New owner of 1523

JJR512

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 50 Years LE #1523
Hello! My name is Justin. This is my first post here. I recently bought #1523. It's a Wimbledon White manual. I got it on March 11.

I searched here for "1523" and found one result, a comment in a thread about mileages. It was made by someone who said he bought it new with six miles from a dealership in VA. It was the only post he ever made, and hasn't logged on in over four years. Nevertheless, I sent him a private message, hoping he has the same email and it gets to him somehow.

When I bought it, it had some mods already on it. Most obvious was an MMD V-series spoiler. It also has a Roush CAI, an MBRP Race-series catback, and an RTR shift knob that's an off-white that goes pretty well with the cream-colored leather. What I didn't know until another Mustang owner pointed it out is that it has a short-throw shifter. I don't know what brand or model.

I've done a few things myself. I replaced the rear quarter markers with clear LED units; I think clear looks good with white paint (even thought it's not exactly white). I replaced the backup bulb with an LED one that also works as a fourth brake light. Finally, I replaced the front turn signals with progressive ones from Opt7...however, I might replace those with another brand. The Opt7 ones light up white unless they're actually indicating a turn. I don't like that; I want them to be amber. I've found two brands that are only amber, never white.

I don't plan on doing any significant changes to the appearance. The appearance is part of what makes this car special, in my opinion. That being said, anything I do will be undoable in case I ever want to return it to a stock look. But for performance, I'm more open to modding. I'll add future plans in a comment below.

Anyway I've been reading here and I've already learned some good stuff about this car, and I look forward to learning more and getting to know all of you!
Sponsored

OP
OP

JJR512

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 50 Years LE #1523
Future plans...

I'm going to do some suspension mods. Lowering springs, just a small amount, like one inch. Some other related suspension mods, probably all from BMR. Sway bars, some parts to reduce wheel hop, some chassis stiffening, etc. Everything I'll be doing is with street driving in mind; no drag or track racing. I've spoken with Kelly at BMR and he's helped me pick out some parts.

Next, some engine stuff. The Roush CAI has an insert to restrict the tube to 80-something mm (I forget the exact number) so a tune isn't required. (I'm pretty sure it has that restriction insert in it because I used 87 octane the first week or so, and it ran fine, which it wouldn't do if it was tuned.) I'd like to remove the restrictor insert, get the throttle body replaced with a bigger one (probably 87mm from GT350), and replace the intake manifold with the ported 2018 one that in testing has shown to be second only to the Cobra Jet one but much less expensive. Once I get all that together, I'll get it installed, then tuned.

I don't know that I'll be doing much more for engine performance than that. A full forced induction system is beyond what I can do right now, and honestly, for street driving (no racing) I don't think I'll need all that power.

I'm also actively looking into replacing the exhaust. The MBRP Race sounds great but it has awful drone around 1500-2000. I've watched videos on YT but nothing beats hearing something in person, and so far, I've had difficulty finding someone it the local Mustang clubs that has a catback with very few other mods. I'm leaning towards Borla ATAK, but I'm concerned about the X-pipe. The MBRP has an H-pipe, and it's my understanding that H-pipes have the low rumbly sound whereas X-pipes have a more raspy sound. And I like the low rumbly sound. Like I said, I love the sound and volume of the MBRP; I want to have a similar sound and volume but without the drone.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Pictures please!!!!! lol