icodyonline

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
So, another day, another mod or three :devil:

Let's start with tires. "You already changin' 'em new tires?" Yes, yes I am :crackup:
The Sport Cup 2s are amazing tires. At the factory, they are coated with glue. They go with the PP2 like powdered sugar on a funnel cake.

So why change them? A few reasons (in no particular order)
1) Street-use: I'm wasting these tires by using them for my daily commute. All tires stick to the ground when you're crawling at 5 mph in Miami traffic. Technically, you don't even need them when you are all stopped trying to coordinate traffic with hand (well, finger) signals :curse:
2) Track/auto-x: I will autox again, but not in the next 5000 miles. Or 10k, maybe in 20k miles or 6 months, alas, whichever comes last :frown: all of which are way past the useful life of these tires.
3) Wet performance: this is South Florida summer. If it's sunny in the morning, it'll rain in the afternoon. If it's raining in the morning, it'll rain in the afternoon. If the weather girls see their own shadow, it'll rain in the afternoon. If Rick Sanchez comes back to channel 7, it'll rain in the afternoon. If he stays in Si En En, it'll rain in the afternoon. I've already gone thru the balding tires on a sports car experience. I don't need the death grip on the steering wheel hoping you don't pull a donut on the highway feeling again :crazy:
4) Looks: the 305 square setup is awesome, but the tires looked stretched on the larger rear rim. Also, having people ask me what model year it is and that it's in such great shape for an aging car with bald tires gets old quick :explode::cwl:

So, I swapped them for Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Business in the front (305s) and party (325) in the back! I've put ~200 miles on them do far and I like them a lot. The car still feels solid, turns well, and looks awesome now that the front and rear poke are similar.

But enough of that. I know my audience and you all want to see pics, so here you go:
20190425_143949.jpg

Oh look, tires with thread on them!
20190425_143931.jpg

I'll post a follow up on them once I've put more miles on them and done a few more spirited driving and turns :like:

Edit: I kept the SC2s (they have less than 400 miles on them) and will likely be selling them, unless I keep them for autox. Since I haven't autox in years, any tires will do for when I get back into it. IF I ever get back into it... I have a daughter and my weekends are all about dance and gymnastics rather than car racing lol
You put 325 and 305 on 19 x 9 wheels?
Sponsored

5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
So, another day, another mod or three :devil:

Let's start with tires. "You already changin' 'em new tires?" Yes, yes I am :crackup:
The Sport Cup 2s are amazing tires. At the factory, they are coated with glue. They go with the PP2 like powdered sugar on a funnel cake.

So why change them? A few reasons (in no particular order)
1) Street-use: I'm wasting these tires by using them for my daily commute. All tires stick to the ground when you're crawling at 5 mph in Miami traffic. Technically, you don't even need them when you are all stopped trying to coordinate traffic with hand (well, finger) signals :curse:
2) Track/auto-x: I will autox again, but not in the next 5000 miles. Or 10k, maybe in 20k miles or 6 months, alas, whichever comes last :frown: all of which are way past the useful life of these tires.
3) Wet performance: this is South Florida summer. If it's sunny in the morning, it'll rain in the afternoon. If it's raining in the morning, it'll rain in the afternoon. If the weather girls see their own shadow, it'll rain in the afternoon. If Rick Sanchez comes back to channel 7, it'll rain in the afternoon. If he stays in Si En En, it'll rain in the afternoon. I've already gone thru the balding tires on a sports car experience. I don't need the death grip on the steering wheel hoping you don't pull a donut on the highway feeling again :crazy:
4) Looks: the 305 square setup is awesome, but the tires looked stretched on the larger rear rim. Also, having people ask me what model year it is and that it's in such great shape for an aging car with bald tires gets old quick :explode::cwl:

So, I swapped them for Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Business in the front (305s) and party (325) in the back! I've put ~200 miles on them do far and I like them a lot. The car still feels solid, turns well, and looks awesome now that the front and rear poke are similar.

But enough of that. I know my audience and you all want to see pics, so here you go:
20190425_143949.jpg

Oh look, tires with thread on them!
20190425_143931.jpg

I'll post a follow up on them once I've put more miles on them and done a few more spirited driving and turns :like:

Edit: I kept the SC2s (they have less than 400 miles on them) and will likely be selling them, unless I keep them for autox. Since I haven't autox in years, any tires will do for when I get back into it. IF I ever get back into it... I have a daughter and my weekends are all about dance and gymnastics rather than car racing lol
Living in S. FL I’m with ya on that rain thing. If Vivian Gonzalez drinks a protein shake after her workout it’ll rain in the afternoon.

OP
OP
m0.s550

m0.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ulixes
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic Mustang GT PP2
You put 325 and 305 on 19 x 9 wheels?
Not exactly... the PP2s come with 19x10.5 fronts and 19x11 rears. So the 305 and 325 tires fit good on those :thumbsup:

OP
OP
m0.s550

m0.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ulixes
Vehicle(s)
Living in S. FL I’m with ya on that rain thing. If Vivian Gonzalez drinks a protein shake after her workout it’ll rain in the afternoon.
I may have to start watching the morning news again just for her :inlove::crackup:

Sponsored

icodyonline

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Not exactly... the PP2s come with 19x10.5 fronts and 19x11 rears. So the 305 and 325 tires fit good on those :thumbsup:
I really want to stick 295 square on my 19 GT. Do you think a 20x10 or 20x10.5 would fit on the front without having to do any mods? I still have stock suspension.

OP
OP
m0.s550

m0.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ulixes
Vehicle(s)
I really want to stick 295 square on my 19 GT. Do you think a 20x10 or 20x10.5 would fit on the front without having to do any mods? I still have stock suspension.
That, I really am not sure of, since you're going to a taller wheel. Maybe reach out to a few of the wheel vendors to double check (Velgen or one of the others).

saichotic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Ruby Red
Hey, great posts! Please keep updated on future mods and such. Just got myself a PP2 in Ruby Red factory ordered. Thinking about putting the SC2s in storage and swap on PS4S in 285/35/19 square. Hopefully it's more comfortable in the streets, and swap back SC2s for AutoX/Roadcoarses

OP
OP
m0.s550

m0.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ulixes
Vehicle(s)
Hey, great posts! Please keep updated on future mods and such. Just got myself a PP2 in Ruby Red factory ordered. Thinking about putting the SC2s in storage and swap on PS4S in 285/35/19 square. Hopefully it's more comfortable in the streets, and swap back SC2s for AutoX/Roadcoarses
Cool! You'll love the PP2! The wait is the harder part :crazy:

Btw, I would suggest at least 305 in the rear. The SC2s 305s are already stretched out on the rear 19x11 wheels, so 285 may not work there. In the front you can probably get away with that width (those are 19x10.5) but then you won't have the square setup
Sponsored