Sponsored

Supercharge or don't supercharge my GT

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Hey Guys,

I have a 2016 GT Premium and I've always wanted to supercharge it for a long time. Early this year, I started a laway order where I would pay little by little. I selected a kenne bell and I'm still paying it. I have about close to 5.5k of payments left.

Now here's the question: I use my car daily for work. My job is pretty good and they pay over 50 cents per mile that I drive. I was thinking about supercharging my 2016 GT because it's already paid off, getting an hybrid or not supercharging it and just driving it as it is for work. The 2020 GT500 also interests me but honestly I can't see much sense in getting it if I have already paid off my car. Just more debt I guess.

My GT has about 55k miles right now because of frequent daily driving so I'm not too sure on supercharging it. I'm a little worried that it will affect the engine or the engine is too old. What would you guys do? Just need thoughts.

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sponsored

MrOldschool45

MrOldschool45
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package
I agree with ForYourOwnGood, send it man. Don't listen to any negativity about it. Not everybody has 8k+ sitting around to mod a car for fun. Myself, I'm a low interest rate credit card warrior. Congrats on actually saving cash. You'll love the supercharger. Take care

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
If you have to make payments of any sort on a supercharger you probably shouldn’t be buying one.
I assume you bought your house with greenbacks?

Sponsored
OP
OP

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Well, I'd rather not spend a whole lot of money on a supercharger at once, it's not an emergency need. I prefer to save more of my money. Is it that hard to understand? For anyone saying if you have to finance it you shouldn't be buying it. That's just the dumbest thing I've heard. I want to spend money buying a second car which would be an hybrid car, surely I could have dumped that money on the supercharger instead but whatever.

Anyway, the car is paid off so definitely I can afford it. I make over 9k per month as an Engineer so yes I can afford it but whatever, just stupid comments. A car is not an appreciating asset so why put so much money at once on it. Better off putting money in 401k etc and I'm 28yrs old. I'm paying for the supercharger and also putting money in fidelity.

I'm sure my money invested will be good for me several years from now, I can't say the same for a supercharger. But to each his own. If you prefer putting all your money in cars and judging everyone who's not putting theirs on it, that's your choice.

With that said, thanks for your advice guys. I'll supercharge my baby this year.

Last edited:

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
house is an appreciating asset

cars are not, especially not supercharged cars

do you have a room temperature IQ?
There are plenty of good arguments why owning a house is not as good as renting but hey, this is the internet where your opinion is the best one..

Enjoy your 30 year loan and never ending maintenance costs. I'll wait while you tell me you did a 15 year..

To the OP, send it. It's your money.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
My 2019 came off the boat, had 22kms on the clock and went to the shop for the supercharger. Do it, you wil not regret it one bit.