Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
My Velocity Blue in the shade. It is close to Lightning Blue, which is a bit deeper and a metallic. Velocity blue is a pearl which glows in direct sunlight, where metallics have more sparkle effect.
VooBlue.jpg

Sponsored

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
Anyone with an orange fury? I think thatā€™s what Iā€™m going to be ordering- havenā€™t seen it in person as of yet

Amacron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Not a big fan of the gray side striping. The white looked way better imo.

Sponsored

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
D6E1DA6E-D894-445E-B0E7-A313F7A345D3.png
B882C911-C239-4BCF-9408-399CDC31CAFD.png
E0672F74-FE61-45ED-8A9F-605BBEE36B2C.jpeg

2018 Orange Fury
Located in PA- sales manager said heā€™ll do 61xxx he just wants to move it.... only thing holding me back is it has the upgraded seats and I want the recaros..... beautiful color though... the blues Iā€™m a big fan of also- two dif. Extremes -

GT350Old&New

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350's '67 and '16
Some Color Considerations fro an industry study, beyond personal preferences which are perfectly fine too...

FYI/consideration, this 2016 article mentions a 2013 auto color/resale value study What colors give your car the best resale value " https://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-colors-give-your-car-the-best-resale-value/ ...a study done by automotive website https://iSeeCars.com shows that orange and yellow cars hold their value the best. Orange vehicles from 2013 saw an average depreciation of 21.6 percent, while yellow cars declined 22 percent. By comparison, the average 2013 car saw a depreciation of nearly 30 percent.

Why should orange and yellow cars be worth more than the most popular colors, like black, white, silver and gray? It is a question of supply and demand, said Phong Ly, CEO of iSeeCars.com., which surveyed 1.6 million sales of 2013 cars over the year ending June 30.

"The more unusual colors such as orange and yellow are not as readily available, yet they are popular with enough buyers to create a demand that directly affects their resale value," he said.

"Orange and yellow also tend to be favorite colors for what might loosely be called modern muscle cars, such as the Ford Mustang, Chevrolet Camaro and Dodge Challenger, as well as high-performance sports cars like the Chevrolet Corvette and Dodge Viper."

"In addition, orange sports and muscle cars in the survey averaged about 25 percent lower mileage on the odometer than the average 2013 car. Ly suggests that's because most owners do not use these cars for their daily commute."

"Orange cars have been a lot more visible on streets and highways in recent years, but the color has a long history. The original 1964 Ā½ Ford Mustang came in a color called Poppy Red that, despite its name, was clearly orange. With its 1970 models, Ford owned up to the true color with a shade called Grabber Orange."

"More recently, the Dodge Challenger offered an orange hue through the 1990s, and the car is still available in that color. Ford Mustang has continued to offer orange options, calling the color Competition Orange on current models. Chevrolet Camaro had Inferno Orange from the 2010 to 2013 models, then Red Rock Metallic (really orange) for 2014 and 2015. Current Camaros do not [currently] offer an orange choice."

Our 2016 GT350 (Track Pack) is Competition Orange w/White Stripes - at car shows, we call it the "Creamsicle" (after the frozen orange & white Popsicle product). It was a surprise retirement present. The 14th of August is National CreamsicleĀ® Day in the United States BTW.

At first I thought Orange "was a bit tough to take," and wondered if a matching/classic white w/blue striped '16 GT350 would pair better with our '67 white w/blue striped GT350. Well I got used to the Competition Orange, and like it now. The wife pointed out the white-striped Competition Orange GT350 is relatively rare (only ~30+ ), she also located the above iSeeCars color study on resale values.

The study seems accurate, most of our vehicles are/have been white, silver, red, or black which follow industry trends mentioned in the study. We did have a fun color - what I'd call a Metallic Raspberry F150 stepside/"Flareside" (Ford called the color "Iris") for many years. It was the featured in Ford truck in 1992 promo advertising. Now just have a big fat white King Ranch dually with a Ranch Hand pipe bumper up front to keep full-sized critters out of the radiator. No Ranch Hands for GT350's though. I recall Car & Driver mentioned a road-killed a big fat racoon which cost them $3,684 in repairs on their recently retired, long-term GT350...

BTW, We've been around Mustangs/Shelby Mustangs a long time... beyond the 16 GT350 5.2L Competition Orange w/White Stripes - we also have/had...

70 Mustang Convertible 351C Candy Apple Red, White Interior
69 Mach I 351W Candy Apple Red White Interior (sold)
67 Shelby GT350 289HiPo Wimbledon White w/Guardsman Blue Stripes
66 Mustang GT 289 Candy Apple Red White Interior (sold)
Jeeps, trucks, trailers, tractor/loader/backhoe & UTVs
92 Ford Flareside Iris color promo postcard.jpg

adherrera722

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adison
Vehicle(s)
17' Shelby GT350
Saw a post on instagram talking about the rare colors for the 350. Knew any 2015 is rare but was curious to see just how many colors are out there and how many of each were made. Did a few google searches for the production sheets (2015-2018; 19' is not out yet) and threw this chart together. Thought I would share with the group. All I know is I now want to find a 17' Grabber Blue GT350R

Total GT350 & GT350R.png

GT350.png

GT350R.png
Sponsored

Last edited: