Sponsored

What kind of mods is everyone doing to increase NA power gt350?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I try to do my research before making decisions. I wouldn’t have my factory heads ported and polished I would replace them with heads that are ported and polished. These aren’t the ones I would choose just an example. The are over priced.
212538B8-C2F6-47CE-9453-A8C786509E00.png
That’s the price for the stock heads .
Sponsored

JJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350, trans am ws6, G80
Livernois sells ported heads. I had a stock throttle body ported by AJ at Junkie Performance. If going the full NA route with heads, cam, CJ intake and full exhaust, I would also upgrade to billet OPG, crank sprocket and timing chain tensioners.
Any idea on how much HP gain on ported heads from Livernois? And how much are they?

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I did not get a quote from them when I outreached back in November 2018 but they did state about a 30hp gain depending on octane and timing which I took to mean tuning with E85.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Forgot about Airflow Solutions. I contacted them as well and not only do they do the ported throttle body, they sell a ported GT350 intake as well. Best gains would be installed as a package from my discussions with them. Not as big a bang as a ported CJ intake and ported throttle body but you do not have to remove the strut tower brace.

OP
OP
Deathvalleysc

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
It almost sounds like it would be cheaper and more power to go Gen5 whipple 3.0

Sponsored

OP
OP
Deathvalleysc

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
procharger probably cheapest and most hp for the $.
I would like to stay NA for now but the cost to do so with the results that you would get doesn’t make it worth it from what I’m seeing. All the whipple builds I’ve seen have the best results. I know the system is about $2k cheaper but it seems like the whipple makes atleast 100+ more hp. I’ve seen some whipple setups with upgraded fuel systems, pulley and e85 hitting 900+ rwhp.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to stay NA for now but the cost to do so with the results that you would get doesn’t make it worth it from what I’m seeing. All the whipple builds I’ve seen have the best results. I know the system is about $2k cheaper but it seems like the whipple makes atleast 100+ more hp. I’ve seen some whipple setups with upgraded fuel systems, pulley and e85 hitting 900+ rwhp.
i'm sure the procharger guys would disagree. compare similar boost levels, tune, etc. the procharger is an awesome system and pulls HARD where it counts on the voodoo. also i have no dog in this fight. i'm open to either.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Always cheaper to go FI as far as bang for the buck as opposed to staying NA. I may consider a Vortech kit when my warranty is up. Not as much horsepower and torque as a Whipple set up. I would think that you are probably looking at a clutch as a supporting mod to handle the extra torque if you want to do it really right out of the box with the Whipple which adds to the cost. You also lose the strut tower brace with a Whipple. Not knocking it in any way because they make major power. It's a great set up!

Last edited:
Reactions: JJ

Sponsored

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
That would be cool. Must have lowering mounts for the engine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Deathvalleysc

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
i'm sure the procharger guys would disagree. compare similar boost levels, tune, etc. the procharger is an awesome system and pulls HARD where it counts on the voodoo. also i have no dog in this fight. i'm open to either.
I’m not here to debate. Only to learn. My statement was on what I’ve seen on YouTube. If I decide to go that route I’ll do more research. The hellion twin turbo kit is another amazing option but the price is a little steep. I may just start upgrading a lot of the support components (driveshaft,half shafts, clutch, etc....) to support the power for later. My warranty runs out in August. I’ve never had good experiences with warranty’s anyway. I will try to take advantage of the warranty before it runs out to fix the rear bumper gap though.

OP
OP
Deathvalleysc

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I was really hoping for more NA options that were somewhat cheap to get some good hp gains. Wishful thinking!

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
I was really hoping for more NA options that were somewhat cheap to get some good hp gains. Wishful thinking!
Lol! Yep, you and a lot of us are certainly wishful. BUT reality is to get any more than 510 -520whp NA is going to cost big time. Temptation is always there. Just a question of are you Really needing more power, are you adamant about keeping it NA as designed and true to it's heritage, AND are you prepared to go down that rabbit hole??

OP
OP
Deathvalleysc

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Lol! Yep, you and a lot of us are certainly wishful. BUT reality is to get any more than 510 -520whp NA is going to cost big time. Temptation is always there. Just a question of are you Really needing more power, are you adamant about keeping it NA as designed and true to it's heritage, AND are you prepared to go down that rabbit hole??
Can I choose all the above. Lol
Sponsored