Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 PRICING (MSRP/Invoice) Including Packages & Options

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
I can't say for sure but most everything I've seen is and applique. And it's only from the instrument cluster over across the top of the glove box door.
Maybe a GT350 owner has it and can tell us.
Yeah. Ford is gonna charge +500 (over gt350)just because it's on a gt500!?!

Told my dealer to remove it. Dont think it'll go well with a non CF car anyway..

Pisses me off Ford would do that.
Sponsored

Last edited:

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
How many years did Ford test the GT350/GT350R on track? 3 years. With a professional IMSA race car driver, Billy Johnson. Why was that? To perfect the car for road racing/Track day competition. Do you know how many different components that they changed? Almost everything, so everything is bespoke to that car.

The new 500, how many years in development and testing? 3-4 years. Changing it and optimizing it again on track. All of this is documented and since you know how to search articles, I'll leave you to go to google and look for it.

What were these cars benchmarked against? Porsche, Corvette, the GT350 engine was benchmarked against the Ferrari 458 Italia.

If you think that the only thing that separates your PP1 from a GT350/GT350R and the new GT500 is engine, trans, brakes, coolers and wheels, then I hate to burst your bubble because Ford would tell you that you're wrong. Your car was designed to be a sports car for the masses, and not even an enthusiast car which they defined the PP2 as being, these other cars were designed from their inception to be track cars, drag carsā€”cars that can see serious duty in racing and not break. If you don't believe me, go ask Ford. It's not hard information to find.

Donā€™t know why your mentioning the carbon rims, but try 20 grand. Theyā€™re 4-6k per wheel depending on whether itā€™s front and rear, and donā€™t know why you would assume the price went down, the price increased.
Not that I am getting one but I also think the MSRP of $70K is very reasonable considering the PP1/PP2 is $50K.

There are plenty of us (myself included ) who have sunk $20- $30K (supercharger /Turbo / fuel systems /tuning /CF drive shaft is at least $20K) into a $50K PP1/PP2 and ended up with arguable an inferior car to the GT 500, and almost certainly less relatable car without a warranty.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Not that I am getting one but I also think the MSRP of $70K is very reasonable considering the PP1/PP2 is $50K.

There are plenty of us (myself included ) who have sunk $20- $30K (supercharger /Turbo / fuel systems /tuning /CF drive shaft is at least $20K) into a $50K PP1/PP2 and ended up with arguable an inferior car to the GT 500, and almost certainly less relatable car without a warranty.
Also considering the GT 500 comes from the factory with an already ā€œbuilt engine ā€œ ready for boost (that would be an additional $15K to add that to a GT) and a game changing DCT...I think the msrp is very reasonable.

Too late for me though ....at least for a couple of years when I get one without ADM as I have already added boost and built the motor in my GT 350 .Probably the only upside to that is having the six speed .

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Could be competing. We just have to wait and see. Bottom line is the performance must be there for this amount, in addition to improved fit and finish. Otherwise Porsche is looking awfully good. Hell the 992 carrera performance numbers are great. It better way outperform that car, let alone the benchmarks
I agree, also throw in the fact you can't get a manual with the GT500. The newer 992S will be even quicker and later in the year Porsche says a manual will be available.

That being said there is no doubt this is a special Mustang, its just still a Mustang. If you can get a base one at MSRP or a tad lower would definitely be worth it.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Much if the pricing doesn't make sense:
SNIP Ridiculous IMO.
The pricing is not based on the cost to produce. The pricing is based on what Ford believes they can get their customers to pay.

That is seriously disappointing on Ford's part if true. Camber plates, even the best, most expensive available, are $500.

Ford's option strategy is puzzling. Yes of course they want to make significant money on them, but you also have to make it fit what people want to buy. I actually don't expect many will opt for the carbon package at all.
Sucks because those carbon wheels are sweet. That's the one part of the GT500 that I have always thought is amazing.

True but when I buy a car I plan on keeping it 5 to 10 years and I want a reliable car anything made by GM isn't reliable.
I hope you're wrong. So far I've had good luck with my 2004 GM product. It seems pretty good. I have to fix the steering column lock pretty soon though.

Thatā€™s where I am at. No disrespect to Camaro and Corvette owners but I do not like those cars whatsoever. To me the image of Corvette is white haired old guys with white tube socks pulled up to their knees that they only drive to the golf club. The Camaro is fugly as hell and not worth owning as a collector.
If you are going to choose a car based on what you believe other people think rather than what you like, it sounds like you should stay away from Camaro and Corvette. I would hate to have you feeling bad about yourself due to your car choice.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Right, plus D&D of $1095, and a GG tax of $2600 so a total price of $73,995 before T&T, so probably right up near $80K OTD (obv. dependent on local tax ...)
Gotta love oregon for that, TTL is about $250 for the first 4 years.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
True but when I buy a car I plan on keeping it 5 to 10 years and I want a reliable car anything made by GM isn't reliable.
My family has plenty of 200-300k mile GM products and plenty of Fords that never made it that far. It's all relative.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, also throw in the fact you can't get a manual with the GT500. The newer 992S will be even quicker and later in the year Porsche says a manual will be available.

That being said there is no doubt this is a special Mustang, its just still a Mustang. If you can get a base one at MSRP or a tad lower would definitely be worth it.
And a Porsche is still just a Porsche. What does that even mean? Almost every model built today is far better than what they used to be. I have a ā€˜65 fastback. A Focus base is a better overall performing car than it is.

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
If you are going to choose a car based on what you believe other people think rather than what you like, it sounds like you should stay away from Camaro and Corvette. I would hate to have you feeling bad about yourself due to your car choice.
Iā€™m not sure what you are attempting to say here. What I stated was my personal opinion rather than what I hear from other people. I would never buy the current offering from GM. The C8 maybe but I doubt I would like it more than the GT500

Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Interesting pricing strategy that is for sure. If I were in the market for a $100K car it most definitely would not be a Mustang based product (unless as others mentioned, they are going to put these together on dedicated production line where robots and people care about the end result). If I were shopping in this price bracket, I would try to get a new 718 GT4., but that is me.

irmoviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Now that the pricing is out on the GT500, who wants to buy my supercharged 2017 350R with 4500 miles that doesn't want to shell out the $$ for the GT500.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Ford did say they were looking more to Porsche and BMW as their competition back in 2015