Sponsored

WHEN EXACTLY ARE THEY OPENING THE "ORDER BANK"???

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I don't know if anyone has actually "Placed Their Order" or not yet but Iam still waiting for the "Phone Call" from my dealer to come on in and enter it into the system. I've talked to him 3 times TODAY so he's on it but was just WONDERING if anyone has actually placed the order in the system yet??????
Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I am in the same boat, my dealer has my orders and specs, waiting on allocation. He is supposed to call the moment he knows.

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I am in the same boat, my dealer has my orders and specs, waiting on allocation. He is supposed to call the moment he knows.
I was told all dealers will get "ONE ALLOCATION" as long as they joined the Shelby Club that Ford makes them join to get that 1 allocation. So I don't think its an allocation thing but just them getting their system ready to take all these orders that are going to pour in at the same time and probably shut their system down. LOL

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
yeah my dealer has done all that, maybe i am using wrong terminology but he says soon as they get there 'allotment' he can place the order.

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I made a call just now to High Places and was told they are NOT going to open the order banks today. Most likely monday or tuesday. Iam going fishing. LOL Honestly not kidding I was told not going to open today. Same place that I knew about the Expensive painted stripes.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I made a call just now to High Places and was told they are NOT going to open the order banks today. Most likely monday or tuesday. Iam going fishing. LOL Honestly not kidding I was told not going to open today. Same place that I knew about the Expensive painted stripes.

Yeah, except, you said this:

How solid is your info???? I was told the base car will start at $85 or $86.
So your dealer was offbase by $11K-16K depending if they were using pre-GG/DD pricing.

And the stripes, you were just guessing at like the rest of us (I didn't see any "dealer insider" pricing info):

Iam just having some fun now but Iam guessing they will be quite a bit higher than $5K. Just hear me out for a second. About 6 or 7 years ago I had a Challenger and I got the bug to have some stripes painted on the old girl. So I took it down to a local body shop that had a very good and high reputation. They put on some nice Dual Painted Stripes and I got the bill for $5,200. BUT that was 5 or 6 years ago, so now throw in inflation and I'll bet you they are going to be closer to $7 to even $8K. Maybe even Higher. Just my 2 cents worth. We all reserve the right to throw out our best "guess". LOL
I mean, you were closer than most of us, but I wouldn't trust your dealer for accurate information at this point. :)

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Yup, it got bumped from today to next week.

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Yeah, except, you said this:

So your dealer was offbase by $11K-16K depending if they were using pre-GG/DD pricing.

And the stripes, you were just guessing at like the rest of us (I didn't see any "dealer insider" pricing info):

I mean, you were closer than most of us, but I wouldn't trust your dealer for accurate information at this point. :)
It doesn't mean anything to me but to be honest with you I knew the painted stripe pricing "right to the very penny". I was just told to keep my mouth shut till it comes out so thats why I said oh around $8,000 or more. I do what Iam told when you get info from High Places. At this point it doesn't matter as we all have the pricing now. Just wishing they would open up the flood gates. LOL

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
It doesn't mean anything to me but to be honest with you I knew the painted stripe pricing "right to the very penny". I was just told to keep my mouth shut till it comes out so thats why I said oh around $8,000 or more. I do what Iam told when you get info from High Places. At this point it doesn't matter as we all have the pricing now. Just wishing they would open up the flood gates. LOL
I just didn't want you to be catching a trout while other people were ordering, hahahaha ...

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I just didn't want you to be catching a trout while other people were ordering, hahahaha ...
Don't forget I'm coming down to stay with you next Feb. for a month so I can walk on the beach daily. Do you want me to bring the Shelby along??? LOL

Sponsored

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Don't forget I'm coming down to stay with you next Feb. for a month so I can walk on the beach daily. Do you want me to bring the Shelby along??? LOL
Hi Chuck,
I am still in after seeing the price list. Stripe prices are higher than I thought they would be. My dealer rep has my order and is waiting for the order banks to open. Mine will be high 80s for a base model well equipped. YOLO!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Tried.
Capture.JPG

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Hi Chuck,
I am still in after seeing the price list. Stripe prices are higher than I thought they would be. My dealer rep has my order and is waiting for the order banks to open. Mine will be high 80s for a base model well equipped. YOLO!
Hi my Friend Melange_X3; Iam very glad that you are still in. Me too. I've looked carefully over the pricing guide that was posted and my car comes in at $88,785. Iam very excited and just waiting for the order banks to open so I can go over to my dealer and we can get it into his computer system. It appears that its going to be MONDAY from what the guys are saying. Since Iam retired thats fine with me. I just want to get it done. Still hoping I can get the Painted Stripes but if not I'll go with the black vinyl. Hope and Pray things are good your way.
Sponsored