Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 PRICING (MSRP/Invoice) Including Packages & Options

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
it's obvious that you have no appreciation or respect for the new Mustangs therefore not sure what motivates you to come on a Mustang forum other than trolling for controversy?
Yep he's trolling
Sponsored

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
Looks like I need to focus on a ZL1... For at least around $40K less(that's another nice car price) I could get great performance machine. Same level as the GT500? Probably not but at least I can afford it. Used ZL1s under 10K miles can be found for $60K.
A new 1LT corvette can be had for 49K, slap a SC on it for 10K and a very fast car with killer looks over the ZL1and better visibility than the ZL1 and faster than the ZL1.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
The point is, it's not only sharing the body with a $25,000 car, it's the whole platform and interior, they are not bespoke cars. AMG GT is a bespoke car since its on its own platform. And the gt500 is not touching a gt2rs.
So your argument is that the GT350 and GT500 are not worth premiums because Ford does not have a model strategy like other automakers where they have the multiple performance car models like Chevrolet and their Camaro and the Corvette? So because Ford only has a Mustang, and the Mustang spans price points from $25,000 to $100,000, then the $100,000 can be viewed as the same or similar to the $25,000 car.

Bespoke is not to speak about every individual car, but to mention that the GT350 and GT500 are not simply small upgrades, but entirely new cars that only share the body and some interior pieces. Almost every part on those cars are completely different from regular Mustangs. When Ford designs them, they are built as their inception as bespoke car models, built to be used on the track or in racing, and they are designed to exceed in those tasks. So your analogy to these cars being the same as an Ecoboost that might be at Hertz is not apt.

Name another car that comes with over 700hp, is designed for fast laps around the racetrack and has a DCT transmission, offers 500 pounds of downforce and comes with carbon fiber wheels. Will it beat a GT2RS on track, probably not, but it won’t be far behind, and if you want a 700hp track car with a DCT and cannot afford a GT2RS, this is an option.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
At those prices it really needs to deliver the goods. Hopefully it is as good a performance/emotional bargain as the GT350 was. I was originally skeptical of the looks, but they have really grown on me. Car looks mean, purposeful, but graceful at the same time. Power is certainly there. Weight will likely be a concern, but handling should be very good. I still doubt it will be as fast as a ZL1-1LE, but it should be darn close to command those price levels.
I certainly agree with you that at the MSRP prices listed the Ford Motor Company has to deliver the goods when it comes to steering, braking, handling and of course straight line acceleration.

In addition the horsepower to weight ratio will be a key factor to this cars success.

Personally if a CFTP car was available in a standard transmission configuration I would probably have taken a close look at purchasing that model assuming that I could find an allocation for one.

I would suggest that Ford will sell all 3750 Base GT500's but also suggest that the Ford dealerships who signed up for the GT500 program will not get as large and outrageous ADM's as they did with the launch of the GT350's and especially the early R models back in the Fall of 2015.

Regarding the ~1250 CFTP GT500's and with a nicely spec'd out model at ~$96,000 I will suggest that the early CFTP cars will go quickly but again subject to some common sense ADM's from the fortunate dealerships that get an allocation.

Like you I can't wait for some performance numbers to officially come out after which time that will certainly help decide as how successful the launch will be come this Fall.

How much faster/quicker will the CFTP car be over the Base GT500 will be very interesting as ~$19,000 is a lot of dough if there is not much of a performance gain over a Base model but I have a feeling that the CFTP will be well worth the extra cost at least that is my initial gut feeling.

Apologies for this post as the heat in the Valley today must have gotten me!:frown:

Sponsored

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Looks like I need to focus on a ZL1... For at least around $40K less(that's another nice car price) I could get great performance machine. Same level as the GT500? Probably not but at least I can afford it. Used ZL1s under 10K miles can be found for $60K.
Yeah, I’m looking at the ZL1s too. I’ve seen some new at $58k. No way in hell am I willing to pay an ADM.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
So your argument is that the GT350 and GT500 are not worth premiums because Ford does not have a model strategy like other automakers where they have the multiple performance car models like Chevrolet and their Camaro and the Corvette? So because Ford only has a Mustang, and the Mustang spans price points from $25,000 to $100,000, then the $100,000 can be viewed as the same or similar to the $25,000 car.

