Sponsored

Whats your header-midpipe-muffler combo?

cnycomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
So along with my D1x procharger, I installed catless headers, steeda h-pipe and still have the stock mufflers. The car is real loud and raspy like this. So last week I ordered the magnaflow resonator for my car and put that on. Now its too quiet! OMG, I sound picky but I dont know what to do next? Change the mufflers? Whats your combo that you are happy with?
Sponsored

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So along with my D1x procharger, I installed catless headers, steeda h-pipe and still have the stock mufflers. The car is real loud and raspy like this. So last week I ordered the magnaflow resonator for my car and put that on. Now its too quiet! OMG, I sound picky but I dont know what to do next? Change the mufflers? Whats your combo that you are happy with?
Which magnaflow resonator, the cjpp one that hooks up to oem exhaust?

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
Custom H Pipe
Magnaflow Comp Axle Backs

With those two things, I get lots of compliments on how deep it sounds. Can get a drone at under 2000rpm in 6th at heavy load. If I wasn't manual, I'd hate the exhaust setup.

Will be going with an MBRP 1 7/8 Off Road Header sometime this or next year.

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Check out the Vibrant 12" bottle-style resonators. You will get exactly what you are looking for. Been there done that with the MF unit. I current run ARH with off road mid pipes, Steeda x-pipe, the Vibrants, all out the back with Ford Performance by Borla Sport. If I could only diagnose a pesky passenger side header rattle...

Norklin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10
2m/eBay (catless) - Stock - Stock

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm about to swap from catted ARH lead pipes + Corsa Sport with Vibrant 1794 resonators to ARH catless lead pipes with a Krona catback, full 3" setup.

It's not that I don't like my current setup. I just want to try something different. My current setup is amazing for volume control on headers at low rpms but the wrath of God comes out 5k+ rpm.

Norklin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10
I'm about to swap from catted ARH lead pipes + Corsa Sport with Vibrant 1794 resonators to ARH catless lead pipes with a Krona catback, full 3" setup.

It's not that I don't like my current setup. I just want to try something different. My current setup is amazing for volume control on headers at low rpms but the wrath of God comes out 5k+ rpm.
I just ordered corsa sports so its 3" all the way, no cats currently. fml is it gonna be that bad.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I just ordered corsa sports so its 3" all the way, no cats currently. fml is it gonna be that bad.
No, it's very controllable. It's just loud in the upper rpms.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Check out the Vibrant 12" bottle-style resonators. You will get exactly what you are looking for. Been there done that with the MF unit. I current run ARH with off road mid pipes, Steeda x-pipe, the Vibrants, all out the back with Ford Performance by Borla Sport. If I could only diagnose a pesky passenger side header rattle...
Agree the Vibrant 12" helped calm down my ARH LTH to Corsa Xtreme setup as well. Definitely should be an option to consider.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
We're running the Kooks 1-7/8" headers and offroad leads with turndowns. Before that we went from the offroad leads to our Lethal H Pipe resonator delete and the Lethal Race Series Axleback. Below are videos of both setups. The first is with the turndowns. The 2nd is with the back half of the system still installed on the car.

Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Few catbacks that actually sound good with these cars that arent on the raspy side. LTH, ARH, I still think corsa sports sound good but could be considered raspy.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
TSP LT's no cats, MagnaFlow Tru X, FRPP/Borla AB. No rasp, smooth heavenly sound!

OniVita

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matar
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang S550 PP
Green catted 1 7/8 kooks connected to corsa sport 3" all the way. Not too loud till you hit it.
I would have started by adding cats before going to resonators, I believe that would have helped a little with both loudness and respyness.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
SW 1 7/8 LT's, Bassani resonated X, with Magnaflows Comps. No cats...and was also loud and raspy till I installed the resonated X, not also a smidge too quiet.
Sponsored