Sponsored

Who else ordered a 2019 GT350/GT350R

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
On a related note - last year (just before I ordered in December....you know the rest of the story= waiting) my dealer told me that with the Ford pass & related connectivity the plan was to not track production & delivery progress based on VIN's but rather to be able to track the equivalent of the MAC address of the FordPassConnect's 4G LTE. I guess it would be able to go live really early in assembly (i.e. powered or local storage enough for it to ping as soon as married to a chassis)> He was exited that guys like us could virtually see it rolling though production and transported right up to dealer delivery - i.e. to meet the car at delivery etc. THEN April he's saying "yeah, they squashed it". Turns out it was some vocal dealers who hated the idea and so it was tossed. They hated that customers would have more information and be tracking to that level of detail. It cuts both ways - a lot of us a less of a pain in the tail if we're kept informed or able to get info without beg & plea. Oh well....it sure would have filled in some of the blanks of "where the heck is my car now?" But also it might have been worse to see progress stalled and a car sitting for sure for weeks or months in some outdoors crappy location waiting for "a final inspection" (recall or screwup retrofit of whatever steering wheel/shifter etc problems as in the case of MY'19 Job2's).
Keeping the customer informed does not appear to be high on Ford’s priority list of things to do these days.
Sponsored

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Man...that is SO unacceptable Ford should be absolutely ashamed of themselves! Man I feel so bad for you....it's no doubt an absolutely great car but how terrible that you cannot get any information....totally disgraceful!
Lack of information is the story of the production of the GT350 in 2019.

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I’m on 7 months waiting for my car also. Delivery date has changed 5 times. Latest date is July 13. (Car was produced May 1st, released June 15th) Not showing shipped yet so I really don’t think it’s going make the 13th of July! Shipping to Massachusetts. Not surprised anymore! I’ll NEVER order another Ford again. If I get another I’ll find a dealer with one in stock even if it’s out state. Ford call themselves world class, what a joke! I’m lucky I have a 2012 Roush RS3 to drive in the meantime!
Sounds like we are in almost the same boat.

The vehicle I ordered took 3+ weeks to actually ship once it was released for shipping.

If all goes well your vehicle should arrive by the end of the month.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Keeping the customer informed does not appear to be high on Ford’s priority list of things to do these days.
I bleed Ford blue but, I could not agree more. Someone thinks the idea of communicating a problem is worse then having the customer in the dark

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I bleed Ford blue but, I could not agree more. Someone thinks the idea of communicating a problem is worse then having the customer in the dark
Couldn’t agree more. I have personally owned 4 Shelby’s and my wife has owned too many Ford’s to list.

Communication would have been key for this build year but unfortunately that did not happen.

The saving grace is we will all eventually own a very special vehicle.

Sponsored

Jimichrist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
OK..now you guys are getting REALLY crazy!! Railroad maps??? :cwl::cwl::cwl:

Although I do understand though........:sunglasses::sunglasses:
lol... I've actually researched junctions myself. In fact, I can imagine myself in the nuthouse in 30 years with the only thing I'm able to babble out of my drooling mouth is the VIN on my 2019 GT350.:crazy:

Jimichrist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
As of 8:40 AM EST my GT350 was traveling by rail through Flat Rock, KY on its way to Florida. My guess is that there are probably a few more GT 350s on that train, so if you live in the southeast and you have a July 11 - 15 ETA then you can probably, maybe, possibly expect that your car will at least be in your state at some time between those dates. I don't dare say delivered as I have no idea what happens after they are unloaded from the train.

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
0BF2BD16-377B-4263-B169-77452B4B3E0A.png
Well, I’m up to 6 delivery changes. Another change today. One of these days it better be real!!!

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
0BF2BD16-377B-4263-B169-77452B4B3E0A.png
Well, I’m up to 6 delivery changes. Another change today. One of these days it better be real!!!
"This step could take a few days to a week."

LMAO!!!

My car sat SEVEN weeks from Production to Shipment!

Yours was built a week before mine - and it's still not even loaded onto a train?

You must be going bat sh*t!

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Sponsored

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
As of 8:40 AM EST my GT350 was traveling by rail through Flat Rock, KY on its way to Florida. My guess is that there are probably a few more GT 350s on that train, so if you live in the southeast and you have a July 11 - 15 ETA then you can probably, maybe, possibly expect that your car will at least be in your state at some time between those dates. I don't dare say delivered as I have no idea what happens after they are unloaded from the train.
This is interesting as I am in South Carolina with an ETA on my car of 7/15. Amazingly my car has been pretty close to all of the scheduled dates so far so we could definitely be sharing this train! How do you know where it is?

Thanks!
G-

Jimichrist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
This is interesting as I am in South Carolina with an ETA on my car of 7/15. Amazingly my car has been pretty close to all of the scheduled dates so far so we could definitely be sharing this train! How do you know where it is?

Thanks!
G-
I emailed the dealership and he sent me a transit update. I'm not sure how he got it. I know the railway is Norfolk Southern, whatever that means. What I found interesting was that there was a "starting date" and an "ending date" regarding the ETA. The starting date is 7/11 and the ending date is 7/15. I'll ask for another update on Monday.

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
This step could take a few days to a week."

LMAO!!!

My car sat SEVEN weeks from Production to Shipment!

Yours was built a week before mine - and it's still not even loaded onto a train?

You must be going bat sh*t!
Not happy to say the least! No choice but to wait!

J-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Ford Performance Blue K1992
Shipped 6/21 from Flat Rock and made it to Portland, OR in 14 days via rail!! I was refreshing trackmymustang.com quite a bit the last couple days (more than I'd like to admit) knowing it was unloaded from the rail car on 7/4. Last night about 10pm it changed and has delivered to my dealer! The weather here has taken a turn, drizzle and showers today and tomorrow. Hoping to pick her up on Monday when the weather is clear.

Secondly, my dealer bought this allocation from a small rural dealer in WI. I ordered Ford Perf Blue with white stripes, and as you can see they're black. I noticed it the day the window sticker became available. My dealer sent them our original order that clearly states 'white'. The order was already 'bucked' at the plant and couldn't be changed. They are doing the right thing and have ordered new white stripes to make it right. Hoping that I'm double lucky that the stripes arrived too!
PerfBlue.jpg

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Agree...little did I know at the time how bad it would get. Note again that in this case it was dealers rather than FoMoCo that killed it for us.
Sponsored