Sponsored

Painted on stripes 10k

bwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor 2017 GT 350R 2017 GT 350(sold) 2014 GT(Sold)
Ok I’m curious if anyone is going to order these on their 500? You can get stripes painted on for 2k all day at the best body shops. Will the factory version increase the collectability of the car or will it literally not matter.

I want them. And it looks like you can get a black car with the blue stripes. But I’m trying to find the reason you would pay 10k for them.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I have a feeling they'll most likely be on dealer ordered cars for stock, but very few people will order them otherwise.

Last edited:

South40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lincoln, 2013 Ford Raptor
Ok I’m curious if anyone is going to order these on their 500? You can get stripes painted on for 2k all day at the best body shops. Will the factory version increase the collectability of the car or will it literally not matter.

I want them. And it looks like you can get a black car with the blue stripes. But I’m trying to find the reason you would pay 10k for them.

Thoughts?
I ordered mine with painted stripes, performance blue with oxford white stripes. I didn't want to deal with finding someone to paint them on and trusting they would be done right. I think it will help with collectability. My only problem is you can't order the side stripes with the painted stripes.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I ordered mine with painted stripes, performance blue with oxford white stripes. I didn't want to deal with finding someone to paint them on and trusting they would be done right. I think it will help with collectability. My only problem is you can't order the side stripes with the painted stripes.
For $10k they should do both for you!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Thoughts?
I want them to, but not at the tune of 10K. THAT IS A LOT OF MONEY

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I will agree that 10k is a bit much. But when you look at how they have to be done, and IF you trust your or a local body shop to do them....well it can come down to that.

:Send 80k car for stripe job and it comes out like (WTF) to you. Now your in a legal battle with said shop and paying another shop to correct the mistake.

10k from factory starts to sound not as bad if this was the case. Still, 10k for stripes is a lot of quid for sure.

Powerwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
First post....

If I order one I'm telling my dealer painted stripes with a 7k under MSRP deal.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
For 10k, they should have offered a PTS option.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I still say Ford should of skipped the painted stripes option.

Because of them, the 2020 GT500 is the most expensive muscle/pony car ever.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I will agree that 10k is a bit much. But when you look at how they have to be done, and IF you trust your or a local body shop to do them....well it can come down to that.

:Send 80k car for stripe job and it comes out like (WTF) to you. Now your in a legal battle with said shop and paying another shop to correct the mistake.

10k from factory starts to sound not as bad if this was the case. Still, 10k for stripes is a lot of quid for sure.
Assuming they are done right at the factory then I agree with you to a point. The problem is if this car will use the same paint process as the GT350, the normal paint will have issues. Asking them now to do stripes properly is a tall order (or maybe $10K covers an 'upgraded' as it should be in the first place paint job too :) )

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Assuming they are done right at the factory then I agree with you to a point. The problem is if this car will use the same paint process as the GT350, the normal paint will have issues. Asking them now to do stripes properly is a tall order (or maybe $10K covers an 'upgraded' as it should be in the first place paint job too :) )
I agree with this post 1000%. I’ve seen nothing on my S550’s to suggest they will be done right.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
First post....

If I order one I'm telling my dealer painted stripes with a 7k under MSRP deal.
I called 41 Ford Dealers before finding a dealer that had not already presold his allocation. Every dealer was well OVER MSRP. So good luck with that $7,000 under MSRP. If you find that deal you are one heck of a salesman!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
really? wow.. I figured that would be part of the 10K.
Sponsored