Sponsored

GT500 vs It's competitors: Is it really overprice ?

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Lets stop with this "its a Mustang" bullshit. It's only over priced if you want one and can't afford it or you don't like the car. 2019 Mustang Bullitt number 1 sold at Barrett Jackson for $300.000.00. The person who bought the Bullitt thought it was well worth the price. It's not what you think it's what the person who's buying it thinks.
Not quite.

For example, painted stripes are $10,000.
I want them but can’t afford them.
And they are overpriced.
Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Nothing flew over my head, every car was cheaper 10yrs ago including the GTR which now starts at $100k for basically the same tech as 10yrs ago... all that tech got cheaper so why is the GTR $30k more?

You’re paying for the performance delivered priced vs the competition and the GT500 will provide every dollars worth, but don’t expect Ford to give it away.
Well see about that.

Why is the GT350 going up in price?

In 3 years the 500 might be 5k more yet.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Not quite

And they are overpriced.

They offer vinyl for a grand. Or wait 6 months and get reproduction stripes for 200 bucks. I want a Ferrari. Can't afford one. But that don't make it over priced. The super rich that are buying these car to bubble rap. And never drive. Won't blink an eye at 10 grand stripes. Everything is only as valuable as what people are willing to pay. So Ford will offer painted stripes to the ultra rich. And the rest of us. Will either live without stripes. Or a GT500 for that matter.

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
I think it is overpriced compared to your cars listed because most of those you can get a discount and special financing because they have been out longer. I was able to buy my 2015 mustang gt new at 6000 off with zero %. my new 2017 z06 I purchased for 20000 off msrp. I cant imagine paying a adm and interest on the loan you will pay 3 times what a gt premium costs.

Sponsored

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I feel like the base price is right if you can get one at that but the options like tech pack and handling should have come standard, then have the extra carbon track pack separate. The extra options kind of push it out there a little too much especially 18,500 for track pack option and painted stripes for 10k.

Also waiting to see once it finally comes out how it does on track before making final judgements because that is what im mainly looking for in next car. ZL1 1LE is high on the list because they can be had brand new for upper 60s ready to go track pack and all. Still has manual trans option, lighter weight, 19" wheels, really nice interior also imo so thats the main competitor in my eyes.

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
Biased on those PCs, the stang interior blows away the fisher price Vette interior, ,and that red looks like a Hugh Hefner Tonka toy. Yuck.
Guess it alls boils down to opinion as I think the vette looks more refined and the stang more muscle like, which I believe is the intent. Vette interior and tech is very good especially compared to its C6 version. I like the stang interior as I said looks more muscle to me which is why Im going with my 1st stang now. But vette has some tech I wish the stang had which should be offered for a sports/pony car, like PDR and HUD. The vette color in the pic isn't my fav either but I think shows how well the interior is.

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
Biased on those PCs, the stang interior blows away the fisher price Vette interior, ,and that red looks like a Hugh Hefner Tonka toy. Yuck.
This pic shows what u can get with the different trims which I would like to see in the stang too. Again not my fav color.
vette2.jpg

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
At mid $70s, the 500 makes more sense. At closer to $100K, I would want to wait and see what the C8 Z06 trim is all about. I would think pricing would be in the ball park of the 500 in base Z trim in arguably a better chassis....lower weight, lower center of gravity, mid engine, DCT.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Not quite.

And they are overpriced.
A clear indication that Ford really doesn’t want to do that but will if they have to. When I was a tooling engineer we used to call that a “functional no-bid”. Suppliers didn’t want to NOT bid on a job, concerned that they wouldn’t be asked to bid on other jobs, so they would submit a bid that they knew wouldn’t win the job. Ford is basically saying “yes we offer painted stripes....but we really don’t wanna do it, so it’ll cost you.” Pricing it above most custom paint jobs will keep the requests down to a number they can handle.

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
They offer vinyl for a grand. Or wait 6 months and get reproduction stripes for 200 bucks. I want a Ferrari. Can't afford one. But that don't make it over priced. The super rich that are buying these car to bubble rap. And never drive. Won't blink an eye at 10 grand stripes. Everything is only as valuable as what people are willing to pay. So Ford will offer painted stripes to the ultra rich. And the rest of us. Will either live without stripes. Or a GT500 for that matter.
That's it! I'm voting for Bernie to get free painted stripes.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Growing up with the Mustang model and in particular the 1965 GT350 I immediately fell in love with 2 seat Mustangs including such other models as the 2000 Cobra R, 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca and now the recent 2015 to 2019 R models and of course that brings me to the 2 seat 2020 GT500 CFTP model.

It seems just like yesterday when in fact it was ~8 1/2 years ago when the launch of the 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca model took place and again I was immediately smitten by its looks and performance of this 2 seat Mustang.

No other stock Pony Car at the time had a 0 to 60 time of 4.0 seconds or a quarter mile time of 12.3 seconds and of course us Mustang enthusiasts and of course the automotive press was very much impressed with this new Mustang.

I will not be surprised and will suggest that the launch of the 2020 GT500 CFTP will receive very high praise and accolades just as the 2012 Boss 302 LS did so many years ago and even with an MSRP price of ~$96,000 this automobile will be spectacular in all aspects of performance and will be highly sought after.

:)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
That's it! I'm voting for Bernie to get free painted stripes.
You guys that are buying are a schizo bunch. We got one guy running around referring to everyone not buying a GT500 as "the poors". And others crying about having to pay for stripes. :crazy:
Sponsored