MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
So how many seniors have replaced the stock exhaust with something louder? :wink: As a kid I used to smile when my dad would be aggravated by loud exhausts going by our house. I did it with my V6 but went back to stock because of drone. I probably do have less tolerance for that compared to younger days. I will eventually try something else, though, 'cause stock is too quiet. :)
Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

Still stock but exploring a mild axle back while retaining the factory resonator to eliminate/mitigate drone.
At 50 I am kinda enjoying the stock quietness though tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
My 2019 is pretty loud stock. I wouldn't want more sound than the car came with. It sounds pretty sick the way she came though and the sound makes people's heads turn for sure. 56 so a rookie senior I guess LOL.

OP
OP
MidwayJ

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
My 2019 is pretty loud stock. I wouldn't want more sound than the car came with. It sounds pretty sick the way she came though and the sound makes people's heads turn for sure. 56 so a rookie senior I guess LOL.
I get it. I would be fine with an 18+ GT with active exhaust for sure. Have not heard a non active 2018+.

Sponsored

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
What setting on the active exhaust is the non active exhaust equal to? Im assuming the non active uses all 4 tips? While the active only uses 2 at a time? I would think the non active is as loud as the active sport or track with valves all open?

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
BTW Im 58 and still love a loud exhaust which is why my new build has the active. Cant wait to get her and will do the H pipe for sure if it doesn't drone with the active exhaust.

Kmp013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 1990 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 4X4 1971 Chevrolet C20
BTW Im 58 and still love a loud exhaust which is why my new build has the active. Cant wait to get her and will do the H pipe for sure if it doesn't drone with the active exhaust.
I have the active exhaust and put in the Steeda X-Pipe and there is no drone. The normal setting is loud but there is no drone ever with the x-pipe.

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Recaros, 07 4Runner V8
Vehicle Showcase
Right now, I'm happy with how loud the exhaust is. Never did like street exhaust that was obnoxiously loud that basically says "Look at me! I'm making noise!!"

If I did change anything, I'd try to find a setup to get a lower, deeper rumble, like my now-gone Chevelle 396 had (will never sound the same, I know).

Sponsored

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Recaros, 07 4Runner V8
Vehicle Showcase

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
So how many seniors have replaced the stock exhaust with something louder? :wink: As a kid I used to smile when my dad would be aggravated by loud exhausts going by our house. I did it with my V6 but went back to stock because of drone. I probably do have less tolerance for that compared to younger days. I will eventually try something else, though, 'cause stock is too quiet. :)
Did the Magnaflow Street Catback on my 16 PP. It was too loud. I was fine with it but when my wife was a passenger she would whine. Had a neighbor with a newborn that wasn't real happy with me as well. The 19 with active exhaust works well. You set it on "quiet start" and move to "normal" when you're ready. Normal is loud enough for me but you can always make it louder as needed.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Me :rockon:

MBRP Street Catback exhaust on mine.

Love it but some old guy ( Probably as old as me ? ) called the cops on me twice now in the past month saying I'm ripping thru the neighborhood. I'm definitely not doing that. I don't want to be that guy. Cops think it's funny btw.

FWIW a police officer friend of mine help me install the exhaust. The exhaust on his Mustang is even louder than mine :sunglasses:
Sponsored