OP
Temovic55

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
I went with Roush, but got a pulley change and larger injectors and I keep my warranty - paid alittle extra to Tickford who done the install for the warranty to be kept with the changes.

Standard install is 710HP and 830NM. Im north of 800HP and 930NM. Not at the wheels.
Hey TehEno,
have you had any issues with the cooling efficiency? Temperature is an important factor for me and I also noticed you said you did only the pulleys ( what size ) and injectors and you were near 800 HP. just curious, what tune did u go for
Sponsored

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
Another vote for Edelbrock. I have the 2300 kit on my 16GT and tuned by Palm beach.
Was on the dyno yesterday and pulled 632whp.

Standard EB kit with just a BAP.
FC11267B-7B5A-4134-9CAF-97F2B02F0265.jpeg
B28FC1B4-9345-4489-8C0C-F82E4A3A3E27.jpeg
3in pulley or 3.25?

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
Are there any dyno numbers out there on the stage 2 edelbrock on 93 with the edelbrock cal?
They usually make 675ish on our mustang dyno with this setup.

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
3in pulley or 3.25?
That’s the standard 3inch

I have the 2.75 here now and the EB CAI along with oil pump gears. Will be fitting them and back on the dyno in the next month or 2.

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
Whipple Gen3, Stage 1 (750 HP) kit here. Car is entirely stock other than the Whipple kit. This is also with the supplied Whipple tune, and only Octane Adjust turned off during the dyno, Overload/CHT limiting still active. Pump 91 Octane with 1/2 can Boostane (around 98 Octane).

643 RWHP/529 RWTQ

Stock cats/exhaust/TB/Fuel Pump. Automatic car.

Not record breaking numbers, but for the entry level Whipple kit I was very happy. Still can go up to the larger intercooler, level 2 throttle body upgrade, and i'm told a custom PBD or Lund tune does wonders, especially with the Boostane (added just for a safety margin).

Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
They are all good. PBD doesn't even sell Roush so why would they promote the product in a good way? Take it with a grain of salt..
Whipple Gen3, Stage 1 (750 HP) kit here. Car is entirely stock other than the Whipple kit. This is also with the supplied Whipple tune, and only Octane Adjust turned off during the dyno, Overload/CHT limiting still active. Pump 91 Octane with 1/2 can Boostane (around 98 Octane).

643 RWHP/529 RWTQ

Stock cats/exhaust/TB/Fuel Pump. Automatic car.

Not record breaking numbers, but for the entry level Whipple kit I was very happy. Still can go up to the larger intercooler, level 2 throttle body upgrade, and i'm told a custom PBD or Lund tune does wonders, especially with the Boostane (added just for a safety margin).

Don't let the hero pulls everyone always post about get your hopes down, your numbers are about right for a stage 1 Whipple car. You can check out PBD's youtube page, they dyno these all the time and your numbers are in line for what is expected of a stage 1

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Hey TehEno,
have you had any issues with the cooling efficiency? Temperature is an important factor for me and I also noticed you said you did only the pulleys ( what size ) and injectors and you were near 800 HP. just curious, what tune did u go for
Hi mate, fuel pump and rails also. Temp is just fine really, but we are in the middle of winter here so all the temps are way low at the moment. Will see what happens when it starts to warm up. Pulley went 2 sizes. Tune is the Roush tune, the latest one which gives an extra 10% over the older tune. Needed to stay with Roush to keep the warranty but I also worked out a deal with the dealership and Tickford to keep the warranty after the upgrades.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Members :handshake:

This is my first post and I had to make that cause Roush superchaarger kit is under SALE for almost 6500$! which is the most reliable kit over all ?

https://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-r2650-supercharger-kit-phase-1-2018-gt.html

I just bought a Roush 2 and not familiar with N/A coming from GT500 14 !
I took advantage of the sale ordered it. Local place is going to install it for $1200. But, if I didn't already have a Roush stage 2 then I would purchased the Edlebrock, procharger, or Vortech. Had some speed shop tell me that whipple has blown some engines with their 18+ SC tunes. Not sure if its true but unlike Edlebrock they're more and don't include a warranty standard.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
They are all good. PBD doesn't even sell Roush so why would they promote the product in a good way? Take it with a grain of salt..
I saw several of their videos on Roush. In one they explained why they don't add boost and instead do E85 and nitrous with their Roush tunes. In fact after the video I felt pretty good about getting the Roush. After reading multiple reviews and talking to speed shops I found many recommend centri SCs over twin screws for the GT if heat soak is a concern.

Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
They usually make 675ish on our mustang dyno with this setup.
Just installed mine . California pimp 91. Peak was 645, average is 641 RWHP. Stock Edelbrock tune. Excellent driveability. Superior complete package.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I saw several of their videos on Roush. In one they explained why they don't add boost and instead do E85 and nitrous with their Roush tunes. In fact after the video I felt pretty good about getting the Roush. After reading multiple reviews and talking to speed shops I found many recommend centri SCs over twin screws for the GT if heat soak is a concern.
Heat soak isn't really an issue today with the new S550 twin screw setups. Most have really excellent cooling capacity and very good ITA2 temps for daily driving and racing. Whipple has one of the best intercooler systems out there, if not the best. Also don't believe they're responsible for blowing motors as you've heard from a shop. Whipple is top notch stuff and if motors were really blown it's almost always calibration related , and that can happen to any forced induction setup.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
VMP 2650 GEN3Rs are available now for the 15-17 coyotes anyone got a dyno of one yet?

Jpol908

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A Ragtop
If you have a 18+, the Roush is by far the worse blower choice you can make, PBD recently posted the IATs they saw during a single 1/4 mile pass, 200*f+ temperatures from a single pull. It just lack the ability to cool the charge air. Don't let people tell you it's fine if you aren't going all out, cooling does matter.

I'm personally biased towards the Edelbrock since it's what I have....whether you want 650 or 1200whp, the Edelbrock unit will get the job done.
IMG_7112.jpg
IMG_4785.jpg

I have to agree. Been planning my fall build on my ‘18 and my local shop has said they’ve already removed a couple of the Roush units and replaced with Whipple due to the heat issues and also the fact that tuning options are limited.

So, I’m on the fence between Whipple or Edelbrock. Leaning towards the Edelbrock because I’ve heard that Lund has done some amazing things with the Edelbrock.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
So, I’m on the fence between Whipple or Edelbrock. Leaning towards the Edelbrock because I’ve heard that Lund has done some amazing things with the Edelbrock.
whats the cost difference between the Whipple and Edelbrock?
Sponsored