2018+.....is the OEM reverse light led?

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
The only interior light that was a problem for me was the glovebox and the trunk, the mirror and map lights were easy
I also put the DD side marker led lights in and they were the hardest of any of them
I found the map lights to be the most difficult. The glovebox is best done if you remove the arms so you have more access. Super easy. My trunk was already LED so no need to change that.

The side markers were also an issue until I figured out the trick. You can remove the wiring harness from the car (one clip) and then do it outside the car and plug it back in.
Sponsored

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Back in late 2017/early 2018, the instructions for most of these things were pretty terrible. The glovebox bulb was a nightmare! I've noticed folks have learned the "tricks" and even the manufacturers/vendors have started updating their instructions. Everything is a piece-of-cake now.

My rule-of-thumb now is to wait at least 6 months before I believe anything Steph from American Muscle or Bill from CJ Pony says about ANY installation. :wink:

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Back in late 2017/early 2018, the instructions for most of these things were pretty terrible. The glovebox bulb was a nightmare! I've noticed folks have learned the "tricks" and even the manufacturers/vendors have started updating their instructions. Everything is a piece-of-cake now.

My rule-of-thumb now is to wait at least 6 months before I believe anything Steph from American Muscle or Bill from CJ Pony says about ANY installation. :wink:
You might have to wait longer. Bill did a recent video and they showed the exact same method between 2017 and 2018 which was untrue. Bill is awesome but they missed on that. I left a comment in the hopes they would fix it or someone would see it and prevent them breaking their housing.

LFSoccer2k6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium Jet Gray HP
I have a 19 GT Premium and 3 places had LEDs.
1) Center console arm rest
2) License Plate lights
3) Trunk

Here is a link to my install video of the Diode Dynamics LEDs. They are all easy except the map lights, so I really tried to show how I pull those down.

Thanks.

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 19 GT Premium and 3 places had LEDs.
1) Center console arm rest
2) License Plate lights
3) Trunk

Here is a link to my install video of the Diode Dynamics LEDs. They are all easy except the map lights, so I really tried to show how I pull those down.

Thanks.
Did you break the tabs when you pulled down the map lights? I want to switch to LED's but scared of the Map Lights as I have the safe and smart and alarm and the replacement is over $400.

Sponsored

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Did you break the tabs when you pulled down the map lights? I want to switch to LED's but scared of the Map Lights as I have the safe and smart and alarm and the replacement is over $400.
If you want you can just pull the plastic lens off that’s how I did it on my current car and my 14. That way the whole housing won’t have to come out. If you look closely the lens has three little tabs, I reached in with a thin knife then just pried it and basically once one leg is out it just pops out then just plug bulb in and replace

LFSoccer2k6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium Jet Gray HP
I did not break them. I show in the video what to do so you don't break them and what part would break. I also have the safe and smart, but that shouldn't play in to the replacement of the housing. I took my time, probably 15 min just to pry it down, working side by side, until I could see the tabs and how they worked.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Weird. Do you have a premium model? Mine has led interior lights. Maybe not the reverse as I can't tell when I'm backing up

Does it...? The footwell lights, accent lighting, gauges, etc are LED but the actual interior lights are not (the two map lights and visor mirror lights).

I have a GT Premium and my map lights were most certainly not LED. I spent 45 minutes trying to get that damn housing off without breaking the clips to replaced them with LED bulbs.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
2019 GT CS Premium here and it did not have LED Map or reverse lights....so I doubt the 2018 did either.
Sponsored