2020 Shelby GT500 and GT350 Dealer Allocation

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
The painted on stripes are 25% too. So a performance pack with stripes will be the one to have.
If you are buying your car from a dealer that gets a "GOLDEN TICKET" (huge volume dealer) then you will probably get lucky. If not then you will be relegated to the base car and vinyl stripes like the bulk of us.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The painted on stripes are 25% too. So a performance pack with stripes will be the one to have.
why not take the unadorned car to a proper painter who knows what they are doing? I am not aware of any great praise being heaped on Ford's paint shop. Then again over-the-top means you can change color and width down the road whenever the mood strikes. Personally I like a 2-tone look like say one each medium gray and silver 8" wide.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
why not take the unadorned car to a proper painter who knows what they are doing? I am not aware of any great praise being heaped on Ford's paint shop. Then again over-the-top means you can change color and width down the road whenever the mood strikes. Personally I like a 2-tone look like say one each medium gray and silver 8" wide.
You actually are on to something. Are you "aware" that Ford has never done this before???? Its True. They have not "Painted" stripes on cars before. Thats what I was told. Iam not talking about putting on the vinyl stripes as thats a completely different animal than painting. I had dual "Painted Stripes" put on a Challenger about 6 or 7 years ago by a very reliable and good body shop where I live. It set me back over $5,200 so my guess is these "Painted Stripes" are going to be very EXPENSIVE.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Are you "aware" that Ford has never done this before???? Its True. They have not "Painted" stripes on cars before.
Did I miss the sarcasm tag? Why would there be any collectible "value" to painted-on stripes from a second-rate factory paint shop? I would have thought factory stripes would be a demerit.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Did I miss the sarcasm tag? Why would there be any collectible "value" to painted-on stripes from a second-rate factory paint shop? I would have thought factory stripes would be a demerit.
No one knows for sure about the "Quality" issue of the stripes. Maybe they will be fantastic. I have no idea and only the insiders at Ford Performance know that but I would think for a car of this incredible stature the painted stripes would be great to have. My only point is I think many will be more than happy with the Vinyl Stripes. Just an educated guess now: My guess is the Vinyl stripes will be around $995 and the painted stripes probably around $8,000 or even more. When I had my stripes painted on my Challenger they had the car for 2 1/2 days. Its a much bigger process than a person thinks.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Factory painting is usually better than what is done at aftermarket paint shops unless you go to some very high end place. I also wouldn't paint the stripes on the car after the fact because the painted on stripe option will be in the VIN so you would kill the collectability of the car by painting it aftermarket.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Factory painting is usually better than what is done at aftermarket paint shops unless you go to some very high end place. I also wouldn't paint the stripes on the car after the fact because the painted on stripe option will be in the VIN so you would kill the collectability of the car by painting it aftermarket.
I fully agree 100%. I would love to have the painted stripes but since my dealer is not a Golden Ticket Dealer I will be relegated to go with the Vinyl Stripes. Don't ask me my opinion of the Golden Ticket thing because I don't want to hurt your ears with my new cuss words. I think the whole thing with the Golden Ticket B S and then throw in the ADM BS is just such a crock.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
I fully agree 100%. I would love to have the painted stripes but since my dealer is not a Golden Ticket Dealer I will be relegated to go with the Vinyl Stripes. Don't ask me my opinion of the Golden Ticket thing because I don't want to hurt your ears with my new cuss words. I think the whole thing with the Golden Ticket B S and then throw in the ADM BS is just such a crock.
Hi Chuck. I too am ordering my GT500 from a small dealer with only one gaurunteed allocation. I am still going to ask for the painted on stripes and hope for the best if not I'll just take the stickers. I am in for an MSRP deal but have to sweat because of all the ADM madness and other dealerships poaching for the small dealer allocations. Same thing happened when I bought my GT350 in 2016. Did you go through similar things when you bought the Redeye?

