Seniors: Louder Exhaust?

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
i went from Stock EB, to EB with Magnaflow Street, to GT with active exhaust. I have MyMode so the exhaust is set to Stock+. Sometimes when I am driving from the mailbox area to my home, I turn it on to Track. I live in a 55+ community and so far no letters from the HOA. Considering I pass by a GT 50th Anniv., a modified V6, a previous gen V6 convertible (that also has Harley's), and a 67 Chevelle SS, I think there are others that like a loud exhaust.
Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Right now, I'm happy with how loud the exhaust is. Never did like street exhaust that was obnoxiously loud that basically says "Look at me! I'm making noise!!"

If I did change anything, I'd try to find a setup to get a lower, deeper rumble, like my now-gone Chevelle 396 had (will never sound the same, I know).
I'm the same way - I don't need everyone to look at me, and I don't want to bug other people unnecessarily. I think the '18s+ upped the stock exhaust sound, so it's louder than even the '15-17s, and that seems loud enough. I took the car to get it washed yesterday and wasn't paying attention when they called out that it was done, but the rumble of it starting when they were moving it caught my attention. That's plenty loud enough for me. I'm 55, for reference.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Active Exhaust with resonator delete and MagnaFlow X Pipe. Usually run in Sport or Track. No drone and great sound. That Said, left ear is pretty bad - what noise? Huh?

OP
OP
MidwayJ

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
There has always been a lot to be said for stealth if you have a tendency to do full throttle rev to the redline blasts now and then in semi rural populated areas. Its better that nobody notices or even if they do notice they don't get pissed when you drive nearby shifting at 7K. I learned decades ago that attracting attention with a loud exhaust has no upside if you enjoy full throttle high rev blasts whenever you get the opportunity.

A Ruby Red Mustang already attracts PLENTY of attention.

Plus it is nice to be able to talk with a passenger without shouting.

FYI my stock 18 GT's (non active) exhaust is "tastefully" louder than my stock 15's was but it doesn't seem significantly different at around town or freeway top gear light throttle cruising speeds/rpm.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
My wife changes active exhaust to “track” every time she starts the car.
Me too. I’m 67 and just loving my Coyote. I know track mode can be a “little” obnoxious but I really do not care. Of course I’m in quiet mode within my community. :giggle:

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
What setting on the active exhaust is the non active exhaust equal to? Im assuming the non active uses all 4 tips? While the active only uses 2 at a time? I would think the non active is as loud as the active sport or track with valves all open?
So that is why when I drive around with my exhaust at Track mode the 2 inside tips are darker than the outside ones. Does this mean that driving the car with normal setting will darken all 4 tips? Guess I need to drive in normal mode more to find out.

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
The intent of this appears to be to tone down the sound of an existing Borla S type or Atak exhaust. It wouldn't be needed for someone buying a Borla Touring catcack.
That's what their website says but you can with their touring. Had both on a V8. I would say try the touring cat back. If too loud get the borla resenator. They go right in place of their xpipe.

OP
OP
MidwayJ

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
That's what their website says but you can with their touring. Had both on a V8. I would say try the touring cat back. If too loud get the borla resenator. They go right in place of their xpipe.
From the sound clips I have heard, I would not find the V6 Borla Touring catback to be too loud. I would probably be OK even with the S type. As long as there's no drone as advertised.

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I'm not even 40 yet and I think the '18 stock GT exhaust is just right. I also think it sounds awesome, overall. I also don't feel like I need a very loud exhaust system to draw attention to myself or the car. At WOT it already is capable of drawing enough attention. As stock, people still notice as I'm driving around downtown, etc. Plus, as good as the engine sounds, I still listen to music a lot while in the car, and a louder system would drown out the stereo. The stock system already does drown out the stereo a little bit during acceleration.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Had a borla sport sounded good , but the drone at cruise drove me crazy . Now with a 3 inch Corsa extreme music it to my ears . And it is loud when you want it to be . 50 plus here

Wvmike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP
MBRP street for me.
Sponsored