Sponsored

Are you in? Or are you out?

Ok, the dust has settled. Who's in or out?

• Total voters

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
@Strokerswild is slumming with a previous gen 997 GT3 and an old beater 612 Scaglietti as his daily ...
Turned the old Aston into something of an animal coop out back too. The goats seem to dig it.
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I think you got caught in the collateral damage from that bulk quote :D
This. Just happened to be a" msrp only "post right after the better value posts.

Never said everyone that doesn't buy 1 cant afford it, but ill bet good $ the ones arguing GT+s/c as a better value as to why they arn't, are in that group

:)
Case in point:

Just ignore him, anybody not buying right now is a "poor"....
Another vote for 911 Turbo S.

My all-time fantasy car, practical exotic.
(If you can afford the 20 gt500, you can afford a 911 turbo S ;) )
If I had $12K to drop on my Mustang for FI, it would be Hellion twins all the way.
*IF

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Steeda FJG Mach 1 Handling Package - 6 Speed
I guess this is to imply that we were in the never buyers anyway club?
LOL if so because my position hasn't changed nor will it. Why would a guy who doesn't track his cars and is self admittedly a Cars & Coffee weekender drop 15-20 ADM.....Hell I never did on a GT350 because it would be plain foolish for a non track guy even though I spent as much on my 18 GT Vert than what you can pick up a non R for these days(62K)?

Hell my only complaint with the 2020 GT500 is that they don't make it in a convertible.

Nope I'll sit back and enjoy my 2009 700hp Shelby and 18 Vert until I get an MSRP deal on a base(non CFTP) car....but I damned sure won't use PRICE as an excuse not to buy one....

Not sure if I am in the never buyers club, but I agree with your post. I like the idea of a convertible GT500 and a manual option, hence why I am waiting a year to see if they make any changes to the vehicle. MSRP includes overhead, and R&D costs and that is completely understandable. ADM's though are not, and people who are willing to pay them overinflate the market. You will incur negative ROI on this vehicle with a market saturated with ADMs.

Cheers.

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Steeda FJG Mach 1 Handling Package - 6 Speed
When I was younger my father use to tell me a vehicle does not have any return on investment (ROI). He was not completely correct on that account. There are a few vehicles that are collectors items that maintain and/or increase in value. I guess what I am saying here is that I don't believe this is a vehicle that will maintain or increase in value, so if you are willing to pay ADMs, then you are throwing away good money out the door, since you will never recuperate it or mitigate the depreciation.

Sponsored

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
ectly
Not sure if I am in the never buyers club, but I agree with your post. I like the idea of a convertible GT500 and a manual option, hence why I am waiting a year to see if they make any changes to the vehicle. MSRP includes overhead, and R&D costs and that is completely understandable. ADM's though are not, and people who are willing to pay them overinflate the market. You will incur negative ROI on this vehicle with a market saturated with ADMs.

Cheers.
10-4 on that note. I will stop short of faulting guys who pay ADM's though as long as they are on the CFTP vehicles(and it's not something stupid like 40K). That guy may be a track junkie/purist and I can appreciate his reasoning and enthusiasm.....more power to him and quite frankly that car(CFTP) would be a waste in my hands...

I too want to wait and see if by some prayer they make a convertible version of the car. I believe every other year the GT500 has been in production they have....if not I will still buy a fastback. I do like the idea of the modern DCT trans though but understand others longing for an optional manual.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
This. Just happened to be a" msrp only "post right after the better value posts.

Never said everyone that doesn't buy 1 cant afford it, but ill bet good $ the ones arguing GT+s/c as a better value as to why they arn't, are in that group

:)
Case in point:

(If you can afford the 20 gt500, you can afford a 911 turbo S ;) )

*IF
Hmm, I find it interesting; albeit a little creepy, that you feel the need to look up my past posts. But since you went there, let's look at them, shall we?

Last time I priced a Turbo S, you could buy a couple of GT500s for that kind of money. At least on my planet. A new Turbo S will remain a fantasy car for this poor.

If you bothered to take the time to read the thread where I commented, "If I had $12K to drop on my Mustang for FI, it would be Hellion twins all the way", you would know that I was responding to the OP's request for a recommendation on which FI to go with for $12K. However, it can be done for under $10K if you do the work yourself, I have a spreadsheet and thought hard about it with my '15 in mind. Nah, re-landscaping my yard along with a new composite deck, which is all headed to be hideously expensive, seemed like a better option. Not to mention I wanted to see what this new GT500 brought to the table, having had a previous iteration that didn't live up to my expectations.

Cheers, dude. Enjoy your car when you get it, mine might be a base in silver, no options, when the hype dies down and deals can be had. This poor still has an empty fifth garage stall to fill, see, so whatever finally fills it better be good.

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
And you, sir, as well.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Dont go away mad, just go away
Hes not a troll. Hes been around here longer than you.

Why does everything have to turn into a heated argument around here?

Now, Mods, about that Mod power??

Sponsored

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
I feel that if someone pays ADM for a car it is their buisiness. It is not our place to imply what people should do with their money. It is not our money. I have heard the stories about people paying $150K for 2020 Shelby GT 500s in Southern Florida and Southing California. Probably for CFTP cars so they are paying $50K over. I personally can't afford to throw down $150K on a car for those who can I am not mad at you. I was fortunate enough to be able to order a base model 2020 Shelby GT500 with the options that I wanted. I also know that I could buy a Corvette Grand Sport for less or I could by a GT and use the extra money to heavily modify it. In the end it is my money and outside opinions on what I do with it are not welcome.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Hes not a troll. Hes been around here longer than you.

Why does everything have to turn into a heated argument around here?

Now, Mods, about that Mod power??
And? He has no plans nor funds to buy. Stay in the GT section.

Trolling is coming to an area and spewing bs for fun. I didn't go to Gt section and start calling them poors did I? Or did i Express my opinion, and validate it with facts based on his own posts :)

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
It does seem like this site has more bs like this...

What if I paid a 5k ADM but paid cash..

But RickyBobby over there got MSRP deal! but shh! he got a 7yr loan.

Do we next look down on those that are making payments on their over priced mustangs?

Where does the bs end?

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It does seem like this site has more bs like this...

What if I paid a 5k ADM but paid cash..

But RickyBobby over there got MSRP deal! but shh! he got a 7yr loan.

Do we next look down on those that are making payments on their over priced mustangs?

Where does the bs end?
It doesn't. It never will. People who are not getting one are always going to be upset with us who pay a little more to have it now.
Sponsored