MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The demon crate is not allowed to be installed prior to purchase, so its oem developed aftermarket, and is not street legal. Demon is not a street legal 9 sec car
/end debate

It's a bit nebulous when making the comparison, clearly, it's not street legal, it's OEM and comes "packaged" with the car. My $0.02, if you're doing a GT500 vs. Demon, go street tires, or DRs on both, even though the Demon sort of "comes from the factory" with drag tires :D

Did you see the ZR1 running with the DRs and the Chevy CAI run a 9.64? It's in the other cars area, FMA, that's crazy.
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
It's a bit nebulous when making the comparison, clearly, it's not street legal, it's OEM and comes "packaged" with the car. My $0.02, if you're doing a GT500 vs. Demon, go street tires, or DRs on both, even though the Demon sort of "comes from the factory" with drag tires :D

Did you see the ZR1 running with the DRs and the Chevy CAI run a 9.64? It's in the other cars area, FMA, that's crazy.
Their own literature states the dealer cannot install before purchase, thats after market, by definition. Literature states its oem developed; aftermarket. Not for use on public roads; FCAs advertising campaign was not only misleading, it was incorrect and lies.

But yes, compare on equal tires and fuel.
And again, the ZR1 is nasty

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This topic again?

I'll tell you what kills EVERYTHING. My farts after Taco Tuesday. Demons, ZL1's, ZR1's, GT500's...no one stands a chance.
And that's about as stupid as this thread. I couldn't have said it any better.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
There are several Demons that have ran 9 second passes perfectly stock.
I know this for a fact and there are videos.
However to get a 9 second pass it takes the following,
Good driver.
Good da/temp.
Good track prep.
No back seat.
That will be a very high 9 second pass.

There is NO 9.65 !!!!
its going to be hard to replicate or even beat that time. All I know is the driver is 125lbs:
PIPO said:
It's a record for a reason, not just a manufacturer claim. Leah Pritchett said it herself, "it's a record I'd like to keep".
-single seat
-no passenger mirror
-2 speaker base radio
-no trunk carpet
-negative 1500 DA
-125lbs PRO driver
-3 gal of fuel
-4320 raceweight w/ driver

The only people that get their panties in a bunch are the Demon owners that don't drag race themselves and the Dodge haters. Everyone else seems to understand what the guys racing their demons are going after.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Bumping this up... :like:

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
800hp demon / 10.4 after 4 years and 400 drivers
760hp GT500 / 10.6 after 2 days and 2 drivers

hell yea
Not quite accurate.
2 1/2 years for the Demon.
Also the reason there are not very good times for the Demon in (stock) form 808hp is because almost nobody runs them that way. Everybody runs them with the race fuel and skinnies etc.
The Demon will run 10.1 to 10.3 in its 808hp configuration in good conditions.
All you have to do is look at the Hellcat Redeye.
It is running 10.2 to 10.4 on drag radials in good conditions and the Demon is/can be a little lighter.
Don’t get me wrong the 9.65 time is a complete joke but facts are facts.
Venom does not kill Demons in stock form anyway.
Venom (GT500) does kill Hellcats and Hellcat Redeyes in stock form.
Redeye vs GT500 in a DR is going to be really close I think.
Let’s see more videos!

Last edited:

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Not quite accurate.
2 1/2 years for the Demon.
Also the reason there are not very good times for the Demon in (stock) form 808hp is because almost nobody runs them that way. Everybody runs them with the face fuel and skinnies etc.
The Demon will run 10.1 to 10.3 stock in good conditions.
All you have to do is look at the Hellcat Redeye.
It is running 10.2 to 10.4 on drag radials in good conditions and the Demon is/can be a little lighter.
Don’t get me wrong the 9.65 time is a complete joke but facts are facts.
Venom does not kill Demons in stock forum anyway.
Venom (GT500) does kill Hellcats and Hellcat Redeyes in stock form.
Redeye vs GT500 in a DR is going to be really close I think.
Let’s see more videos!
Maybe, but lets face it. Its infinitly more likely that the cars were ran that way, as the aftermarket crates ( hey, literally AFTER market) werent delivered to the owners for some time, and the high 10s, 11s, and 12s were hit. the owners certainly did not want to post them up for a 9 sec claimed car.
Unless.. the vast majority of demon owners didnt hit the strip in the 1st week of ownership? Which is nearly impossible to believe.

but no, the demon will not run 10.1-10.3, as none have ever done that as driven of the showroom floor

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Maybe, but lets face it. Its infinitly more likely that the cars were ran that way, as the aftermarket crates ( hey, literally AFTER market) werent delivered to the owners for some time, and the high 10s, 11s, and 12s were hit. the owners certainly did not want to post them up for a 9 sec claimed car.
Unless.. the vast majority of demon owners didnt hit the strip in the 1st week of ownership? Which is nearly impossible to believe.

but no, the demon will not run 10.1-10.3, as none have ever done that as driven of the showroom floor
Most Demons have never seen a drag strip.
A completely stock rear seat delete 808hp Demon will certainly run a 10.2 in good weather.
The fastest I can find a video of is a 10.4 but that was with a fat driver and not the best weather.
And yes the Demon crate is technically aftermarket.
That was brought to my attention buy a member here a few months ago.
Not in the same class as most modifications but still not completely stock.
Again these are not my opinions, just facts.
I really really like the new GT500 and can’t wait to get one but I try my best to be reasonable and well informed.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Also all kinds of people have run high 10s and 11s even with the crate installed.
Sponsored