Sponsored

What kind of mods is everyone doing to increase NA power gt350?

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I’m trying to see how much NA power I can get out of my 2016 GT350. I wanted to see what kind of mods people are doing to get the most power without boosting. At the moment I have Kooks headers with green cats and full Kooks exhaust, JLT intake and my car has been dyno tuned at a local shop. My car made 454 hp at the wheels on a Mustang dyno which converts to around 510 on a dynojet. My next mod will be a E85 kit. What other mods can I do to get more without boost? And what kind of numbers will I get from those mods. I would love to get to 550-600 rwhp on dynojet NA. The 454 I made on a mustang dyno was in a shop that was 105 degrees and with a 4th gear pull. Will dyno higher in 5th but not as safe. Please post your thoughts.
Sponsored

SnakeAndSteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
First place to start would be a tune and then modify the tune as intake, exhaust and the like are added.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Ported throttle body, E85, carbon fiber drive shaft and lighter wheels to reduce rotational mass. If you want to go further, a ported Corbra Jet intake manifold which would require a different throttle body and intake to match and lowering the engine with engine mounts to fit under the stock hood requiring removal of the engine brace. That may get you close to 530 or so N/A. After that, cams, which are now available if you want to crack open the engine, but that's all for bolt ons.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Deathvalleysc

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Ported throttle body, E85, carbon fiber drive shaft and lighter wheels to reduce rotational mass. If you want to go further, a ported Corbra Jet intake manifold which would require a different throttle body and intake to match and lowering the engine with engine mounts to fit under the stock hood requiring engine removal of theb engine brace. That may get you close to 530 or so N/A. After that, cams, which are now available if you want to crack open the engine, but that's all for bolt ons.
I’m at around 510 now. I was hoping for E85 to get me to around 525-530. I’ve seen the video on the cobra jet intake. I’ll have to check on the ported throttle body. Thanks for the info. Good stuff. I may look into port and polished heads. I would like to hear from someone that done that.

Sponsored

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
I would be very careful in having someone dick with those ports. Ford spent a lot of time in R&D and they are C&C ported and are very good. It is very easy to go the wrong way on ports and do more damage than good.

OP
OP
Deathvalleysc

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I would be very careful in having someone dick with those ports. Ford spent a lot of time in R&D and they are C&C ported and are very good. It is very easy to go the wrong way on ports and do more damage than good.
I try to do my research before making decisions. I wouldn’t have my factory heads ported and polished I would replace them with heads that are ported and polished. These aren’t the ones I would choose just an example. The are over priced.
212538B8-C2F6-47CE-9453-A8C786509E00.png

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Livernois sells ported heads. I had a stock throttle body ported by AJ at Junkie Performance. If going the full NA route with heads, cam, CJ intake and full exhaust, I would also upgrade to billet OPG, crank sprocket and timing chain tensioners.

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
Might also ck FED (Frankenstein Engine Dynamics) for ported heads. Spoke w/ Air Flow Systems recently and they offer ported TB. Cams are just now coming out from L&M. These are in addition to the Livernois and Junkie Performance offerings mentioned. Happy hunting!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Deathvalleysc

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Great stuff guys. Thanks for the replies. A lot of good info. As much as I can get the better.

OP
OP
Deathvalleysc

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Hey, we are all here as true car guys to learn, share, and enjoy the experience!
Well said, I would like to see what the most NA hp GT350 is at and with what mods. I figured this forum would be a great place to start.