Sponsored

I HAVE THE SQUEAK

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
Can anyone help me please. I have a squeak coming from the rear end of the car, the car itself has Eibach Pro-Kit Springs fitted and I have MRR MT350 wheels with 29-35-19 tyres on the rear.

I noticed the squeak earlier in the year and my wife also noticed it (the springs have been on the car since march 2018 and the new wheels march 2019), when the car had its third service from fords (Mid march just before 3 years old and they did the MOT at the same time) I went out with the technician and he heard the noise, picked the car up and he said it was down to fitment of the rear deck panel. Have to admit I had changed this over but this was 2 years ago and its never made the noise.

For a few weeks the noise seemed to have disappeared but now its back, car is now 3 years old and so no warranty left. I am not a mechanic myself but I am handy with a spanner.

At the weekend the car needs a thorough clean and it will be wheels off and I will be checking out the rear, anyone have any ideas as to what it could be or what i should be looking at or tightening up ??

Thanks in advance everyone.
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
more than likely subframe bushings or rear damper top mounts (if they're the factory rubber ones) binding and squeeking. steeda spherical top mounts fixed it for me

OP
OP
Harebear72

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
thats the ones took maybe 15 minutes to fit on the drive with a simple impact driver and a pry bar.

if you've not already messed around with any of the sub frame or anything then there's nothing you really need to do unless you really want to but if all you've done is lower it and nothing else it'll almost certainly be the top mounts binding.

Sponsored

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
This may sound strange but check you exhaust too I had a squeak and it turned out to be the exhaust it had moved slightly and was just touching and it got worse when warm obviously expanding lol
fingers crossed you find it mate its annoying drove me nuts lol

OP
OP
Harebear72

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
Squeak Update.

Last thursday I fitted the Steeda S550 IRS Base Pack after a chat with Robbie. I was initially going to fit the Steeda strut tops but this was thought to be a better thing to hopefully reduce the squeak.

On sat and sunday I drove 300 miles from essex to wilstshire and back and no noises whatsoever so I was really happy. As I got home last night and parked up on my drive I heard the squeak. Now thinking i may change the strut tops after payday.

Did like the IRS base pack and did notice a difference.

now to spend more money on more upgrades !!!!!!

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
Squeak Update.

Last thursday I fitted the Steeda S550 IRS Base Pack after a chat with Robbie. I was initially going to fit the Steeda strut tops but this was thought to be a better thing to hopefully reduce the squeak.

On sat and sunday I drove 300 miles from essex to wilstshire and back and no noises whatsoever so I was really happy. As I got home last night and parked up on my drive I heard the squeak. Now thinking i may change the strut tops after payday.

Did like the IRS base pack and did notice a difference.

now to spend more money on more upgrades !!!!!!
I had something like this on my old one after fitting Eibach's, I lowered rear seats and used electrical tape to tape around "eyes" that the seats click into. Put seats back up and squeak was gone. I also had the BMR kit so the backend was pretty solid. Got to be worth a try.

marzman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Grabber Blue GT
Yep, was about to say it's likely the rear seats. I posted about this earlier this year, having put my seats down for the first time.

Solved it by cutting a couple of little squares out of a thick sainsburys plastic shopping bag and placing over the loops before slamming the seats over it. Problem solved.

adamau5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 s550 ingot silver
Hi. I had a low speed squeak / binding noise.

For me It was the lowering spring not seated in the rubber seat (bottom end). That's an easy check, take the wheel off and you will see if that's the issue.

OP
OP
Harebear72

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
Thanks guys, noticed it this morning as I reversed off the drive and so the seats does seem a reasonable problem, Will take a look tonight and hopefully a bit of tape and it will be gone.
Sponsored