2020 Shelby GT500 PRICING (MSRP/Invoice) Including Packages & Options

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Don’t tell me how good it is.

I can’t afford a carbon fiber track pack!

Seriously though, I think this car will blow away lots of high end cars.
You are right. It sucks. Don't do it. Ok, you happy?
Sponsored

mvisible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was evaluating the price guide, with the idea of upgrading from my gt350. After thinking about it, its a tough pill guys, not sure.

Made a video sharing my thoughts why. Full disclosure some of the items you guys already know. Appreciate the feedback in a PM

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
A Porsche 911 does not have 760 HP.
Yea, but the Porsche is better made, performs at a similarly high level and isn't as lowbrow (that said, I do like the GT500).

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Well lets star a list I have a friend I work with his wife's Equinox had to have the engine replaced at 60k miles I also have a family member who's Equinox had to have the engine rebuilt at 55k miles because it drank oil. I also have a friend that works at a chevy dealer that had a bunch o Malibu's and Cruzes had to replace rings in the engines not to mention various car that had the outside door handle fall off. That along with the fact GM has done everything but put it in writing that you are going to pay more for there vehicles because they want to make a bigger profit we're screwing you thanks for bailing us out.
I have a coworker with 320,000 miles on his GM vehicle. And I passed a vehicle on the way in to work last week. On the back it said, "thanks GM for 500,000 trouble free miles."

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I have a coworker with 320,000 miles on his GM vehicle. And I passed a vehicle on the way in to work last week. On the back it said, "thanks GM for 500,000 trouble free miles."
Some people are just lucky would you get the winning Mega Millions lottery numbers from them for me. :giggle:

Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, but the Porsche is better made, performs at a similarly high level and isn't as lowbrow (that said, I do like the GT500).
Lowbrow. Nice. So, what you choose to drive is an indicator of what, exactly?

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
I personally would wait it out if that were the case, I don't see how the ADMs will stick with this car..for what 2 or 3 years, at that price point. that's just my opinion, who knows what the reality will be.
No idea why someone looking at a $25k ADM wouldn’t look out of state or just wait a year.
Regardless, I definitely agree with you that at this price point (even if I believe it’s fair for the numbers vs the competition), ADM won’t last as long.
This is new territory for Mustang and that price point, you’ll have guys cross shopping some stiff competition not only in numbers but luxury and build quality.

And last, some of these guys saying ‘ lowbrow’ and ‘the poors’ need to check that stuff at the door. We’re all car enthusiasts here and you never know what somebody can afford or why, so why bring that into it.
I’m excited to see this car punching above its weight class (even if she’s a big girl :) )
-J

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I am surprised by some who say the GT500 is just a Mustang. I have yet to find any flaws or any type of build quality issues on my 21014 GT500. The engine is a thing of great beauty. I paid 68000 dollars in 2013 for my GT500 and would most likely pay about 80000 dollars in todays money for it as optioned the way it was in 2013. When I talked to the finance guy at the dealership in 2013, he and I both agreed the GT500 was a premium car and as such it was expected to be of high quality. I plan on keeping my 2014 even though I may by a new GT500 in the future.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Wow the price is not bad, ofcourse without adm. At that price range a brand new ZL1 1LE, base model ZO6, Grandsport, a slightly used new gen Viper and a brand new Challenger Redeye. With enough Benjamins all of the above in a plane hangar lol

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I both agreed the GT500 was a premium car and as such it was expected to be of high quality.
Should be and IS are 2 different things. I've seen a couple of 2013/4 GT500 up close and they looked very good. But I don't have a lot of experience with that gen car to easily spot defects shared with the cheaper models. Ford hasn't said that the GT350/500 gets 2 extra coats of paint and a meticulous re-finishing between coats, or that the gap gauge used is 50% tighter tolerance than the run of the mill cars, etc.

Sponsored

Fpetro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Shelby gt350 Saleen S 281
Wow the price is not bad, ofcourse without adm. At that price range a brand new ZL1 1LE, base model ZO6, Grandsport, a slightly used new gen Viper and a brand new Challenger Redeye. With enough Benjamins all of the above in a plane hangar lol
You can get 2 2019 grand sports for the price of a loaded gt500

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I spent the weekend around super exotic cars, very high HP, and very expensive. ALL of the owners were excited to see me get the GT500, it was the 1st thing they all asked. ALL of them cant wait to drive it. True enthusiasts appreciate true performance.

I was under attack by a few select friends in why i should get a 991.1 instead.. But I feel the Mustang is more Me than the 991- although 991 is a much better machine

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You can get 2 2019 grand sports for the price of a loaded gt500
And neither will be as good.

People don't get it. You are paying for performance. If you are looking to have two of something else, go ahead. If you are like me and want a track machine that will deliver the most performance for the dollar, I'm going with the GT500 CFTP. At under $100K, where else are you going to get that kind of car?

If you cant afford it, don't buy it. This car at this price is a performance bargain. People here on this forum have scored MSRP deals. Please don't use the 50K ADM argument if you reply. Move along now......

CycloneRy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
I believe its priced as such because it was never intended to be a street car. This keeps it out of the hands of people that don't have the skills necessary to drive a 700+ HP car daily and puts it firmly in the club racer category.

Think Hayabusa + learners permit..

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I believe its priced as such because it was never intended to be a street car. This keeps it out of the hands of people that don't have the skills necessary to drive a 700+ HP car daily and puts it firmly in the club racer category.

Think Hayabusa + learners permit..
No, I think it was priced that way because it costs that much. My GT350R's were about 70K sticker. The Tremec DCT is a 22K item. Figure other enhancements and other cost increases, it is a $100K car.

Ford is not trying to price anybody out of anything. The only thing that I cry foul over is the $10K paint on stripes. I reached out to a friend over at Flat Rock and asked the same question. Its a pain in the ass. Pull a car off the line, mask and paint and deal with all the hassles...… Many have pointed it out. It is there if you want it, but Ford seems to discourage it by such a large price.

Overall, I am pleased by the pricepoint, as long as the car delivers. For that, we will have to wait on more information.
Sponsored