Sponsored

Review: Shaftmasters Direct Bolt-in Aluminum Driveshaft P/N FMS1517GTM35D

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
You should be good to go. Those little aluminum inserts fit right into the holes on the transmission flange.
Sponsored

jpadilla05.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt
You should be good to go. Those little aluminum inserts fit right into the holes on the transmission flange.
Yea David from shaftmasters cleared it up for me via email, great guy answering questions. Got his email at 5am this morning Pacific time lol

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Got mine installed FINALLY after being sent the wrong bolts, then having to tap the threads on the transmission flange and then had to wait on new longer bolts so I could thread the bolts thru the flange and put a lock nut on the backside. I wanted some extra security on the bolts after having to tap the threads.

After ALL that, I am quite pleased with the outcome. Energy transfer from the tranny just feels so much more solid and instant. I have very minimal vibration, if any, that I have noticed and it's hard to say if that's from the tranny or the driveshaft, as I had some vibration after installing a different tranny bushing and shifter bushing.

Shaftmasters was a pleasure to deal with after all the headaches I had with everything.

Thanks Dave!
20190527_155536.jpg
20190517_171901[1].jpg
20190527_155338.jpg

Sponsored

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I just finished up the install today and went for a drive and every thing is great.
The ShaftMasters Driveshaft is a work of art and any member considering a after market driveshaft this is the one hands down.
So does it feel faster? :wink:

Ak2705

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anel
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I just recently installed the shaftmaster on my 2017 mustang gt Whipple and the car feels amazing it’s more responsive and everything but driving the car at higher speeds from 70 it starts vibrating and at 80 it’s so bad that my back windshield shakes it makes it blurry and feels unsafe to drive. Can anyone help me out? Thank you

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I just recently installed the shaftmaster on my 2017 mustang gt Whipple and the car feels amazing it’s more responsive and everything but driving the car at higher speeds from 70 it starts vibrating and at 80 it’s so bad that my back windshield shakes it makes it blurry and feels unsafe to drive. Can anyone help me out? Thank you
I have one in my 2017 auto and mine is smooth at 130mph.I would give them a call?

Sponsored

Ak2705

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anel
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have one in my 2017 auto and mine is smooth at 130mph.I would give them a call?
I emailed them yesterday I followed the instructions. I also lined up all the lines at the diff I dunno if that makes a difference. I also had trouble torquing 2 of the bolts at the differential with the supplied 10mm socket and I used a swivel and couldn’t get it on because it’s too tight of a space so I used a wrench because that’s the only thing I could get in between. Just trying to see if anyone could help instead of waiting until Monday for them to reply back.

jpadilla05.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt
I emailed them yesterday I followed the instructions. I also lined up all the lines at the diff I dunno if that makes a difference. I also had trouble torquing 2 of the bolts at the differential with the supplied 10mm socket and I used a swivel and couldn’t get it on because it’s too tight of a space so I used a wrench because that’s the only thing I could get in between. Just trying to see if anyone could help instead of waiting until Monday for them to reply back.
You could rotate the ds see if that helps, also I just hand tighten mine as I had no room. Smooth up to 120mph

Ak2705

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anel
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
You could rotate the ds see if that helps, also I just hand tighten mine as I had no room. Smooth up to 120mph
I’ll try and rotate it and I’ll wait for a response from shaftmaster. Thanks

Ak2705

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anel
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So today I took it completely out again and made sure all the surfaces where very clean and I rotated it over one hole because that what I was told by shaftmaster. The car feels a lot better. Sitting in the passenger seat I cannot feel any vibrations and my brother says it feels fine. Should I keep going another hole to see if it gets even better. Maybe I’m just paranoid I do have a lot of bushings and braces on my car. I’m a handling freak so my car has pretty much all the suspension mods you can think of. The MGW shifter also added some nvh. I do hear it spinning are. Is that something that I’m suppose to be experiencing? Thank you

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
So today I took it completely out again and made sure all the surfaces where very clean and I rotated it over one hole because that what I was told by shaftmaster. The car feels a lot better. Sitting in the passenger seat I cannot feel any vibrations and my brother says it feels fine. Should I keep going another hole to see if it gets even better. Maybe I’m just paranoid I do have a lot of bushings and braces on my car. I’m a handling freak so my car has pretty much all the suspension mods you can think of. The MGW shifter also added some nvh. I do hear it spinning are. Is that something that I’m suppose to be experiencing? Thank you
If it's not vibrating I would leave it alone. Make sure you mark the flanges on the driveshaft, transmission and differential with a paint pen so in the future you know which way to reinstall it. If you ever have to remove it.
Sponsored