Mark-Wasp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Good Morning Everyone,

Hopefully someone can give me a quick answer.

I have 2015 GT Convertible and I have the much discussed issue with the paint bubbling on the bonnet edge. I have taken it a dealer (which was an issue in itself). They informed me that Bonnet / Hood has been resprayed in the past as the white paint on the latch shows this, as it should be completely black when new. (Pic of mine below)

Latch.jpg

Can anyone confirm this in is the case?
I tried find answer or picture on here but couldn't.

I bought the car second hand and as far as I am aware or garage I bought it from the bonnet has never been resprayed. I want know if the dealer is correct before moving forward with any work.
Have to take it to another dealer anyhow as it turns out that after dealer took my booking they can't do warranty work on mustangs anyhow!

Thanks in advance.

Mark
Sponsored

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
I have the same white on my latch. Have owned the car since 900 miles. That is 100% factory

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
they are all like that mate had mine for two years and its the same from new

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
can confirm mine is the same and it's race red and black on the latch. not all one colour.

Sponsored

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Who is the dealer? They are bullshitting you... they are all like that.... check Hinch ( on here)... he had paint issues too ... now sorted

Bob

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Who is the dealer? They are bullshitting you... they are all like that.... check Hinch ( on here)... he had paint issues too ... now sorted

Bob
Dealership bullshitting customers? Not heard of that before!

My understanding as well is that this is what they are like from factory. Should be an easy warranty job if a competent dealership can be found!

OP
OP
Mark-Wasp

Mark-Wasp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Thanks everyone,

Now spoken with another dealer who does do work with Mustangs, he said straight away it is a known issue with them as he had just finished doing another one.
Taking in tonight to be checked and hopefully booked in, i can call bullshit if he tries the above line.

Mark

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Yep they are all like that, if you don’t mind a trip to York we can do it here at dealer I work at, just email me some pics and I can get it authorised and a new bonnet painted and fitted for you under warranty.

OP
OP
Mark-Wasp

Mark-Wasp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Yep they are all like that, if you don’t mind a trip to York we can do it here at dealer I work at, just email me some pics and I can get it authorised and a new bonnet painted and fitted for you under warranty.
Well if i have any issues with this dealer, I might take you up on that offer.

Thanks again everyone, limited time with the Mustang and so far all my interactions with fellow Mustang owners has been spot on.

Sponsored

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Personally I would go with Adam83 in any case
... he has a mustang and he knows his sh1t!!!

OP
OP
Mark-Wasp

Mark-Wasp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Hi Adam,

I hope you don't mind me picking your insider brain. What warranty would this work normally be covered under? I was assuming it would be the 12 year Perforation warranty, the dealer advised it would only be cover by the standard 3 year warranty. sadly it think this recently expired :(

Just waiting now to hear back and see what is said!

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
As others have said the dealer is chatting crap
IMG_1882.JPG

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Personally I would go with Adam83 in any case
... he has a mustang and he knows his sh1t!!!
Hi Adam,

I hope you don't mind me picking your insider brain. What warranty would this work normally be covered under? I was assuming it would be the 12 year Perforation warranty, the dealer advised it would only be cover by the standard 3 year warranty. sadly it think this recently expired :(

Just waiting now to hear back and see what is said!
It’s perforation warranty yes, the corrosion is coming from the inside of the panel, we have done quite a few mustang bonnets now and had no problem getting it under warranty. Some dealers just aren’t interested in doing warranty work that’s the problem usually so they fob people off.

OP
OP
Mark-Wasp

Mark-Wasp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
It’s perforation warranty yes, the corrosion is coming from the inside of the panel, we have done quite a few mustang bonnets now and had no problem getting it under warranty. Some dealers just aren’t interested in doing warranty work that’s the problem usually so they fob people off.
Thought that would be the case. I will see what is said and any issues i will send you all the details and pics, get a professional to resolve it.

Any case really appreciate your input, i owe or a pint or three if i am down your neck of the woods.
Sponsored

Last edited: