Painted on stripes 10k

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I just updated my order to get the painted on 10K stripes. What's 10K in the grand scheme of things.
Sponsored

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Wow. It would seem that Ford should be: (This guy wants painted stripes ? Give him a allocation !) Well good luck. Stay on them. I'm sure you will get it done.
YOU would be quite "SHOCKED" at the EFFORT I have put in on this whole project including trying to get those Painted Stripes with NO assurance of getting them at this point. So yes, Iam just a little bitchy today and I don't mean to be because it certainly has nothing to do with you guys. Keep in mind I actually called 41 Ford Dealers before even landing a deal. At the time I had NO CLUE what a GOLDEN TICKET DEALER EVEN IS. I certainly now do though!!!!!!!!!! Its funny in life if you take 2 steps back and STOP & THINK, you've got a guy that wants to spend his money on something that is being offered and he is having one heck of a difficult time getting it. I could go into great detail but I doubt I should and since I still have a shot at getting them I will just leave it at that. Let me just say I have learned alot about this WHOLE PROCESS. I've had plenty of sleepness nights over this car. Its going to be my "LAST MUSCLE CAR" and I truly plan on keeping it well over 5 to 8 years. Maybe longer. Since Iam old (age 68) the car will out live me.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I just called my dealer this morning and had them update my order to add painted on stripes with the bonus hooker in vegas option.
GT500order3.jpg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
YOU would be quite "SHOCKED" at the EFFORT I have put in on this whole project including trying to get those Painted Stripes with NO assurance of getting them at this point. So yes, Iam just a little bitchy today and I don't mean to be because it certainly has nothing to do with you guys. Keep in mind I actually called 41 Ford Dealers before even landing a deal. At the time I had NO CLUE what a GOLDEN TICKET DEALER EVEN IS. I certainly now do though!!!!!!!!!! Its funny in life if you take 2 steps back and STOP & THINK, you've got a guy that wants to spend his money on something that is being offered and he is having one heck of a difficult time getting it. I could go into great detail but I doubt I should and since I still have a shot at getting them I will just leave it at that. Let me just say I have learned alot about this WHOLE PROCESS. I've had plenty of sleepness nights over this car. Its going to be my "LAST MUSCLE CAR" and I truly plan on keeping it well over 5 to 8 years. Maybe longer. Since Iam old (age 68) the car will out live me.
There is no such thing as a golden ticket dealer. Dealerships are given allocations based upon previous sales. A CFTP is an allocated trim package. Painted on stripes are an allocated option as well. You cant just add it if they dealer doesn't have an allocation for it. Its that simple.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I'm sorry but anyone willing to spend $10,000 on stripes is insane. I mean they might as well stretch the word SUCKER as the stripe as that would at least be accurate. I know Ford marks stuff up but this is ridiculous.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
All you guys make it sound like its not a big deal to paint stripes on a car rolling down the assembly line. They have to pull the car, mask and paint, and then clear coat over the work that has been done. I would call that special attention.
To do it properly and well would be a colossal pain in the ass. I can see why they're gouging a bit on it.....

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I'm sorry but anyone willing to spend $10,000 on stripes is insane. I mean they might as well stretch the word SUCKER as the stripe as that would at least be accurate. I know Ford marks stuff up but this is ridiculous.
Says the 2018 ecoboost guy. I can afford it, and I will have it. Your insults are offensive

You probably stumbled upon this sub forum by accident. Let me help you find your way back

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/forums/mustang-s550-general-forums.56/

Last edited:

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
Says the 2018 ecoboost guy. I can afford it, and I will have it. Your insults are offensive

You probably stumbled upon this sub forum by accident. Let me help you find your way back

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/forums/mustang-s550-general-forums.56/
Exactly. Ferrari charges $1700 for Ferrari shields on the fenders and $1200 for a horse stitched on the headrest. Porsche charges thousands for painted or leather vents. It's all relative. People can spend money on whatever they want.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I put the stripes in on my order and like I said earlier I would be happy to pay $13,000 for them. There are those that have said "Oh you won't have a problem getting them for the price they are getting". Ha, to that I say those are folks that simply don't know what they are talking about. Its a major hassle trying to get them. But I keep praying that it will happen.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
As I said in another thread, or maybe it was this one, having Ford do it may be the best option. Get them done at a aftermarket shop and they are NOT done to your specifications or expectations and it can become a real issue. When your already at 90+K you might as well spend the rest to get it done right.

Last edited:

Sponsored

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Exactly. Ferrari charges $1700 for Ferrari shields on the fenders and $1200 for a horse stitched on the headrest. Porsche charges thousands for painted or leather vents. It's all relative. People can spend money on whatever they want.
Ha it's always funny when people complain about how others choose to spend their money - be it stripes, ADM or whatever.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I inquired at my local body shop. To do it right, It's mask, paint and clear coat the entire car. Maybe not a 10K job, but I agree, it's close enough and at 97k, just have it done at the factory and it will forever be part of the factory spec.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Postthe order sheet. Im curious what the dealer cost is.

Also, I routinely overcharge for jobs i really dont want to do, but dont want to turn people down outright.

Worst case,they say no, i dont do a job i didnt want to deal with,
Best case, they agree, i get paid $$$$$ for a $ job
This is exactly how the world operates!
I do think though paint colors/painted strip cars do and will get and have received better QC than standard colors....imho

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

Ellas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2016 Shelby GT, 1967 GT500, 1993 Cobra
If you order painted stripes, is there no option for painted side stripes?
Sponsored