Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 PRICING (MSRP/Invoice) Including Packages & Options

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I hope you're wrong. So far I've had good luck with my 2004 GM product. It seems pretty good. I have to fix the steering column lock pretty soon though.
Well lets star a list I have a friend I work with his wife's Equinox had to have the engine replaced at 60k miles I also have a family member who's Equinox had to have the engine rebuilt at 55k miles because it drank oil. I also have a friend that works at a chevy dealer that had a bunch o Malibu's and Cruzes had to replace rings in the engines not to mention various car that had the outside door handle fall off. That along with the fact GM has done everything but put it in writing that you are going to pay more for there vehicles because they want to make a bigger profit we're screwing you thanks for bailing us out.
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t know why your mentioning the carbon rims, but try 20 grand. They’re 4-6k per wheel depending on whether it’s front and rear
based on looking at LMS' site? Almost everything on the planet gets cheaper over time and repetition/optimization. If something is more expensive it's because of rampant money printing devaluing the currency or the inputs are simply not available in sufficient quantity. Carbon fiber, resin and the machines that make CF parts get better, cheaper, and faster every year.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Whats funny is that people moan about it being just a Mustang, but are flocking to a Camaro simply because it can be had for the cheap.
I like the looks of the Mustang over the Camaro and the 5.0/5.2 is 'funner' than the 6.2 to flog even though it doesn't have quite the same umph. There's a whole thread on ADM ballparked at anywhere from 10K to 3x that whereas "the same" car with a bow-tie is being sold for 15% off (and NA Corvettes are at 20%). That's like a 30% swing. So yes, people who aren't wed to a Mustang to the exclusion of everything else, who want a stick, a damn good chassis, better suspension, and "equal parts" fun will be inclined to investigate the competition. Money is what people fight about in marriage. It's the primary motivator in car buying too I expect.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I want a reliable car anything made by GM isn't reliable.
that's a little much on the fan-boy'ism, no? Both are staffed by engineers of good to crap performance. Both rely on "proud union" workforce that shouldn't be so proud of itself, both have QA departments that vary from paying attention to high on drugs to just plain blind. I'd say they are equally "reliable" or "unreliable" depending which way one's personal experience has been colored by specific models and time-periods. American autos are a darn sight better than they used to be, in broad strokes. Doesn't mean there isn't a lot of room to improve. The Bavarians haven't been doing themselves any favors in the reputation category either. I'm just waiting for the legendary Japanese to fall from grace as they increasingly adopt the myopic western view on accounting and design to warranty failure while steadily eroding their manufacturing base by offshoring it to the rest of SE asia.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes if I was in the market for a new car value wise right now the chevys are a great deal. But they have no resale value.
and Mustangs do? There must be a billion of them. I can't drive 10 minutes and not see a handful. Ok, ok, the special editions, are much, much fewer...

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The pricing is not based on the cost to produce. The pricing is based on what Ford believes they can get their customers to pay.
indeed. That's why I take all the options and multiply by 0.55. Thats what I'm willing to pay. If some of the carbon fiber is not a complete replacement part made of the material, then I'm disgusted - not that Ford gives a good damn.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh? I own 2 mustangs and the camaro and switch off driving them every couple days. i happen to like both cars.

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
I like the looks of the Mustang over the Camaro and the 5.0/5.2 is 'funner' than the 6.2 to flog even though it doesn't have quite the same umph. There's a whole thread on ADM ballparked at anywhere from 10K to 3x that whereas "the same" car with a bow-tie is being sold for 15% off (and NA Corvettes are at 20%). That's like a 30% swing. So yes, people who aren't wed to a Mustang to the exclusion of everything else, who want a stick, a damn good chassis, better suspension, and "equal parts" fun will be inclined to investigate the competition. Money is what people fight about in marriage. It's the primary motivator in car buying too I expect.
Or they are cross shopping and were never committed to buying one or the other.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Not intending to rub anyone the wrong way however, this reminds me of the old saying " if you have to ask the price , you can't afford it".
Hardly the case. How about with the fact that they just plain won't tell anyone the weight yet they are taking deposits. If it's anything like many of the cars they have released lately it will take forever to release. The hype will be totally overblown. The first people will pay big ADM's as they are slowly released. Then the magazines will drive one. Point out it's flaws. It might end up having a problem or two. ADM's will dissapear. Then the car magazines will all point out that at the 6 figure level it's really hard to extract much more out of a front engine car.
It's more like what would you rather buy.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
We are still a long way away from deliveries. Dealerships can not keep deposits. The weight will be known before it gets to that point.

VIP cars will be out there first. I'm sure the press will have done reviews by then as well.

I'm going to look at the positives here and not the negatives. If Ford delivers at this price point, it would be a performance bargain.

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Thats not a bad price for the base model, The carbon fiber track pack makes it a steep price for a Mustang but $75k-$80k for a 760 HP car with a DCT is pretty decent. Either way the car is priced wayyyy out of my comfort zone, So i guess ill be on the look out for a GT350 shortly since the used market for them should saturate a bit

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Wow...converted to $CDN ....that’s not what I was expecting.
May do exactly that. Turbo or S/C my GT350.
Love the car, just lacks low end torque.
Yes, a fully loaded CFTP GT500 will come in with an MSRP in Canada for ~$140,000.

Add the nice NDP luxury tax and GST which will be 25% and you will an OTD price of ~$175,000 for a vehicle sold in B.C.

Only in Canada you say!

:giggle:
Sponsored