jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
How long do you guys think it will take for them to come to the conclusion it needs an engine. I’m ready to get out of this stupid Elantra.
How much oil are you burning? Turn around will be faster it you don't have to go through the consumption test for 500-1000 miles
Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
If you have contacted your regional rep, I would get back on the horn with them or try to leave a message. Your car is ticking bad and it's only a matter of time. They love to tell you its normal or its not bad because they do not want to tie up their heavy line guy for the engine replacement. Stay on them and keep the rep informed and have them push the dealer.

OP
OP

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KYLE
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2016 Hellcat Charger, 2020 mustang GT
I’m appreciating all the feedback on this post, I’m putting a quart in prob every 300-350 miles. I had just put a couple quarts in a week ago and they said it was low a quart after like 100 miles being driven.

Edward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Lightning
I had zero oil burning when mine was replaced. The copper in the oil filter didn’t trigger the replacement - they claimed it was normal. The scoring on the cams is what sealed the deal.

OP
OP

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KYLE
Vehicle(s)
So realistically what should I do just wait?

Sponsored

ameapm2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Genesis 2018 GT350
Something is wrong with the engine. Just lemon it and get a GT500 :rockon:

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
So realistically what should I do just wait?
Are you still inside the Ford power train warranty? Do you have an extended warranty of any kind ?

Your oil consumption alone would put you in the same arena as dozens of other owners that have received new engines.

Not sure why your local dealership is giving you the runaround, after all, they get to bill Ford for the warranty work. It's money in their pocket. Maybe they just don't want to deal with it?

Can you get the car to a larger, more aggressive dealership that wants the warranty work money?

Get that Regional Service Rep involved and make them earn their pay!

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
as @RJay said, the oil consumption alone qualifies you for a new long block, as long as you’re still under the 5yr/60k powertrain warranty. worst case scenario is they will mark the dipstick, top her off, and make you drive 1000 miles.

I’d push the ticking issue and you’ll be back on the road, with a car that don’t have aids, even sooner.

OP
OP

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KYLE
Vehicle(s)
Are you still inside the Ford power train warranty? Do you have an extended warranty of any kind ?

Your oil consumption alone would put you in the same arena as dozens of other owners that have received new engines.

Not sure why your local dealership is giving you the runaround, after all, they get to bill Ford for the warranty work. It's money in their pocket. Maybe they just don't want to deal with it?

Can you get the car to a larger, more aggressive dealership that wants the warranty work money?

Get that Regional Service Rep involved and make them earn their pay!
Yes I am still in warranty car only has 6k miles

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
Keep your Ford Regional Rep updated daily. You contact him!! Dealer is dragging their heels on this. If he starts oil consumption test and documents 1qt. in 300-350mi. usage as you state, Ford will quickly approve replacement engine.
Loud clicking, spun bearing(s), bent rod(s),
far above acceptable oil consumption....
Dealer should get needed documented testing procedures then approval for engine replacement NOW!

Sponsored

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
I agree with Xanchromo, drive the car while going through the dealer’s process. I wouldn’t worry one bit about 100 miles on the car/engine. It’s not an exotic, its just a tarted up mustang rental. Albeit with a special drivetrain. Though yours is extra special.

The bottom line is you can bang your head against a problem you cant resolve, making everyone involved miserable or you can sit back and relax and go through the process with them. The engine will either let go, be replaced, or be fixed. Don’t worry about the car depreciating, its going to do that because its a mustang.

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
drive the car while going through the dealer’s process. I wouldn’t worry one bit about 100 miles on the car/engine. It’s not an exotic, its just a tarted up mustang rental. Albeit with a special drivetrain. Though yours is extra special.
Totally agree! These cars weren't designed or built to be Garage Queens! MILES = SMILES!
Yes I am still in warranty car only has 6k miles
I overlooked this post - 6K miles on a car four model years old? Maybe there are dust bunnies in the engine? :wink:

OP
OP

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KYLE
Vehicle(s)
lmao it's possible, I've only owned the car for about a year, I bought the car used with like 2k miles on it.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
I’m appreciating all the feedback on this post, I’m putting a quart in prob every 300-350 miles. I had just put a couple quarts in a week ago and they said it was low a quart after like 100 miles being driven.
Who is "they"? Are you doing an oil consumption test with a dealer? If so, should only take a few weeks to confirm it's going through too much and get approval for a new motor
Sponsored