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Hi Chuck. I too am ordering my GT500 from a small dealer with only one gaurunteed allocation. I am still going to ask for the painted on stripes and hope for the best if not I'll just take the stickers. I am in for an MSRP deal but have to sweat because of all the ADM madness and other dealerships poaching for the small dealer allocations. Same thing happened when I bought my GT350 in 2016. Did you go through similar things when you bought the Redeye?
Hi Melange_X3; I feel you and I should become friends. I love Southern California oh so much!!!! My wife and I have rented a condo in Feb. in Oceanside twice and once on the Boardwalk in San Diego and we loved it oh so dearly. Just wish I could afford to buy something on the ocean but thats not gonna happen when they start at 2 Million and go way up from there. Kinda like the Shelbys!!!!! LOL. As far as the Redeye Hellcat goes I did NOT have a problem on the "Price" of the car at all. I called a local dealer that I've bought atleast 8 or 9 cars from over the decades and he gave me something around $5,200 off the sticker price which was around $88K. It was the wide body version with the 797HP Demon engine. But thats where the "Happy Story Ends". It took me 11 months to get this car. They went thru all kinds of sub supplier constraints etc etc. I refused to change my order so I just waited it out on the whole thing. I ended up making a couple of good contacts (future reference) actually at the Headquarters of Dodge. The Redeyes are built in Brampton, Ontario Canada but all the people with the real power are at Headquarters in Michigan. If you ever decide to order one we can exchange info. In all honesty I loved the car very much and when I started it up it sounded like a Harley Hog as it really had a rumble of a sound. But when I saw for the "First Time" the 2020 SHELBY GT 500 I said "WOW, I SURE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE BABYS!!!!!!". My wife said "OH NO HERE WE GO AGAIN, ANOTHER FRIKKIN CAR"!!!!!! I want a new piece of jewelry". Ha Ha. LOL Needless to say we've been married for a long time and we tolerate each others expensive habits. I sold the Redeye thru the Hellcat Forum which is very similar to this forum except its for Hellcats. A really nice guy from Little Rock, Arkansas came up with his trailor and bought it. Of course, thats a long story made short. What city do you live in???? Iam in Omaha.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
Hi Melange_X3; I feel you and I should become friends. I love Southern California oh so much!!!! My wife and I have rented a condo in Feb. in Oceanside twice and once on the Boardwalk in San Diego and we loved it oh so dearly. Just wish I could afford to buy something on the ocean but thats not gonna happen when they start at 2 Million and go way up from there. Kinda like the Shelbys!!!!! LOL. As far as the Redeye Hellcat goes I did NOT have a problem on the "Price" of the car at all. I called a local dealer that I've bought atleast 8 or 9 cars from over the decades and he gave me something around $5,200 off the sticker price which was around $88K. It was the wide body version with the 797HP Demon engine. But thats where the "Happy Story Ends". It took me 11 months to get this car. They went thru all kinds of sub supplier constraints etc etc. I refused to change my order so I just waited it out on the whole thing. I ended up making a couple of good contacts (future reference) actually at the Headquarters of Dodge. The Redeyes are built in Brampton, Ontario Canada but all the people with the real power are at Headquarters in Michigan. If you ever decide to order one we can exchange info. In all honesty I loved the car very much and when I started it up it sounded like a Harley Hog as it really had a rumble of a sound. But when I saw for the "First Time" the 2020 SHELBY GT 500 I said "WOW, I SURE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE BABYS!!!!!!". My wife said "OH NO HERE WE GO AGAIN, ANOTHER FRIKKIN CAR"!!!!!! I want a new piece of jewelry". Ha Ha. LOL Needless to say we've been married for a long time and we tolerate each others expensive habits. I sold the Redeye thru the Hellcat Forum which is very similar to this forum except its for Hellcats. A really nice guy from Little Rock, Arkansas came up with his trailor and bought it. Of course, thats a long story made short. What city do you live in???? Iam in Omaha.
Hi again Chuck. I live in LA. Lots of Sun and beautiful weather. Pleaese let me know how your experience is going with trying to buy a Shelby GT500. It is not an easy process for me. I have to go very far to go and get one at MSRP. Between the dealers who want to get heavy markups and the profiteers who will buy them and sell them on EBAY for a markup it wil be hard to get one at MSRP. I am a life long Shelby fan and have a GT350 that I will keep as long as I live. The goal is to add the GT500 to the collection. Good luck with your quest to join Team Shelby!

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Hi again Chuck. I live in LA. Lots of Sun and beautiful weather. Pleaese let me know how your experience is going with trying to buy a Shelby GT500. It is not an easy process for me. I have to go very far to go and get one at MSRP. Between the dealers who want to get heavy markups and the profiteers who will buy them and sell them on EBAY for a markup it wil be hard to get one at MSRP. I am a life long Shelby fan and have a GT350 that I will keep as long as I live. The goal is to add the GT500 to the collection. Good luck with your quest to join Team Shelby!
Iam very comfortable with my small town Nebraska Dealer. I truly don't think they will play games with me at all. Just really anxious to hear when the Order Bank opens so I can get the order in and hopefully get a VIN. Thats one thing I learned over the years: Until the factory actually "accepts" your order and gives you a VIN you really don't have anything. Trust me on that one. I put in a order for a Z51 Vette years ago and waited for over 6 months and I was quite naieve at the time. The moral of the story is you need to get "acceptence" and a "VIN" from the factory. Just putting the order into the system doesn't mean a damn thing with these big companies.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
Iam very comfortable with my small town Nebraska Dealer. I truly don't think they will play games with me at all. Just really anxious to hear when the Order Bank opens so I can get the order in and hopefully get a VIN. Thats one thing I learned over the years: Until the factory actually "accepts" your order and gives you a VIN you really don't have anything. Trust me on that one. I put in a order for a Z51 Vette years ago and waited for over 6 months and I was quite naieve at the time. The moral of the story is you need to get "acceptence" and a "VIN" from the factory. Just putting the order into the system doesn't mean a damn thing with these big companies.
Thanks for the
This aint Tinder
X3

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Just got a text from a buddy of mine that he has began to partner with a well-respected dealer in the SoCal area. He told me that the dealer he’s working with does not like to put on crazy markups and is looking to sell close to MSRP as possible. PM me and I can put you into contact with my friend to get more concrete details from him directly.

I have no affiliation with him other than being friends and I have no financial incentive. He’s just helped to get me great deals on a ton of parts in the past so I thought I’d spread the word for him as a favor.
yea, ok...….