Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
OK, this is pretty funny, the ad at the top of this thread:

upload_2019-6-28_14-45-13.png

Had to go look, and while it's a bit of an Apple vs. Pears:

upload_2019-6-28_14-46-49.png

That's an auto too, so you could a couple of thousand and get the pretty slick 7-speed manual (granted it's a 1LZ, so slightly less interior goodies).
If bought at the right price, new Corvettes, with little or no options, are the Best Buy you can find.
I've been ordering them like that, and daily driving them, since 1997.
All stick shifts, because sports cars should not be crippled with garbage torque converters
Sponsored

Aliaszero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Well. that takes me out of the running. Enjoy the cars boys. Looks like it's gonna be a beast. I'll get one in a couple years.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Pricing is what I'd pessimistically expected, although I'd hoped for lower.

I'm sorry. I love Mustangs, but I'm not paying that kind of money for one.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Those numbers are bullshit. Don't believe everything you read. That DCT is going to trickle down to the base V8 Mustangs. Frankly, it's the only car from Ford that would make any sense to me
The DCT from Ford service is a little over 20K. That is direct from someone that works in that arena and isn't BS. The DCT earmarked for the GT500 won't be trickling down as much as you are trying to will it to be.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
what the heck justifies 10k for painted stripes are they insane? lol
Yeah, $10K is pretty pricey, I mean, I had a $10K+ paint job on my Supra, but that was a show quality, full color change (interior fully removed, all door/window seals/jams).

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
You get what you pay for kids. If you want the Shelby name on your mustang. Its gonna set you back. For that kinda gingle. It better outrun a redeye. And handle a Zle.

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
either ford pricing dept have been on the crack pipe again or they are going to start building these in another factory with employees who give a shit, have two functioning eyes and a full set of fingers with a robot measuring quality and sending the failed build back. I see no sign of ford building a new plant in Mexico and they have just closed them in Belgium and wales so I guess there is a good market for class A drugs in Detroit.

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
Looks like mine is going to run me just north of 80k after tax and what not. Looks like I’ll have to pick up a few a few extra shifts if I want that painted stripe. I honestly hope my dealer doesn’t have the stripe allocation to tempt me.

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner
Yes, a fully optioned GT500 is outrageously expensive. Keep in mind most of these will either sit in the collections of millionaires or will be raced. Considering the performance capabilities and prestige that comes with the GT500 name, a hundred grand does not seem out of line. I'm sure Ford is not planning on selling a boat load of them anyway. Besides, if you are complaining about the price, you can't afford it.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Wow! I must be getting old. That seems like way too much to me. My first reaction is I might be done buying new cars. If people buy these at MSRP or MSRP +, then the next generation of Mustangs will probably cost over $60k for a decently equipped GT.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Nthen add $3K for Tech,
It's just shameless that Ford even charges for the Tech pack let alone such an obscene figure. At this kind of price-point pretty much all the 'common' options should be included. If you want to delete an option, then you get a small (insulting?) credit.

The base car should have been no more than $65. The track pack not a penny over 10 and equipped with the Multimatic DSSV. Ford is in for a very rude awakening IMO. Maybe they'll sell 3000 units.

25k 'ecoboost - 3 (MT82) - 5 (eco engine) + 20k engine + 20k trans = 57k Add 3-5K for brakes + misc and you're back to 65.
The base ZL1 is 62, 70k with 1LE package. Ford might think they can get away with 5% (reasonable) but 12+% is sheer lunacy.
Sponsored

Last edited: