Sponsored

The elephant in the room: ADM

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Well if they follow their Shelby Dealer Enrollment Program information they sent out then it says 'Order Bank scheduled to open in June'. So that leaves today, tomorrow and Friday, assuming they won't release it on the weekend. There running out of time if they follow there own schedule.
Sponsored

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
On average every mustang I have bought since the late 80's has cost me about $100 per horsepower. Same thing happened with my Shelby GT in 2016. The base price was $50k and at slighty under $100 per HP. If you look at the current line up mustangs are going for between $86 per horsepower (Ecoboost) to (112) per horsepower GT350 this year. With that said a $76K base model GT500 without options is not unrealistic. Throw in the stripes, tech package, black painted roof and carbon fiber interior package and poof $80k is gone before any ADM is considered. It is also not unrealistic to say the Track Pack car will be 15K more. I really don't see the GT500 starting at just above the amount for a GT350R.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Ford of Canada took less ā€˜18s because of the overstock on 17s.

Regardless, weā€™ll see a good amount here.

I fully expect my Calgary dealer to have up to 30 cars with 4 CFTP.

They were the first dealer to deliver the Ford GT (which a symposium was held at Fred Philips private collection, google him if you donā€™t know) and they're a big player.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/driving.ca/ford/gt/column/on-the-road/on-the-road-2018-ford-gt/amp

My Saskatoon dealer I bought my R from should see around 25, with 3 CFTP. Of course these are estimates. Iā€™m starting to have some excitement for this car, I didnā€™t at first.

Itā€™ll be tough to choose, I actually managed a spot on the list (2nd) in Saskatoon for a Boxster Spyder. So Iā€™m in a pickle.

I might have to get rid of my ultra rare Base 350 and my civic type R. Love the type R, itā€™s just hilarious how good it is.
C0E1625F-45BC-4F97-BC04-4C9CA42563C0.jpeg
8C233D32-087B-4737-8843-AD68B765180D.jpeg

Great point about Canada being overstocked with regular GT350's from 2017 therefore they decided to cut back their orders dramatically for the 2018MY except for 2018 R model.

Of the 205 GT350/R's that Ford dealerships received for the 2018MY almost half of that total was made up of R models (93 cars for 45.4%) which is pretty incredible.

Regarding Saskatoon Ford dealerships I grew up and graduated from that fine city so when my daughter spotted a Ruby Red & Black Roof R model "HR013" sitting in the Jubilee Ford showroom she immediately called me about the car after which time I reached out to my cousin in Alberta who was looking for an R model at the time.

I negotiated an MSRP deal with Jubilee Ford for HR013 and then turned everything over to my cousin in Alberta after which time paperwork, deposits, etc. took place. Won't get into the rest of the details but Jubilee tried to back out of the MSRP deal a short time later using some lame excuses which I won't get into at this time therefore my respect for this Ford dealership has long gone.

Pretty cool that you have a 2016 Base R and a Type R as well as I used to own GR107 which was also a SB Base R and if you unfortunately have to get rid of your Base R I am sure someone will snap that rare R model in short notice.

Speaking of R models and Type R's I have attached pictures of HR019 and my Rallye Red Type R that I just sold before relocating out West.

At $35,995 the Type R is obviously one of the best bangs for the buck out there and as you mentioned is just hilarious how good this car is.

Who would have thought that a mass produced Civic could have a top end speed of ~170 MPH let alone all of the great handling characteristics that come with a FW drive 4 door car.

:sunglasses:
DSCF2305.JPG
DSCF2303.JPG

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
JUST release the details already.....With the MSRP numbers being thrown around then the value becomes an issue to me. Right now $ per performance has to go to the ZL1 .....The mustang may be the better car but at $10K-15K? more ...it should be. I am hoping they thought about value and perception when coming up with there MSRP, but seeing FORD don't care about ADM they probably didn't. If this car is on the rich side of the MSRP scale then we get to hear, 'Well, if i put $10K into my ZL1 it will outperform your GT500'..... and that is a valid point. Still prefer the mustang and that is why i don't own a ZL1, but think they are remarkable cars for money.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
I expect two free Ford Vs Ferrari Movie tickets with my order of the car as well!

Sponsored

OP
OP
1mic

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
My dealer just told me they think the MSRP will be about $95,000 from what they are hearing.
You dealer is adding ADM to that "MSRP". LOL, should be changed: "MSRP changed to DSRP and the DSRP is 20k more."

