part based on my past and present experiences with Mustang but I must say that there are many other very good people on this forum such as yourself and of course many others (you all know who you are:like:) that are here to discuss in a positive manner the excitement, styling, performance, colors, options and yes some challenges for all things Mustang and in this case the upcoming launch of the 2020 GT500.

Having said the I have given a great deal of thought and reflection with respect to the last 4 years of being a member of this terrific forum and came to the conclusion that maybe it is just me getting older and that I don't have the patience anymore for all of the continual whining and negativity of a few members regarding the upcoming GT500 and/or the GT350/R's therefore based on much thought and reflection over the last short while I have decided to move on.

It has been an outstanding ride along the way and have very much enjoyed making many new friendships and acquaintances over the last 4 years many of which I will continue to stay in touch with going forward.

To all of our members who ordered a new 2020 GT500 regardless of what color or option package I wish you nothing but the best and suggest that your decision to purchase one of these bad boys will be rewarded with a great deal of exciting stories, experiences and big smiles for many years to come.

As always I wish you all safe travels!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
@lightrules Thank you for your kind comments as very much appreciated and just trying to do my part based on my past and present experiences with Mustang but I must say that there are many other very good people on this forum such as yourself and of course many others (you all know who you are:like:) that are here to discuss in a positive manner the excitement, styling, performance, colors, options and yes some challenges for all things Mustang and in this case the upcoming launch of the 2020 GT500.

Having said the I have given a great deal of thought and reflection with respect to the last 4 years of being a member of this terrific forum and came to the conclusion that maybe it is just me getting older and that I don't have the patience anymore for all of the continual whining and negativity of a few members regarding the upcoming GT500 and/or the GT350/R's therefore based on much thought and reflection over the last short while I have decided to move on.

It has been an outstanding ride along the way and have very much enjoyed making many new friendships and acquaintances over the last 4 years many of which I will continue to stay in touch with going forward.

To all of our members who ordered a new 2020 GT500 regardless of what color or option package I wish you nothing but the best and suggest that your decision to purchase one of these bad boys will be rewarded with a great deal of exciting stories, experiences and big smiles for many years to come.

As always I wish you all safe travels!

Harry, Please reconsider. Please.
Sponsored