Steeda Closed Box CAI Revision?

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I still don't think this is going to flow as much as a big cone filter (at least at high rpm), but a good option for those in hot climates. Hopefully there is a rev.
Yeah a lot of it is the filter element and the surface area of the filter. The big cone filters seem to make the most difference.
Sponsored

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
Not sure why folks mess with these intakes much. Several guys running mid to high 10's on stock 18+ airboxes, even stock filter. I prefer a nice clean MAF signal with no heat soak and the stock box makes plenty of clean power. Removing the OEM charcoal filter in the OEM lid messes up the MAF readings as is (tested myself) and a K&N filter that I tested had MUCH rougher airflow readings (unstable curve) than OEM.

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Not sure why folks mess with these intakes much. Several guys running mid to high 10's on stock 18+ airboxes, even stock filter. I prefer a nice clean MAF signal with no heat soak and the stock box makes plenty of clean power. Removing the OEM charcoal filter in the OEM lid messes up the MAF readings as is (tested myself) and a K&N filter that I tested had MUCH rougher airflow readings (unstable curve) than OEM.
For an 18, yes, the stock airbox is great. The 15-17 one leaves a lot to be desired especially when swapping to an 18 manifold. I've even thought about putting the 2018 stock intake setup on my 17 to have the benefit of the larger tube size with a clean reading.

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For an 18, yes, the stock airbox is great. The 15-17 one leaves a lot to be desired especially when swapping to an 18 manifold. I've even thought about putting the 2018 stock intake setup on my 17 to have the benefit of the larger tube size with a clean reading.
The 18 airbox swap would make a ton of sense for sure, just all the others I dont really understand why.

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Any updates on this?

@SteedaTech
We have had record breaking results both on the track and strip. Especially because of the ram air effect. The filter we supply flows over 30% over stock.
Open air elements and cone filters may flow more at static but not at the track when you have the enclosed lid with the ram air effect.
Racers are using them when they are doing dyno tunes etc with great results.
We are working on a revision to clean up the map signal at idle to accommodate the different fuels available on the market.
Keep you posted on the updates.
Steeda Tech

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In for some non-sponsored third party dyno results and some comparative MAF signal scaling graphs to stock before I would consider.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
In for some non-sponsored third party dyno results and some comparative MAF signal scaling graphs to stock before I would consider.
Glad to hear they are focusing on the maf signal issue. Primary reason I returned to stock intake after testing the first version when it was first released was not being able to run a flex tune due to maf turbulence and idle variation. Hopefully they also are looking at the stock box clip issue where the clips are basically rendered useless (me personally was able to salvage one clip but some have not).

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
We have had record breaking results both on the track and strip. Especially because of the ram air effect. The filter we supply flows over 30% over stock.
Open air elements and cone filters may flow more at static but not at the track when you have the enclosed lid with the ram air effect.
Racers are using them when they are doing dyno tunes etc with great results.
We are working on a revision to clean up the map signal at idle to accommodate the different fuels available on the market.
Keep you posted on the updates.
Steeda Tech

Okay thanks. I appreciate the response. You'll have a sale as soon as they're ready.

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Glad to hear they are focusing on the maf signal issue. Primary reason I returned to stock intake after testing the first version when it was first released was not being able to run a flex tune due to maf turbulence and idle variation. Hopefully they also are looking at the stock box clip issue where the clips are basically rendered useless (me personally was able to salvage one clip but some have not).
They really should just make an entire molding similar to an Airaid that locks down nicely with the filter like it is now. I didn't run into issues when I had mine, but those clips were definitely tight. You don't want your stock intake clips to be ruined from that stretch, otherwise, you'll end up buying another full air box to replace it.

A nice discount for us that already purchased one would be good too. I would definitely run one with a Vortech setup down the road when I get there.

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
This year we have sold over a 100 kits with no clip issues. just make sure the lid is firmly seated properly. We are working on a version of this kit for the flex fuel customers.
Yes, we will provide a professional discount to past customers.
Will keep everyone posted.

Thank you,

Steeda Tech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
For the racers out there.
IMG_0568.jpg

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

Ricker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Also it would be great if Steeda would make a version if this intake for the Cobra Jet Intake, especially since the Silver Bullet is utilizing a custom intake tube with this CAI.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Also it would be great if Steeda would make a version if this intake for the Cobra Jet Intake, especially since the Silver Bullet is utilizing a custom intake tube with this CAI.
They actually are. I believe in another thread they are about 6 weeks out.
Sponsored