Sponsored

Painted on stripes 10k

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
10K for stripes is stupid. You are just pissing $ AWAY.
I'm paying $700 for for stripes way nicer than what is offered. You guys need a reality check - lol.
Sponsored

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I'm paying $700 for for stripes way nicer than what is offered. You guys need a reality check - lol.
GetPhoto-4.ashx.jpg

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I don't think anyone is going to top the absolute literary genius and unequivocal logic of Mr. Luke's dissertation above.
Just when I thought that I could not be intellectually challenged beyond the depth and complexity of René Descartes Meditations on First Philosophy, along comes Luke's linguistical mastery.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I respectfully and totally disagree with you. You certainly have the right to your opinion just like Tomster and myself have a right to ours. I put the painted stripes on my order and am "Hoping & Praying" that I get them. It really comes down to if 1,250 people with the "Proper Allocations" (we no longer call the Golden Tickets) actually have them. I have said previously I would have more than "GLADLY PAID UP TO $1,300" for the Painted Stripes. In my eyes they are well worth it. Yes, they are expensive but I also said when we were all throwing out our best guesses that they were going to be VERY EXPENSIVE. But to me worth every penny and then some. Like the other poster who wants to make a dealer swap/trade so he can get the CFTP everybody views and wants different things on their cars. I think its a real shame that Ford doesn't say this: "OK GUYS, WE ARE BUILDING JUST 5,000 CARS AND THAT IT, BUT YOU CAN ORDER THE OPTIONS YOU WANT AND THE ORDER BANKS ARE NOW OPEN". But they DIDN'T. So here Iam wanting to SPEND MONEY WITH FORD and they don't even want my money!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won't even get into the massive amount of people that are being laid off from _____. I'll save that for another day. If you don't keep up with the national news that last sentence will find you completely LOST. OOOPS I MEANT $13,000 NOT $1,300. ME BAD.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

Juiced35th

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David Luke
Vehicle(s)
19 PP GT
I don't think anyone is going to top the absolute literary genius and unequivocal logic of Mr. Luke's dissertation above.
Just when I thought that I could not be intellectually challenged beyond the depth and complexity of René Descartes Meditations on First Philosophy, along comes Luke's linguistical mastery.
Why thank you! Stripes just look like shit IMO but to each their own. If $10k stripes makes you happy then by all means get your stripes.

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
I respectfully and totally disagree with you. You certainly have the right to your opinion just like Tomster and myself have a right to ours. I put the painted stripes on my order and am "Hoping & Praying" that I get them. It really comes down to if 1,250 people with the "Proper Allocations" (we no longer call the Golden Tickets) actually have them. I have said previously I would have more than "GLADLY PAID UP TO $1,300" for the Painted Stripes. In my eyes they are well worth it. Yes, they are expensive but I also said when we were all throwing out our best guesses that they were going to be VERY EXPENSIVE. But to me worth every penny and then some. Like the other poster who wants to make a dealer swap/trade so he can get the CFTP everybody views and wants different things on their cars. I think its a real shame that Ford doesn't say this: "OK GUYS, WE ARE BUILDING JUST 5,000 CARS AND THAT IT, BUT YOU CAN ORDER THE OPTIONS YOU WANT AND THE ORDER BANKS ARE NOW OPEN". But they DIDN'T. So here Iam wanting to SPEND MONEY WITH FORD and they don't even want my money!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won't even get into the massive amount of people that are being laid off from _____. I'll save that for another day. If you don't keep up with the national news that last sentence will find you completely LOST. OOOPS I MEANT $13,000 NOT $1,300. ME BAD.
Have you considered the fact that maybe the availability of the stripe and CF track pack options are due to production constraints or capacity? Maybe the paint shop has a constraint on how many cars they can do per year or the CF wheel manufacturer can only produce so many wheels per year. I'm sure there is much more behind the scenes that you aren't even considering.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Maybe the paint shop has a constraint on how many cars they can do per year
No doubt. It took days to paint my stripes.

If Ford does the stripes after production, they will have to remove bumpers (and everything mounted to them) and possibly trunk and hood (and anything attached to them), sand the clear on all panels getting the stripes so the paint would stick, then re-clear all those panels and put them back on the car.

