Sponsored

Upgrading drive shaft, suggestions please!

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the e-force 2300 kit the other week and I think I'm on borrowed time with the stock driveshaft. Everything else is already beefed up but I didn't do the drive shaft because of noise\vibration. Please post your suggestions or regrets with your choice of an aftermarket drive shaft.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I recomend a drive shaft safety loop. And stick with the stocker. I've never seen a stocker let go yet. While racing at atco.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I just installed the e-force 2300 kit the other week and I think I'm on borrowed time with the stock driveshaft. Everything else is already beefed up but I didn't do the drive shaft because of noise\vibration. Please post your suggestions or regrets with your choice of an aftermarket drive shaft.
If concerned about NVH I have had a good experience with the QA1 carbon fiber one so far. Super responsive and quiet.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I went with the Shaftmaster 3.5" aluminum one after I did the same edelbrock kit. I had a lot of slop in the stock rubber bushings and it drove me nuts, this shaft works great, it actually got rid of the vibrations at 70mph the stock one had. Great price too at $699.

That being said, its hit or miss if you get vibrations with an aftermarket one and if you're not willing to take the risk stick to the stock one.

Sponsored

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
I have only seen 3 stock driveshafts let go myself. 2 of which were my own lol. First time was off the transbrake at 3500 rpms. Got another stock one from a friend after he upgraded. Did 20+ passes with 1.3x 60's. Finally let go but it was the U-joints that let go. I'm also pushing 900+..

The best one you can buy online is going to be QA1.
Other than that I would find a local custom driveshaft shop. That is what mine is now. Custom 4" driveshaft. Not the weak 3.5 with tons of NVH from the online companies.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
QA1 hands down.

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've been really happy with my DSS CF shaft and BMR loop. I read a few horror stories of vibrations with the product, but lucked out and haven't had any issues with speeds up to and above 100mph. I've heard really good things about the QA1, but they're more expensive. I also DEFINITELY felt an increase in livelihood after I put on the DSS, especially at lower RPMs.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m waiting for my QA1 to arrive.
I chose QA1 because they have ACTUAL data to support their claims, an almost non-existent failure rate and in-house carbon fibre manufacture, meaning complete quality control.
Not using 2 x uni’s was also part of the equation.
The stock driveshaft lasted quite a few boosted miles but a couple of 6k dead-hooks have thrashed the guts out of the centre support.
I’ve also seen at least one guy bend the bolts at the guibo, again, high rpm clutch dumps and dead-hook.
I don’t think you could hurt the stocker on the road.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
driveshafts are tricky on irs cars. i get a call on an irs driveshaft probably 4-5 times a day about nvh and vibration. you can't adjust pintion angle, the diffs are setup like crap from the factory, anything you do to the rear end increases it, weight to the front like a supercharger changes it. almost every car will get some vibration from a driveshaft.

i've tried 3 companies on the same day, and gotten vibration from them all, some cars don't get any, usually the cars closest to stock. it's not just the mustangs, we hear this from camaro and hemi customers too, i'm at the point of recording a 5 minute explination. with an s197 car it's easy, upper arm and mount, no matter what you do to the car, you can get the pintion angle perfect.

anyone that calls anymore, i tell them upfront to expect nvh

we personally run the dss on our cars, and with 8 second ETS (before most of the other guys), we really like em!!

Last edited:

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
We're running the DSS carbon fiber shaft on our 2018 10R80 car and it's working out great for us. At one point we thought we had some vibration coming from it as there was some noise/vibration and a nasty howl with our 3.55's. As soon as we swapped diff's to the 3.15's everything was cured. We've been [email protected] and have been beating on the car ever since we got it and the DSS shaft has handled everything we've thrown at it.

Give us a call if there's anything we can help you with. Our July 4th sale goes live on Thursday the 4th through the 8th.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
I recommend a driveshaft with a CV on the differential end. DSS or QA1
Really? I actually prefer a u-joint on both ends, those CV joints seem to always be where DSS shafts break...

My recommendation would be G-Force, it has a u-joint on both ends of the shaft

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I have extreme vibration especially around 80mph with my DSS 4" aluminum driveshaft... its almost undriveable, ive clocked it 3 times with no change.. UHG

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the responses, I'm sticking with the stock one until it leaves me no choice!
Sponsored