Sponsored

2020 GT500 confirmed orders

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
HR013? Is that the ruby red, stripe less black roof?

I have pictures of that car I think. Jubilee isn’t small, it sells 22-24 350s a year and three Rs or more.

Same one?

Edit, yes same one.
FBEFB6AC-9C1F-4DB4-97C9-8E44CDD77E63.jpeg

Compared to many of the SVT dealerships in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Edmonton or Calgary they are a small dealership but agree that for Saskatchewan and Manitoba they do well.

Yes they get over 20 cars in total but you and I both know many of those GT350's sat for a very long time in the snow and ended up going with deep discounts in order to get them sold. Some with $6000 to $7000 of MSRP.

FWIW, Ford allocated 105 R's in 2017 for the Canadian market there 3 R's for an SVT dealership in Canada is really not significant.

:sunglasses:
Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Compared to many of the SVT dealerships in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Edmonton or Calgary they are a small dealership but agree that for Saskatchewan and Manitoba they do well.

Yes they get over 20 cars in total but you and I both know many of those GT350's sat for a very long time in the snow and ended up going with deep discounts in order to get them sold. Some with $6000 to $7000 of MSRP.

FWIW, Ford allocated 105 R's in 2017 for the Canadian market there 3 R's for an SVT dealership in Canada is really not significant.

:sunglasses:
Thanks for that stat about 105Rs.

Yeah, I only went there because they played ball on price. In Calgary an R was 125k.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
SO My guy is still saying they are waiting on there allocation to order. Says everything is ready in the system and will submit as soon as they get their allocation. Is this how it works? How long does this waiting on allocation last?

Ellas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2016 Shelby GT, 1967 GT500, 1993 Cobra
My guess would be that they are not giving you the one allocation that every dealer received in signing up for the Shelby program. They are most likely waiting for Ford to give them additional allocations through their process. This happened with me in my GT350 and I got screwed because it never came. I would call them and ask about the allocation from the Shelby program because they definitely have that one.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He specifically responded 'we're waiting on the FIRST one (yours). My GM will let me know when they get it'...............

Sponsored

South40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lincoln, 2013 Ford Raptor
He specifically responded 'we're waiting on the FIRST one (yours). My GM will let me know when they get it'...............
Did they sign up and pay for the Shelby program? If they did they will have allocation for 1 GT500 and 1 GT350. If they did not sign up they will not get any allocations.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, they have had GT350's in the past, they said they paid/signed up for the program, i have been on top of them from the start, he seems to know and understand how it works, etc. He showed me the order guide and price list before it was posted here. He said he has been pushing his GM and Ford rep about their allocation and was informed by Rep that NO ONE has an allocation yet(as of today), they may have orders but no allocations? I really don't know what this means or how it works.....Just trying to make sure i am not that 'guy' getting blindsided, if so they have drug me along for 6+ months.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
So much this. There are a core group of Mustang enthusiasts that get the shaft. Guys like Nick in KC and others in the Mustang community try and do actually help, but Ford should officially get on board helping long time Mustang and Ford enthusiasts get cars.

So far I have and had
65 fastback (still have)
82 GT
83 GT convertible
89 5.0 LX
1994 cobra
1996 Cobra
1999 Cobra
2003 Cobra
2013 GT500
2014 GT500
2017 GT350. (still have)

Every time I had to play the game hunting, calling, BS'ing to try and get a car at a reasonable price.

Doesn't seem like a good way to treat long time customers, but I guess they know I'm into Mustangs enough to just keep screwing me over.

Based on the list of cars that you have owned or still own you obviously have been around our hobby for some time therefore you know the Mustang model very well.

Maybe I am missing something with respect to your frustration but what has the Ford Motor Company got to do with selling Mustangs to your or your buddies?

With the number of Mustangs that you have owned or still own you obviously know that a Ford dealership can and should be your best friend when it comes time to pulling the trigger for another Mustang.

Of the 11 Mustangs that you listed above were the majority of them bought as used vehicles or were the majority of them bought new from a Ford dealership?