If they do the stripes before the normal clear, they would have to pull the cars from the line right after the color coat, do the stripes and merge the car back onto the line for clear. And I think the normal Ford process does the clear while the base is still wet so that might not even be possible. And none or almost none of that can be automated.

Either way will result in some percentage of stripes not lining up perfectly with adjacent panels and needing some TLC and have a real mess if the panels had been misaligned before painting the stripe.

Then, maybe the stripes aren't on top of the color coat at all. Chrysler was known to paint the stripe color in a wide band on top of the primer and masking off where the actual stripe was needed before painting the main car color.. From a production flow standpoint that might actually be better.

Great pic of our 2016 Mustang.jpg

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Why thank you! Stripes just look like shit IMO but to each their own. If $10k stripes makes you happy then by all means get your stripes.
WOW, I really "HOPE & PRAY" THAT MANY OF THE OTHERS WITH WHAT I CALL THE "PRIVLEDGED FEW" WITH THOSE ALLOCATIONS FEEL EXACTLY LIKE YOU DO!!!!!!!! LOL Then maybe even though my dealer is a small guy I can perhaps get my "PAINTED STRIPES". But I fear that you will end up being in the MINORITY rather than the MAJORITY where I would like it to be. Most people in my humble opinion that are buying this caliber of car are people "WITH MONEY" and that $10K is not going to scare them away. Thats the problem Iam facing. What among many things I have learned is maybe life isn't so fair after all as I would love to have them and probably won't get them.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
No doubt. It took days to paint my stripes.

If Ford does the stripes after production, they will have to remove bumpers (and everything mounted to them) and possibly trunk and hood (and anything attached to them), sand the clear on all panels getting the stripes so the paint would stick, then re-clear all those panels and put them back on the car.

If they do the stripes before the normal clear, they would have to pull the cars from the line right after the color coat, do the stripes and merge the car back onto the line for clear. And I think the normal Ford process does the clear while the base is still wet so that might not even be possible. And none or almost none of that can be automated.

Either way will result in some percentage of stripes not lining up perfectly with adjacent panels and needing some TLC and have a real mess if the panels had been misaligned before painting the stripe.

Then, maybe the stripes aren't on top of the color coat at all. Chrysler was known to paint the stripe color in a wide band on top of the primer and masking off where the actual stripe was needed before painting the main car color.. From a production flow standpoint that might actually be better.

Great pic of our 2016 Mustang.jpg
After reading your post maybe there will be many guys that say "YOU KNOW WHAT, I've thought this stripe B S over and Iam going to go with the VINYL STRIPES. That way is they screw it up we can take them off and put new ones on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL my friend. I too have had "Painted Stripes" put on my Challenger about 6 years ago and the shop had to have my car for 2 1/2 days so I knew it was quite the process. Much more complicated than most guys knew it was.

Sponsored

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Have you considered the fact that maybe the availability of the stripe and CF track pack options are due to production constraints or capacity? Maybe the paint shop has a constraint on how many cars they can do per year or the CF wheel manufacturer can only produce so many wheels per year. I'm sure there is much more behind the scenes that you aren't even considering.
Fully Agree with you my friend. Life is never simple or easy.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I dont have the kind of money you guys have, I love my little pony and really admire these cars. I get it, people say get it aftermarket, but theres no way in hell id buy a 90k car and have anyone spray a drop of paint on it outside of the factory. I'd do vinyl, but id be weery of paint not aging the same myself.

I think the no stripe cars look clean, and the striped cars look mean. Collector point, the stripes will be more rare, no doubt about it. id be mad too if ford wont take my order. That being said, why do people care so much how others spend 1 dollar let alone 100k?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Let me get this all straight.

So you are comparing some vinyl stripes (possibly off shore supplier) that were purchased from some online seller compared to painted stripes that come from the FRAP?

I guess that's are fair comparison.

:wink:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
If you care about the future value of the car add on stripes vinyl or painted will lessen the value of the car. Besides that if I was buying the car and had and extra 10k yes I would get them.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I think in the pic below those are painted stripes ? So I think those cost 700$ and @Rover believes they look better than what Ford could do for 10k...at least I think I am following this correct..
Sponsored