Sponsored

3.7 AC/Serpentine Belts replacement

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
Have 2016 3.7 with 65K miles and noticed AC/serpentine belt slipping under hard shifts. Ended up replacing both AC and serpentine belts that are only 2 1/2 years old all good now. Used napa replacement belts.Used this video

Same weekend installed https://www.cjponyparts.com/shelby-...-light-kit-v6-ecoboost-gt-2015-2017/p/FGLA68/ Really like these fills in the gap between OEM fog lights and headlights.

Having just as much fun driving the 3.7 as the day i bought it.
Sponsored

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I was looking for instructions on how to deal with this belt for a long time. I had to take my compressor off 3 times and the first two I just manhandled the thing off / on it was a complete pain in the ass. The third time I noticed a block with a hole in it on the top front of the compressor casting. I'm not sure what it's meant for, but I used a 1/4 socket extension to get the leverage needed to stretch the belt. I was able to get the belt off and back on way easier this way. Loosen all three bolts, pull them out as far as you can and pivot the compressor on the front 2 mounting points to remove / stretch the belt. IDK if this is how you're supposed to do it, but it worked.
20190620_122127.jpg