OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I hinted this exact scenario would happen. This is utter BS.

Why should a small town dealer who has Mustang sales proportionate to its size when compared to mega dealers that sell more Mustangs be penalized? If Ford has to limit CF TP production I'd suggest the following:

- Ask each dealer participating in the program if they'd like a CF car for their lone allocation (initial anyway). Doesn't matter if all of them do.

- At an early date, after program entry has closed but well before production starts hold a lottery to determine who gets a CF Track Pack car.

Boom. Done. Big dealers will cry if they don't get one. Boo ****ing hoo. This is how you don't discriminate fairly across the board.

You'd know early on if you could get one and this uncertainty would cease. Whoever dreamed up this cutesy little Willie Wonka "Golden Ticket" crap should be mowing grass for a landscaper instead of making idiotic marketing decisions for Ford Motor Company. Same goes for the individual above him/her that thought this was a great idea. The silliness should have stopped with the HP puzzle charade but on it goes.
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I ordered a CFTP. I have small dealer. If my order doesnt go thru, I wont buy the car. Simple as that.
I'd like to have the car and I'm all but certain a 2 or 3 year run of 1650 cars/ year at 100K a pop, it wont be hard to find one eventually at MSRP. Until then, I'll keep the 100k in my pocket :)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I just updated my order to add the painted on stripes with the bonus hooker in vegas option.
GT500order3.jpg

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Whoever dreamed up this cutesy little Willie Wonka "Golden Ticket" crap should be mowing grass for a landscaper instead of making idiotic marketing decisions for Ford Motor Company.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
@ Tom, You only live once as they say. If your going to do it, then do it big ! Grats Tom.

Maybe you can head down to MIA so I can drool over your vehicle.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hehe.

Sure would be nice if Ford provided more detail as to content when you order. Two things have me curious. First, if this will indeed be the case with the CF TP cars...

ZZZ CF TP Caption.JPG

Source.

And second, will this be true for Handling Package cars?

zzz GT500 content snippet.JPG
Source.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
One more kink in the whole "trying to estimate when you will get your car" plan is: Even if you were the first person in the country to get your order into the order bank, that means absolutely nothing in regards to how fast you get the car. If it hasn't changed, the regional reps are the ones that select which dealers get their cars released(built), first. A local HUGE dealership here was getting 350Rs really early and mine was one of the last ones to be built for 16...I waited 11 months for the car.
It's my understanding they originally did this with intent to fend off ADMs.

Of course it didn't work, but it did piss off a lot of people because sales guys would tell the customers "your order is the first one in for the state, you'll get your car first." And the selection process doesn't work like that.

I felt really bad about this when I bought my RS. I was one of the first in CO to get mine and got it a few months before guys who ordered their cars 3-4 months earlier.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
No, the other huge dealer I guess. Its kind of funny you brought donuts. Yesterday, I brought over the Makers Mark and the Ron Zacapa.
Lol - these aren’t just donuts - they are German Bakery :)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
These donuts make CF track packs happen. I can sell them to anyone who wants them - $1000 a box.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I remember when I ordered the 350R in 2015 for a '16 MY. I had a DORA and was unscheduled clean / material hold for 11 months before I finally got a call saying that it wont be scheduled for the year and that the dealer didnt have an allocation for it. That was back when many dealers didnt realize they had to have a special allocation. History may repeat, but I'm good with it no matter what!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford put it in print and dealers, if anyone, should be on top of this. A quick phone call to their region rep and they should be in a better position to guess if they are going to be handed a lump of coal or showered with a golden ticket.

JPC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302
Get ready for MASSIVE Ford Dealer greedy
If you get an order for MSRP, find out if your dealer has a spot for you is it their 1st or 2nd spot...if not I bet their fulfil you MSRP order LAST
so they can fulfill other orders
My good friend had money put down on a 1st or 2nd batch of GT350, later the dealer came back and said there was a $10k ADM to be added...dealer lost that deal AND that customer who went out and bought a 2015 Z51

Ellas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2016 Shelby GT, 1967 GT500, 1993 Cobra
I was late to the party but kept working phones and finally just got one. I must have called over 150 dealers over the last few days!
Most of the them are ordering for stock or the allocation was already gone. The ones that were willing to give it up had insane ADM's for a non Track Pack.
5K over was the best I could do which really kills me since I bought my R at MSRP in 16 and the dealer didn't have the "golden ticket" for the Track Pack.

My ego took a shot but I guess it is what it is. Now the wait begins! I did have one dealer in the Northeast which the ADM was a little higher than what I paid but not
by much. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Now, my concern is production capability based upon what I know now. I just spoke to a friend over at Ford, and I believe he told me that right now, they are running one shift at Flat Rock. That will have to change, and im sure it will as production gets closer. As many of you know, the winter is a problem. Any car with soft R compound tires will not be manufactured during the Michigan winter. Why? The tires crack. Ask me how I know (that's a whole other .
Can u go into this a bit further, or new thread/sticky etc.

Ive heard that stated before but dont recall specifics.

Any known data to help visualize would be appreciated.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Can u go into this a bit further, or new thread/sticky etc.

Ive heard that stated before but dont recall specifics.

Any known data to help visualize would be appreciated.
No, I cant comment on a lot of that any further. The moral of the story is learn patience. It could be a very long time.
Sponsored