Sponsored

Bran2TheDon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp. Orange GT
I’d love to move to Florida, and would if I could find a job that would relocate me. I hate virginia
Job specs really don’t matter.
I’m currently an underground coal miner but wanting a whole career and living change. I’ve been searching LinkIn pretty regular here lately

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I’d love to move to Florida, and would if I could find a job that would relocate me. I hate virginia
I’m currently an underground coal miner but wanting a whole career and living change. I’ve been searching LinkIn pretty regular here lately
One easy way is with a CDL Class A. Orlando and Lakeland are distribution hubs and there are plenty of driving jobs. Most start at more than $50k/year.

Bran2TheDon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp. Orange GT
One easy way is with a CDL Class A. Orlando and Lakeland are distribution hubs and there are plenty of driving jobs. Most start at more than $50k/year.
I’ve never had much interest living my life in a truck personally, but that may be what it takes

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What part of Florida do you have in mind?

Sponsored

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I’ve never had much interest living my life in a truck personally, but that may be what it takes
Living in a truck isn't really the norm anymore. Most trucking companies are now doing regional. You may spend every other night in a truck. Other than that, foodservice is 3 or 4 nights a week returning home daily. Companies like McLane, SYGMA, PFG, QCD and a whole bunch more are in Central FL. Those jobs are 60k+, but you'll be humping product into restaurants.

Just an option that pays higher than average here.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I moved from South Carolina.

There’s plenty of jobs down here, just depends on what you’re looking for. Cost of living sucks. I’m making a salary that back home I could own a pretty nice house but here I’m stuck in the cycle of renting until we really commit to being here full time or just for another year or two.

Bran2TheDon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp. Orange GT
I moved from South Carolina.

There’s plenty of jobs down here, just depends on what you’re looking for. Cost of living sucks. I’m making a salary that back home I could own a pretty nice house but here I’m stuck in the cycle of renting until we really commit to being here full time or just for another year or two.
Yeah that’s about what I figured. Sometimes you have to take a cut for things to work out for the better though.
What kind of work are you doing?

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah that’s about what I figured. Sometimes you have to take a cut for things to work out for the better though.
What kind of work are you doing?
I agree. I’m an operations manager in the resort tourism industry, responsible for supporting our sales and marketing operations. We usually have sales or marketing roles open fairly often. I’m in the Fort Lauderdale area.

Sponsored

qbnlynx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ralph
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
just moved to phoenix from southeast florida (miami/fort lauderdale). born and raised there and i always say it's like another country down there.. maybe another universe. if you're looking at south florida i'd recommend the west coast however not sure of the job market there. personally i'd look into central florida. lots of jobs, cheaper cost of living, less crazy drivers, etc.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
just moved to phoenix from southeast florida (miami/fort lauderdale). born and raised there and i always say it's like another country down there.. maybe another universe. if you're looking at south florida i'd recommend the west coast however not sure of the job market there. personally i'd look into central florida. lots of jobs, cheaper cost of living, less crazy drivers, etc.
Universe is right. Lol.

My favorite area of FL is definitely Tampa/Clearwater. Wasn’t able to get there via work so I ended up in SFL. The area is pretty awesome. My biggest gripe is the crime, cost of living and generally shitty people. Other than that, it’s an outdoor paradise, great weather, LOTS of stuff to do and a huge car scene.

qbnlynx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ralph
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
Universe is right. Lol.

My favorite area of FL is definitely Tampa/Clearwater. Wasn’t able to get there via work so I ended up in SFL. The area is pretty awesome. My biggest gripe is the crime, cost of living and generally shitty people. Other than that, it’s an outdoor paradise, great weather, LOTS of stuff to do and a huge car scene.
it's a very hectic place. you have people from all over the world converging together and it doesn't always gel smoothly. but yes, lots of nice cars and if you're into water activities there are lots of things to do. nightlife is expanse but i'm a homebody so never got into that type of stuff lol. hope you enjoy your time down there!

Bran2TheDon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp. Orange GT
I agree. I’m an operations manager in the resort tourism industry, responsible for supporting our sales and marketing operations. We usually have sales or marketing roles open fairly often. I’m in the Fort Lauderdale area.
I’ll apply when one comes available. I’d do good in sales, I’m a good BS’er

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
I lived in South Florida most my life(Miami/Fort Lauderdale), moved to the Orlando area about 7 years ago. It was the best decision I ever made, better cost of living, more jobs, easier to get around...well except for I4 lol
Sponsored