Sponsored

Handling package - Adjustable strut top mounts?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I know these questions sound absurd, but I’m just trying to be nice by giving my dealer the benefit of the doubt on what I actually believe is a botched factory camber plate (adjustable strut top mount) install.

Does anyone else with dealer-installed, factory camber plates have their Passenger Side plate on their Driver side, and vice versa? Are there actually different kits for LHD vs. RHD models?

I just picked up my new ’19 with the Handling Package last weekend, and I have found that the plate sticker on my Driver side says, “PASSENGER SIDE,” and vice versa. Aside from all the nonsense the dealer has been feeding me on this, is it at all possible that this is correct and/or they were shipped a RHD camber plate kit for my car?

Again, I know this all sounds absurd, but I’m scheduled to get this fixed (at a different dealer) this week, and I sure don’t want to find out later that they were supposed to be this way.
That wouldn’t make sense for a few reasons. I think if they made different versions, they’d label them left/right instead of driver/passenger to avoid confusion, or give each plate a separate part number based solely on its mounting position. The part is specific to the GT350/GT500, which aren’t made in right hand drive version like the EcoBoost and GTs, that is unless they’re going to offer them alone at a later date for use in all Mustangs.
Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I checked the install video for the Steeda camber plates, and they work fine on either side, but they don't have a caster adjustment - it's fixed.

So, if the Ford plates are not caster-adjustable, they may be fine on either side. After all, once installed, they are delivering the proper alignment, and that's the whole point.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I checked the install video for the Steeda camber plates, and they work fine on either side, but they don't have a caster adjustment - it's fixed.

So, if the Ford plates are not caster-adjustable, they may be fine on either side. After all, once installed, they are delivering the proper alignment, and that's the whole point.
Agreed, just unsure it they are designed to add any fixed caster.. I doubt it though and assume you are right, but they def are labelled as being side specific.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Attached is a picture of the page from my French directions sheet with pictures of the plates. Ford has different part numbers for left and right and they look different to me. I think they are side specific.

Attachments

19GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Thank you for the valuable inputs! I'm convinced that my selling dealer botched my install, so I'll be taking it to another dealer to get it fixed. Thanks again!

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I don't see why these won't work on a GT.
Would someone provide their VIN to help me source the replacement part numbers? The numbers provided in this thread aren't finding it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
they should install them for free.... and they should align it after install, so good opportunity to ask for more aggressive specs if you want to track the car....
I had street alignment put in, no tramline

Vectors2Final

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 BL Navi L/19 GT350 Ruby
Mine are finally in the mail, and I should have them tomorrow or Monday.

They never came to the dealer, and had to reorder them.

Took a month, but I'm glad to check that block. I'll install them at some point.

OP
OP
MHdude

MHdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, Kona Blue w/ White Stripes
Mine are finally in the mail, and I should have them tomorrow or Monday.

They never came to the dealer, and had to reorder them.

Took a month, but I'm glad to check that block. I'll install them at some point.
Mine came in the mail last week...

Since the installation was included in the price, we shouldn't get charged for the installation at the ford dealership, correct?

Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Mine were installed by the factory and the gurney flap was in the trunk when the car was delivered. I find it odd that some cars ordered with them did not have them installed prior to delivery? And why would you expect to pay for install and alignment afterward?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Handling package is a dealer installed option. Says it in the order bank and on the window sticker. Ford pays the dealership to install the option at the dealership.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Mine were installed by the factory
It would be very unusual for the plates to be installed at the factory. They are shipped to the dealers parts department and installed at the dealership at no cost to the buyer as it is part of the handling package.
Sponsored