2020 GT500 confirmed orders

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Ford turned it down, not enough Shelby’s sold in the region?
You mean they didn't have the allocation.....
Sponsored

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I'd love to see the correspondence where Ford did that.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Don't hold your breath.....

Sponsored

South40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lincoln, 2013 Ford Raptor
You loaded her up! that's my color combo... currently, I'll probably change it 5 times before its built
I’m the same way. It was hard to decide between the ford performance blue and twister orange.

SCCA Racer #75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 on order, 2019 GT3RS, 2002 C5 Z06
My order code is D260? When can I expect a DORA? Here's my build info: attached
GT500_Order_a.png

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Nice build!

DORA should come the next day.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
You mean they didn't have the allocation.....
Correct, a dealer needs a “Golden Ticket “ for either the Carbon Fiber package or painted over the top strips. From my understanding only 1 or 2 in the Detroit sales region would even have that allocation ?

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
If Ford is already turning down the Carbon Fiber package, there is no way they will sell all the promised allocations of that package. Maybe Ford is not yet geared up to produce the Carbon Fiber package. The CF may not go into production until 2020.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
If Ford is already turning down the Carbon Fiber package, there is no way they will sell all the promised allocations of that package. Maybe Ford is not yet geared up to produce the Carbon Fiber package. The CF may not go into production until 2020.
The Ford Performance guy very much so hinted toward that. With the Golden Ticket theory the % might be closer to 10% of total sales would only be carbon fiber package.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
The Ford Performance guy very much so hinted toward that. With the Golden Ticket theory the % might be closer to 10% of total sales would only be carbon fiber package.
So they “Fixed” the R allocation problem by calling it a “golden ticket”. :facepalm:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
My dealer apparently has never known how to look up the Dora. Same thing 3 years ago and I still got my car. If I could instruct him how to find it, he might but I’m not too worried about it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Correct, a dealer needs a “Golden Ticket “ for either the Carbon Fiber package or painted over the top strips. From my understanding only 1 or 2 in the Detroit sales region would even have that allocation ?
This golden ticket crap has gone to far. I've said it all along, they will not make the CFTP in "all you can eat" numbers. It is an allocated trim option (just like the R). Your dealer would have had to be allocated the CFTP for it to be placed in the computer and receive a successful order confirmation.

In the early years of the GT350, dealers were able to order R's with no allocation. The dealer would take the deposit, knowing damn well they didn't have the allocation and hope for the best. The result was a lot of pissed off people. Time would go on, and people would never get thier order pulled for build because the dealer never had the allocation to begin with. Ford fixed the problem by not allowing dealers to order an allocated trim package that they have not been awarded into the computer. I believe this is where people here are reporting "ford denied my CFTP". No, Ford didnt deny anything. The dealership never had the allocation to begin with. This is where people are now hitting the brick wall so to speak. Dealerships have been taking deposits for the CFTP and now when push comes to shove, they cant place the order into the computer (As it should be). The train wreck is stopped right there and nobody is waiting on a car that will never be built.

So many have run off to the the Midwest to get good deals on the new GT500. Thats great and I'm happy for you if you got a good deal. However the CFTP is allocated based upon sales. The so called "golden ticket" dealers are nothing but high sales dealerships that have moved a lot of cars in the past and they are rewarded by these limited allocations. The 1200 or so target CFTP cars are just that, a target. I've never seen Ford miss a target, in fact they usually produce more in the model year. Those leftover slots, or allocations are usually assigned later in the year to various dealerships through the Ford regional reps.

Now, my concern is production capability based upon what I know now. I just spoke to a friend over at Ford, and I believe he told me that right now, they are running one shift at Flat Rock. That will have to change, and im sure it will as production gets closer. As many of you know, the winter is a problem. Any car with soft R compound tires will not be manufactured during the Michigan winter. Why? The tires crack. Ask me how I know (that's a whole other story).

Anyway all you people.sceeaming that the sky is falling need to relax and take a deep breath. If you have am order confirmation for a CFTP, you are set. When will you get it? Ha! Now that's another question based upon many different variables. I waited almost a year and a half for one of my 2017 GT350Rs.
Sponsored