Very, very impressed with CMX; 2 coats, pics inside

OP
OP

GentlemanJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT #savethemanuals, 2012 Audi Q5
Forgot to ask - did you find CMX filled in some of the swirl marks on the paint? I have to claybar this summer (I know this will remove the CMX but no biggie as it's super easy to re-apply.

I'm thinking CMX does hide some pf the swirl marks but curious about your findings
My car only has 1800 miles and has been all hand washed. So I didn't really have a lot (any?) problem areas when I did the CMX.
Sponsored

Reactions: A7X

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
I don't know if CMX or the Meguiars version are the same as a "real" ceramic coating,
They aren't. They are a ceramic "based" coating with much lower silica content than a real ceramic coating.

For what they are, they're a nice sealer. But a ceramic coating, they aren't. Ceramic is a nice marketing buzzword, so companies are now attaching it to everything, unfortunately.

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
They aren't. They are a ceramic "based" coating with much lower silica content than a real ceramic coating.

For what they are, they're a nice sealer. But a ceramic coating, they aren't. Ceramic is a nice marketing buzzword, so companies are now attaching it to everything, unfortunately.
used it on a few of my vehicles and simply love the stuff. on nd off easy, just do not try it in the sunlight. boy that was a mess..

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
Yep I tried it in sunlight and wasn't happy either. my fault, instructions say to do in shade

Sponsored

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
here is my previous vehicle coated also...
IMG_5022.jpg
IMG_5277.jpg

OP
OP

GentlemanJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT #savethemanuals, 2012 Audi Q5

Yeah, but those are all good things. Again, part of the reason I like it is because it avoids that ridiculous looks that "real" ceramic will give you. The lower silica content still allows you to get protection while not looking like a rolling Skittles :)

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
That looks nice. I'm assuming this is more than one coat of CMX?
yes, i did the chemical guys swirl and scratch remover with a buffer as well as their cherry wet wax then two coats of the mother's cmx. it is so easy to use and take off plus the shine is ridiculously good.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Yeah, but those are all good things. Again, part of the reason I like it is because it avoids that ridiculous looks that "real" ceramic will give you. The lower silica content still allows you to get protection while not looking like a rolling Skittles :)
The vast majority of the shine/gloss is not from the coating but the prep and polishing before hand. Some coatings add a little gloss, but it's mostly a placebo effect. The polish job is where most of it comes from.
Sponsored