If the majority of them were bought new I have a hard time understanding how you could not have built up a strong relationship with 1 or 2 dealerships after which time they should have been very helpful with respect to you placing an order for a new Mustang.

I don't know about you but friendships and long standing relationships go a long ways in life and that also applies to a Ford dealership at least that formula has worked very well for me over a very long time.

Ford dealerships can be our friend and a terrific resource for obtaining any new Mustang and to blame the Ford Motor Company for not providing you with resources in order to obtain Mustang allocations is hard to comprehend.

:)

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Based on the list of cars that you have owned or still own you obviously have been around our hobby for some time therefore you know the Mustang model very well.

Maybe I am missing something with respect to your frustration but what has the Ford Motor Company got to do with selling Mustangs to your or your buddies?

:)
They are Ford Vehicles, I question why Ford needs dealers at all. To answer you question about dealers, no two came from the same dealer except the 94 Cobra and the 2013 GT500, although each time I tried to work with the previous dealer. BTW, I also left out 4 F150s in that list of vehicles. In each case, the dealer had no interest in what was previously purchased. Even in the rare case where the same salesman was still at the dealer, and seemed interested in a repeat sale, the sales manager or GM was over riding what they were going to do with their golden goose ultra rare Mustang they managed to get.

Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Pretty sure there's a federal or at minimum state law that requires this
Yes, i believe you are correct, Doesn't mean that law is needed or is even a good idea.

And I believe Tesla is getting around those laws somehow.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
They are Ford Vehicles, I question why Ford needs dealers at all. To answer you question about dealers, no two came from the same dealer except the 94 Cobra and the 2013 GT500, although each time I tried to work with the previous dealer. BTW, I also left out 4 F150s in that list of vehicles. In each case, the dealer had no interest in what was previously purchased. Even in the rare case where the same salesman was still at the dealer, and seemed interested in a repeat sale, the sales manager or GM was over riding what they were going to do with their golden goose ultra rare Mustang they managed to get.

Ford requires dealerships just as 3M, Samsung or Apple require stores to sell their product to the general public as they are manufacturers only therefore require retail locations to sell their product and certain that you can understand that.

When adding in your 4 F150's that is a lot of Ford vehicles and astounds me how one of these dealerships are not willing for work with you based on repeat business.

In my case I typically try to deal with the GSM or GM of each Ford dealership and suggest that is where the relationships are started, kept and maintained over a long period of time.

By using that scenario I have been very fortunate to get to know the senior management and owners of many Ford dealerships and with going that direction by no means do I try to cut out the sales person for their commissions as in almost all cases the senior management make sure that a sales person gets their commissions for any deals that we put together.

Good luck going forward and hope that your situation improves based on your loyalty to the Ford brand!

:like::like:

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Ford requires dealerships just as 3M, Samsung or Apple require stores to sell their product to the general public as they are manufacturers only therefore require retail locations to sell their product and certain that you can understand that.

When adding in your 4 F150's that is a lot of Ford vehicles and astounds me how one of these dealerships are not willing for work with you based on repeat business.

In my case I typically try to deal with the GSM or GM of each Ford dealership and suggest that is where the relationships are started, kept and maintained over a long period of time.

By using that scenario I have been very fortunate to get to know the senior management and owners of many Ford dealerships and with going that direction by no means do I try to cut out the sales person for their commissions as in almost all cases the senior management make sure that a sales person gets their commissions for any deals that we put together.

Good luck going forward and hope that your situation improves based on your loyalty to the Ford brand!

:like::like:
Apple started Apple stores (owned by Apple) because they were dissatisfied with their dealer network. Ford needs to do the same.

The amount of angst it requires to buy one of these cars makes up a significant portion of the posts on this forum, Simply stated, there has to be a better way.

How many of these cars are even bought at the local dealer? When, pick a number 80% or more of the cars on this forum are being purchased places the new owner needs to fly to or ship the cars from, what sense does the need for a "local" dealer make?