Bespoke is not to speak about every individual car, but to mention that the GT350 and GT500 are not simply small upgrades, but entirely new cars that only share the body and some interior pieces. Almost every part on those cars are completely different from regular Mustangs. When Ford designs them, they are built as their inception as bespoke car models, built to be used on the track or in racing, and they are designed to exceed in those tasks. So your analogy to these cars being the same as an Ecoboost that might be at Hertz is not apt.

Name another car that comes with over 700hp, is designed for fast laps around the racetrack and has a DCT transmission, offers 500 pounds of downforce and comes with carbon fiber wheels. Will it beat a GT2RS on track, probably not, but it won’t be far behind, and if you want a 700hp track car with a DCT and cannot afford a GT2RS, this is an option.
Chassis is the same. Suspension pick up points are the same. Engines and transmissions are different. That's it. You set some pretty narrow parameters for what this car has when it comes to its features, but that is irrelevant. At the price point they are putting it at, the competition steps up. Now we are comparing it to 911s, GTRs, Z06s, AMG GTs, and that is a field where outright performance is not necessarily a selling point. Go drive a 4,000 pound GT500 then drive a 3200 pound Carrera and you'll see why the 911 is the same price with much less power.

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
It is what it is. If you want it, your
going to buy it and the $106k optioned car I just agreed to is a no brainer to me, but that's me and to each their own. To be honest, $100k is not that much now a days if you think about. If you're complaining about the price then it's not the car for you or you can't afford it. Not to mention it's cheaper that a current Super Snake based on a Mustang GT.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
12359F7A-0FAC-4967-A731-EC2E8CF19F54.png
1D8B26EF-F5FC-4F62-8841-35615AC9A085.png

That $18,500 carbon track pack, sure looks awfully plasticy

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
but entirely new cars that only share the body and some interior pieces.
eh? Sit in a premium EB and a GT350 and they look almost exactly identical inside. The gauges are all the same. The Dash is the same. There are some minor cues but it's not like the 350 seat leather is several grades better than the EB in quality, or major rework was done to the bolsters or stiching, or paneling, etc. The floor mats are the same, the controls (shifter, pedals, entertainment) are all the exact same parts.

The sheetmetal stampings are no different. It's not like one has steel and the other aluminum or titanium or even carbon fiber. If Ford wanted to impress they could have called up https://speedkore.com/speedkore-gt350-carbon-series/ and made it a production option.

The carbon fiber wheels aren't cheap but they are $12,000/set per an article from 2017, https://www.motor1.com/news/144031/cheaper-carbon-fiber-wheels/ which refers to http://www.carbonrev.com/contact-us#dealer as the contract manufacturer. And they might be even cheaper these days. I haven't called a local dealer.

The underlying frame/chassis of the 2 cars is again exactly the same as far as we know. The GT350/500 could have come with bonded AL members, extruded secions instead of welded steel. It could have had carbon fiber sections where appropriate. I hold no high regard for Tesla but their 100k car actually has some effort put into it to use cutting edge methods. Audi makes a 'space frame' design on their cars (since 1994) and the mid-grade 5 and 6 series cars have a combination of steel, aluminum, and fiber-reinforced plastic.

Had Ford checked off some of those boxes then 'entirely new car, just looks the same as the cheaper editions' might have had some credence. It's not really wrong to say that the Shelby is "just" an engine, trans, brakes, some extra radiators, (and CF wheels) stuffed into the EB/GT car. Granted those are some pretty major and important components but 'bespoke' or 'entirely new' isn't remotely correct.

Sponsored

speedrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
So with the pricing announced, who is going to give up their allocation because the price to too high?

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Not to mention it's cheaper that a current Super Snake based on a Mustang GT.
You know what, this is where it makes sense. One is an aftermarket effort, the other a factory one. Those SA GT based Super Snakes are $130k+ and when you compare the gt500 to them, it certainly seems like a value proposition.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Not to mention it's cheaper that a current Super Snake based on a Mustang GT.
Indeed. I have no earthy clue what Ford was smoking to price that car so high. Cannabis wasn't legal back then.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
I like that this priced a good chunk above the GT350. Top dog should be top dollar. These aren't for everyone, and the price will make it so.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Did anyone order today? my dealer was out and I was on the lake all day .
I was thinking about CFTP, and vinyl stripes top and bottom, that's all.
Sponsored