Lund Emissions Tune

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
I’m going to throw out a thought on the anti-foulers. When I had my srt8 charger with Kooks LT’s and cats with built motor, I used to run anti-foulers with stainless steel steel wool lightly packed in them. This worked for me every time I had to get my car to pass emissions testing in DE. Has anyone tried this yet?
Sponsored

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
Sorry for reviving a dead thread but I just loaded my emissions tune from Lund and had all the monitors set in about 20 mins of driving. Mods jlt intake,18 manifold lu47s corsa cat back, stock cats.
C225A780-2BFD-4604-8D34-53FAE49B9100.jpeg

Last edited:

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Sorry for reviving a dead thread but I just loaded my emissions tune from Lund and had all the monitors set in about 20 mins of driving. Mods jlt intake,18 manifold corsa cat back, stock cats.
C225A780-2BFD-4604-8D34-53FAE49B9100.jpeg
The issue had been with cat deletes and headers w and w/o cats. With Stock cats there doesnt seem to be any issues

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Yeah, Lund usually can get you dialed in on stock cats/headers. It's the long tubes that makes it trickier with or without cats. I think the OP had a strange case that could have been the tune, but not every car behaves the same way.

Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP

Duffie112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Did anyone happen to find a solution to the Lund emission tune and monitors not going green? I’m in the same boat cai, long tube headers and tune and can’t get the 02’s to go green. I had 120 miles on since I re flashed it to the emissions tune and still nothing. I just reflashed it again thinking it didn’t load right. Now I’m going to try to follow the drive cycle. Back and forth with Lund and they don’t have much to say besides put it to stock if it won’t pass...

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Did anyone happen to find a solution to the Lund emission tune and monitors not going green? I’m in the same boat cai, long tube headers and tune and can’t get the 02’s to go green. I had 120 miles on since I re flashed it to the emissions tune and still nothing. I just reflashed it again thinking it didn’t load right. Now I’m going to try to follow the drive cycle. Back and forth with Lund and they don’t have much to say besides put it to stock if it won’t pass...
I assume you are catless headers. If just driving without doing drive cycle, it could take much longer than 120, just gotta get lucky. Do the cycle for the 02 portions.

If not catless and tune required cai, isnt it safe to put the stock on?

Duffie112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I have mbrp catted long tube headers and a roush cold air intake with the adapter out. I’m not sure if going back to a stock tune with long tube headers and a cold air intake was an option. I just drove 60 miles after I reflashed the tune and everything is green except the big the 3 the evap and both o2’s.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
I have mbrp catted long tube headers and a roush cold air intake with the adapter out. I’m not sure if going back to a stock tune with long tube headers and a cold air intake was an option. I just drove 60 miles after I reflashed the tune and everything is green except the big the 3 the evap and both o2’s.
Cool, sounds like you are on your way again :)

The Evap takes place in the first 30 mins after car has been down for awhile. I had to set that one on the second day just cruising up and down the highway with steady throttle - Also be sure tank is close to 3/4 fuel.

6. Cruise at 77 to 104 km/h (48 to 65 mph) for 10 minutes Executes the EVAP monitor if the intake air temperature is (avoid sharp turns and hills). NOTE: To initiate the monitor, between 4.4 to 37.8°C (40 to 100°F) the throttle should be at part throttle

Good luck - Hopefully you get pleasantly surprised

Sponsored

Duffie112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Ok I figured I would have to do the evap after the car sat over night. What is the trick with the o2 and Ho2? How many miles is it before they go green? Any certain driving techniques to help them complete? Thanks for the help man!

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just asking since you guys have tried to sort this stuff out, say I do a Flex Tune with the E85r tune if I ever race it in E85r? For sure I will with Flex...

The only mods I have are a AFe drop in filter and a h-pipe, everything else is stock.

My question is, one will I pass on the flex tune?

Or does the Ngauge save my stock tune when I load the flex, and would I have to put my stock tune back in to pass emissions?

I’m in Pa, stricter than Tx...

Just curious....

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Just asking since you guys have tried to sort this stuff out, say I do a Flex Tune with the E85r tune if I ever race it in E85r? For sure I will with Flex...

The only mods I have are a AFe drop in filter and a h-pipe, everything else is stock.

Or does the Ngauge save my stock tune when I load the flex, and would I have to put my stock tune back in to pass emissions?

Just curious....
For the Ngauge to load the Lund tune to your car it first loads your factory tune on the tuner. I have a Lund flex tune with all O2 sensors on. I also have my cats. I pass the Louisiana emission test verified via OBD2. If you don't delete your cats you should be ok. Check with Lund about your state. No matter where you live they will not promise you will pass.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT

Just curious....
Your stock tune should be on the Nguage. Just understand when you change tune you will have to drive for a bit to have monitors set. Shouldn't take long with the mods you have. I dont have experience with e85, so i dont know if the fuel you are running matters

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Just asking. Why install a Flex and E85 tune and keep switching back and forth? What do you hope to gain?
Sponsored