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Seen my dealer today to look at a 19 R. I posted about it in the GT350 leads thread. Anyway, he said they are getting ONE GT500 and it'll be a $50k ADM, Said there was a dealer in Houston getting 3 and they're sold already. This wasn't from a salesman. It was straight from the Sales Manager's mouth.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I TOO HAVE BEEN TOLD PRICING BY SEVERAL VERY RELIABLE PEOPLE BUT IAM NOT GOING TO SAY SINCE I TOLD THEM I WOULD NOT.
SORRY CHUCK BUT THE "RELIABLE PEOPLE" YOU KNOW HAVEN'T A CLUE.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Seen my dealer today to look at a 19 R. I posted about it in the GT350 leads thread. Anyway, he said they are getting ONE GT500 and it'll be a $50k ADM, Said there was a dealer in Houston getting 3 and they're sold already. This wasn't from a salesman. It was straight from the Sales Manager's mouth.
A $50k ADM lmao! Thereā€™s always a idiot who is willing to pay.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
$50k to some people is like you going out and buying a cheeseburger. Just because you have stupid money and you don't mind spending it to get what you want does not make you an idiot.

Would I spend that kind of money on a markup? No.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
$50k to some people is like you going out and buying a cheeseburger. Just because you have stupid money and you don't mind spending it to get what you want does not make you an idiot.

Would I spend that kind of money on a markup? No.
If i made that in a month, absolutely

Zay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
went to the dealer yesterday, dealer stated they are going to be asking 10k markup but if someone else offers more that they will gladly take it lol

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
went to the dealer yesterday, dealer stated they are going to be asking 10k markup but if someone else offers more that they will gladly take it lol
Ya, there's a couple of dealers here in Omaha that told me they are getting $10K over msrp as well. One dealer actually owns 3 Ford Dealerships and the other owns 2 Ford Dealerships. All 5 cars are already sold and all 5 went for $10K over msrp. Someday when all this "HUGE HOOPALA" dies down Iam going to tell folks what I really think of dealers that do this. Plus I feel Ford should not allow them to do it either. It just leads to people having a really bad taste in their mouth for the whole thing.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Great point about Canada being overstocked with regular GT350's from 2017 therefore they decided to cut back their orders dramatically for the 2018MY except for 2018 R model.

Of the 205 GT350/R's that Ford dealerships received for the 2018MY almost half of that total was made up of R models (93 cars for 45.4%) which is pretty incredible.

Regarding Saskatoon Ford dealerships I grew up and graduated from that fine city so when my daughter spotted a Ruby Red & Black Roof R model "HR013" sitting in the Jubilee Ford showroom she immediately called me about the car after which time I reached out to my cousin in Alberta who was looking for an R model at the time.

I negotiated an MSRP deal with Jubilee Ford for HR013 and then turned everything over to my cousin in Alberta after which time paperwork, deposits, etc. took place. Won't get into the rest of the details but Jubilee tried to back out of the MSRP deal a short time later using some lame excuses which I won't get into at this time therefore my respect for this Ford dealership has long gone.

Pretty cool that you have a 2016 Base R and a Type R as well as I used to own GR107 which was also a SB Base R and if you unfortunately have to get rid of your Base R I am sure someone will snap that rare R model in short notice.

Speaking of R models and Type R's I have attached pictures of HR019 and my Rallye Red Type R that I just sold before relocating out West.

At $35,995 the Type R is obviously one of the best bangs for the buck out there and as you mentioned is just hilarious how good this car is.

Who would have thought that a mass produced Civic could have a top end speed of ~170 MPH let alone all of the great handling characteristics that come with a FW drive 4 door car.

DSCF2305.JPG
DSCF2303.JPG
Nice R!

I have a base GT350 (only 2016 model year) came from Calgary. My 350R came from Saskatoon, jubilee. Youā€™re right, my experience there was bittersweet. They wanted me to sign all these documents and this and that. I paid them a small, but fair ADM at the time and they were still attempting to do some weird stuff during signing. Anyway grey experience there.

The Porsche dealer is owned by the same gentlemen as the Ford dealer. So if I go and buy the new boxster spyder, curious how Iā€™ll be treated. Part of buying the Porsche is the experience and servicing after. Maybe Iā€™ll find out.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Nice R!

I have a base GT350 (only 2016 model year) came from Calgary. My 350R came from Saskatoon, jubilee. Youā€™re right, my experience there was bittersweet. They wanted me to sign all these documents and this and that. I paid them a small, but fair ADM at the time and they were still attempting to do some weird stuff during signing. Anyway grey experience there.

The Porsche dealer is owned by the same gentlemen as the Ford dealer. So if I go and buy the new boxster spyder, curious how Iā€™ll be treated. Part of buying the Porsche is the experience and servicing after. Maybe Iā€™ll find out.
The gentleman that owns all of these dealerships in Saskatchewan, Alberta and now building a Porsche dealership in Kelowna (may be built by now) is Vaughn Wyant who owns the Wyant Group and don't know much about him but if Jubilee Ford is any indication of their overall business model I will certainly take my business elsewhere going forward.

Sponsored