LOL, here are some numbers for you, 71 vs 17 MY:

Length 189.5/188.3
Width 74.1/75.4
Height 50.1/54.4
Wheelbase 109/107.1
Front track 61.5/62.3
Rear track 61/64.9
Turn radius 39.8’/36.5’

So it looks like our current car is about the same size as that “big bitch”!
Thanks for those google comparisons. We’re you under the impression that our cars are not big? Did I in some way imply the S550 is small? My point was the 71 was much larger than the Mustangs that came before it. And it didn’t hurt the breed any.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
A Mach 1 would possibly get me out of my 17 GT if it becomes a thing.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Thanks for those google comparisons. We’re you under the impression that our cars are not big? Did I in some way imply the S550 is small? My point was the 71 was much larger than the Mustangs that came before it. And it didn’t hurt the breed any.
Not at all. I happen to like the 71-73 models as well, particularly in convertible form. I looked up the numbers for a lark and was, to be honest, a bit surprised at how close the dimensions were, but I think the styling gives the impression that the current car is smaller, at least in length.

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
That white prototype is definitely a performance model, wider front fenders and large rear spoiler. Boss 302 or Mach 1 is definitely a possibility. I say Boss 302 as it has been spotted on some dealer allocation forms and makes sense as the GT350 is exiting after 2020. The Bullitt prototype is testing a new power train as evidenced by the exhaust tips, new Boss 302 engine?

Sponsored

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
@Twin Turbo: I'm absolutely with you on this topic. The only think that I'm not sure about is the 2025/26 delay on Gen 7. While it makes sense that most manufacturers seem to want to wait how the sportscar market will develop with all the hybrid & electric stuff (like Chevy laying Camaro 7, Audi killing of TT and R8, etc) the only source of this news is an article released on April 1st.

But I'm absolutely sure that Ford is bringing a second refresh for the S550. I already did a short rendering how the second refresh could look like, based on the spyshots.

For the high wing - big splitter prototype I assume that this will be the next special edition model that replaces the Bullitt - Maybe it's even a Mach 1, after the E-Crossover is likely named Mach-E and Ford still filled a new trademark for Mach 1. Since the seen prototype has at least some EU model parts, this would confirm my informations from last year that Ford wants to bring another special model after the Bullitt to europe too.

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
ha! I’m sure I’m not the only one that has that opinion.

Hopefully HUD will be available soon as well

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
On a slightly related note, I was just re-watching the A Faster Horse documentary and noticed that the exploding blueprint scene that they used in the Mach-1/Mach-E promoclip was actually already in there (at 9:42). So they just recycled that and added a frame with the backlit pony to it.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
What about the future engine choices?

It's clear that the EcoBoost 4 is here to stay, and rightly so.

While my wife was trapped in teh car with me, I began talking about the future engine possibilities for the GT Mustang.

Here's some facts, as I count them:
-The only reason the 5.0 is available in the Mustang is because of the F-150.
-If the next mustang has a V8, it will also be in the F-150 or F-250 (maybe).
-The EB V6 is a perfectly capable engine (I love the one in the wife's Expedition) but it's got the wrong number of cylinders.

At the end of the lifecycle of the Coyote, I do not see FORD making a new V8 just for F-150 sales. The take rate can't be that high on F-150s, and the various flavors of EcoBoost engines available more than cover the needs of 90% of F-150 buyers.

That leaves the Mustang V8-less.

I often dream of a V8 EcoBoost (don' t we all?) and wonder what might be a good base engine in the very popular SuperDuty line?
Seems a V8 EB would be perfect as a base engine in the SuperDuty as the Boss 6.2 age.
High tourque, programmable boost for towing/eco/sport, etc.. Seems perfect. I know the 7.3 is on the way. Does anybody know if the 6.2 will be replaced with the 7.3 gas as the standard engine option?

Has anyone heard anything about new V8 engines for trucks or 'Stangs?

I won't buy a V6 Mustang. Won't happen. This shit makes me sad.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Ford have just introduced a new 7.3 V8 for the bigger trucks...........but it's very unlikely we'll see that in the Mustang (there are a few threads on this already)

I think there's life left in the Coyote yet. Further revisions should see it lasting another 5-10 years. I believe we'll also see a V8 hybrid (electrical assist) in the next couple of years. Dodge have confirmed the Challenger & Charger will get electrification of some sort, too.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I think it'll be the Coyote we know and love, just with added electrical assist.

If we take the Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring as an example, that has an extra 50hp and 200lb/ft over the "stock" Ecboost V6, so 450hp & 600lb/ft v 400hp & 400lb/ft. If that's the future of the V8, I'll take it :like:

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Something has just occurred to me..............there was quite the backlash when Ford announced the Mach 1 name was going to be used for the pure electric "Mustang inspired SUV" so Ford is now calling that Mach-E instead. I wonder if we'll see the Mach 1 name again on the hybrid Mustang. V8 power plus electric assist, along with the 10-speed auto...........that could be quite the drag-strip/street brawler!
Sponsored