Sponsored

What kind of mods is everyone doing to increase NA power gt350?

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Coming from a primo master hunter! Lol!
Guys such as you inspire, challenge our thinking, and drain our wallet.
I do what i can to collectively help the group :)

@honeybadger : Hey Kevin, I PM'd you several days ago....guess you got it?
RE: cams.
Ahh, crap. Sorry. I completely forgot to reply. I've been waiting for someone to post results! When I refresh the motor, I'll definitely be looking into these!

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I was really hoping for more NA options that were somewhat cheap to get some good hp gains. Wishful thinking!
Cheap? On an engine like this? HA! TROLLOLOLOLOL!

But seriously, just a tune alone is a really good start and it's just such a happier car. VMP or Lund.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
FI is the way to go for more power. The N/A builds for our vehicles are sparse. On SVT, some have talked about ported heads and cams, also the CJ intake, but that thread sort of died.

The Procharger option works really well on our vehicles, the centri just keeps making power the higher the revs get. Toss on a Px1 or a Dx1 and your in business. The new gen 5 Whipple is nice, and fits under the stock hood. I think you can make the strut bar work with spacers. I know a few people who did it with the older gen, (gen3 ?) Whipple.

In truth if I was to go F/I it would be turbo. The Fat Fab setup is really nice, and I have seen Hellion GT350's run hard as well. It may be more work, but I feel that would be the best option. No stress on the crank, can turn it up or down, just a good way to go.

OP
OP
Deathvalleysc

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Cheap? On an engine like this? HA! TROLLOLOLOLOL!

But seriously, just a tune alone is a really good start and it's just such a happier car. VMP or Lund.
I have all the basic bolt ons including a good tune. I went with a dyno tune at a local shop. I considered a flash tune but like the fact that the shop was 15 min up the road if I had any issues. Also with dyno tune it can be dialed in a little better. Not saying there’s anything wrong with a flash tune from Lund or anywhere else. It would’ve been nice if Lund was local to me but they’re not.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
i wish i could tune my car. but it seems that my warranty is out the door at that point. if it were simply a "sorry, you tuned your car, so this issue isn't covered", i might be okay with it. but i've "heard" that a dealer tech can ear-mark your VIN and completely void a warranty for anything future and with any dealer you go to. that would suck if true. and it's just a risk i wont take right now.

OP
OP
Deathvalleysc

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
i wish i could tune my car. but it seems that my warranty is out the door at that point. if it were simply a "sorry, you tuned your car, so this issue isn't covered", i might be okay with it. but i've "heard" that a dealer tech can ear-mark your VIN and completely void a warranty for anything future and with any dealer you go to. that would suck if true. and it's just a risk i wont take right now.
The way a warranty works is if you have an issue they have to prove that the mod you have caused the issue to not cover repairs. So say you have an exhaust installed and something is messing up on your brakes. The brakes will be still fixed under warranty because the two don’t have anything to do with each other. Now off you exhaust comes apart they won’t fix it because the exhaust is after market. I’ve had too many bad experiences to worry about warranty’s. The dealers will try everything they can not to cover something. Mine runs out in August anyway so even thought I have intake, headers, xpipe, after market exhaust, MGW short shifter, tube etc... I will still be able to go and get my rear bumper gap fixed before warranty runs out. My mods did t cause the issue.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
The way a warranty works is if you have an issue they have to prove that the mod you have caused the issue to not cover repairs. So say you have an exhaust installed and something is messing up on your brakes. The brakes will be still fixed under warranty because the two don’t have anything to do with each other. Now off you exhaust comes apart they won’t fix it because the exhaust is after market. I’ve had too many bad experiences to worry about warranty’s. The dealers will try everything they can not to cover something. Mine runs out in August anyway so even thought I have intake, headers, xpipe, after market exhaust, MGW short shifter, tube etc... I will still be able to go and get my rear bumper gap fixed before warranty runs out. My mods did t cause the issue.
yeah I'm aware of all that and the Magnuson act. it's just a read way too much horrible stories AB dealer doing what I wrote above that is just not worth the risk to me or the hassle.

Sponsored

NBrock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2021 5.7 RAM Rebel, 2018 Kona Blue GT350
I'd love to see a Borla induction kit on our cars. It's tempting, but without any info, not sure I want to make the leap.

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
I was hopeful that plazmaman was finally developing an intake manifold but got email from them yesterday saying not in the works. GT350 not sold in Australia and can't get hands on one I was told.
Bummer! And he did say that their 5.0 intake of course wouldn't work on ours.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
CorteX Racing had a prototype manifold a year or so ago that was supposedly in the works but I guess that never came to fruition. Last email received from them basically stated "nothing new happening" back in June 2018.

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
CorteX Racing had a prototype manifold a year or so ago that was supposedly in the works but I guess that never came to fruition. Last email received from them basically stated "nothing new happening" back in June 2018.
Yeah, aware of some talk about that while back....frustrating to hear your latest update. Honestly, I believe those bold few who are venturing into testing/developement are realizing just how very little can actually be gained over oem design. Cams, TB, intake manifold...

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
I’m trying to see how much NA power I can get out of my 2016 GT350. I wanted to see what kind of mods people are doing to get the most power without boosting. At the moment I have Kooks headers with green cats and full Kooks exhaust, JLT intake and my car has been dyno tuned at a local shop. My car made 454 hp at the wheels on a Mustang dyno which converts to around 510 on a dynojet. My next mod will be a E85 kit. What other mods can I do to get more without boost? And what kind of numbers will I get from those mods. I would love to get to 550-600 rwhp on dynojet NA. The 454 I made on a mustang dyno was in a shop that was 105 degrees and with a 4th gear pull. Will dyno higher in 5th but not as safe. Please post your thoughts.
You wont get 600rwhp na. Easiest way is boost.
Sponsored