Upgrading stock GT350 Stereo and more

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Ok - finished the installation today.

It took me a few days. Some thoughts:

1. Running the power cable was a chore, as I had to remove a bunch of panels, the fender liner, and general contortions/uncomfortableness.
2. Getting the Stealthbox in place is a bitch. If I did it again, it would take 1/10 the time. One of the keys is to get the upper bolt in place, tighten it a bit to snug the box up, and then kick/scratch/claw the box into place for the other two lower bolts.
3. Connect the Remote Out from the LC2i to the Remote Line-Out on the Amp. I overlooked this footnote in a few places and had a lot of trouble getting the Amp to power on. Once I did this simple connection, boom.
4. The Stealthbox puts out more bass than I will EVER need. Holy crap - it kicks like a mule. Rock sounds so good. Techno sounds like a club - more bass than I am used to.
5. I had to fabricate a tray to mount the amp and LC2i. Just use cardboard to get the dimensions right, and then cut wood to the right size.
6. The Stealthbox looks stock. Totally stock.
7. My Amp/LC2i installation doesn't look nearly as clean as Ninjak's. I may go back in and wire-wrap everything. Frankly, I was stoked to get it working! :)
Sponsored

Sagittaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
About done replacing all my speakers with a selection of Infinity Kappa 6.5s, and a host of 8 Ohm Parts Express standalone speakers. One thing I noticed.... I added almost 10lbs of speaker weight if not more.

The OEM speakers are stupid light:
Rear 6.5s: neodymium and weigh nothing
Front 6.5s: ferrite but very light
Door 3.5s: Average speaker weight
Center: neodymium and weighs nothing

Was curious and sure enough Ford sent out a press release highlighting how light the new speakers are:
The more rigid doors of the new Mustang enable the use of slimmer, lighter 6.5-inch door speakers that don’t need as much travel to produce comparable audio volume, with higher-fidelity mid-range and bass sound. A pair of 6.5-inch round full-range speakers are mounted in the rear package tray of the fastback, or in the quarter panels in the convertible.

Both available premium audio systems add a front center speaker mounted in the top of the instrument panel for improved vocal and speech clarity. These systems add a separate 8+1-channel amplifier, and use powerful neodymium magnet speakers to help reduce weight while improving overall sensitivity and sound reproduction. The mid-range nine-speaker system adds a second speaker to each door, separating the low and mid-range frequencies for improved fidelity.
Granted this is embellished and a lot of these speakers are crap as we know.. but knowing this now I wish I would've looked for some nice neo speakers and saved some more weight... seeing how I'm going to spend over $1000 to save 10lbs with a driveshaft :headbang: Looks like Ford was paying mind to weight!

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
What did you use for your mid-range door speakers?

Sponsored

Sagittaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
What did you use for your mid-range door speakers?
Here's the full list. I just wanted to replace speakers and kept factory amp. Therefore I matched the same impedance in my car minus the 6.5s which I wanted to get some juice out of (note impedance vary on cars).

Door 6.5: Infinity Kappa 60CSX Woofer Only (Part # 062-0006-10216-E special ordered from Harmon) - 2.5 Ohm (stock is 4 Ohm)
Door 3.5: FaitalPRO 3FE22 - 8 Ohm
Tweeter: Dayton AMT Mini-8 - 8 Ohm
Center: Dayton PS95 - 8 Ohm
Rear 6.5: Infinity Kappa 62IX Coaxial - 2.5 Ohm (stock is 4 Ohm)

Tweeter Crossover: Dayton 6k-HPF-8 (2nd Order 6K Hi Pass) - 8 Ohm
Door 3.5 Crossover: Dayton 6k-LPF-8 (2nd Order 6K Lo Pass) - 8 Ohm

I added a full 2nd Order Hi Pass cross over in place of the single hi pass cap on the factory tweeters. I also added another 2nd order lo pass cross over for the 3.5s... the factory has none. Apparently the 3.5s suck so bad they don't really play highs.

The factory amp takes care of the crossover between the door 3.5s and 6.5s.

I just have the tweeters & crossovers to install.. still debating on where to put the crossover. Luckily the tweeters fit in the factory pillar location.

NYC350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R,2011Raptor Supercharged,2018 Raptor , 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
looking to upgrade my sound system on 2016 track pack , any recomendation perferably utilazing the stock wiring .
Sponsored