Early look at 2020 Shelby GT500 Options

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Too bad nobody (more or less) can actually buy a GT500 since, essentially, any given dealer will only be allotted one or two cars, the line is long, and in a lot of cases the dealer/owner, a buddy/insider or someone willing to pay significantly over MSRP will get the allotment. I don't see why Ford can't produce enough to meet demand. It's hard to get excited about such a car when your local dealer says it will be very, very hard (read, impossible) to get....
I can 1,000% feel your pain. Listen to my story for a second. I called well over 40 Ford Dealers thru out the country. I googled in many different ways and found out the big guys the little guys and the in between guys. They were all "SOLD OUT OR PRESOLD" and all at crazy high prices. Upon just at the edge of giving up I decided to change my strategy. I actually googled small and rural Ford Dealers in my area. At just about the give up point "Low and Behold" I found a dealer that had NOT SOLD his allocation of "ONE CAR". So I asked him if we could make a deal and " WE DID JUST THAT"!!!!!!! Almost like a miracle if you will. I had even looked into waiting for the 2021's and there were even "wait lists" for them too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I do consider myself extremely lucky to have a signed Purchase Order and the Fact that money has exchanged hands. Interesting that all these cars are "COMPLETELY SOLD OUT" PRICE UNSEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you suppose will happen when the prices get announced this week and they are much higher than people are expecting?????? You know the "OLD STICKER SHOCK THING"????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going to be an interesting and chaotic week. For the people that are paying $20,30, and 40K over MSRP THEY JUST MIGHT HAVE A VERY FRUSTRATING WEEK WHEN THEY FIND OUT THE PRICING ISN'T WHAT THEY EXPECTED IT TO BE.
Sponsored

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
Except the footer of the doc I have reads 6/18/2019. You can see it on the screenshot I provided. Is 1/25/19 the date it was first published?
The footer of the doc shows the print date - 6/18/19... for when they printed those pages. That date doesn't relate to the time the info on said doc was updated.

I could be wrong, but I think this is just a list of all options available. Some options will not be available unless you order the correct package. It will not allow them to order duplicate options. The pedestal spoiler will probably only be available to the carbon fiber track pack. You are right that the order guide will be key. You can also change some options after you've ordered until the order is pulled. This is a good thread about the ordering process and what to expect when ordering a vehicle from Ford. https://www.blueovalforums.com/foru...667-ford-vehicle-ordering-scheduling-process/
Yes, it's just a full list of options. And no, the system won't allow duplicates and it will give you a pop-up box with an error and/or suggestion if you try to pick an option that clashes with another. For example: When ordering a GT PP, if you click "spare tire" as an option, the system will tell you to remove the Performance Package option to continue or click cancel.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
.....and some on this forum said the GT500 would not sell well with a horsepower rating of less than 770 . Ha !

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
^^ Those "some on this forum" are clueless then. Making only 5,000 (or whatever it is), they'd sell every one even it was only 700 HP.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
Has there been any photos of a convertible GT500? I dont care for verts, but curious how Ford designed the convertible gt500.
I have yet to see anything official about a soft top version of the GT500 from any source, so I'm wondering if there will actually be one. May have gone the way of the manual.

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
1 question I have is I didnt see in the options above if heated and cooled seats were going to be an option in the first production line? I was considering looking to get one, but I was curious, not that its a deal breaker, but I was just curious is that was an option or not, cause my thought is at 760HP and the 7 speed Trans, I would think the cockpit is going to get a tad warm especially the center console.

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
1 question I have is I didnt see in the options above if heated and cooled seats were going to be an option in the first production line? I was considering looking to get one, but I was curious, not that its a deal breaker, but I was just curious is that was an option or not, cause my thought is at 760HP and the 7 speed Trans, I would think the cockpit is going to get a tad warm especially the center console.
My understanding is that those are considered the standard seat for the base model. The Recaro being an upgrade on the base model car and standard on the track package.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
My understanding is that those are considered the standard seat for the base model. The Recaro being an upgrade on the base model car and standard on the track package.
Thanks, hopefully you are correct, because the videos showed otherwise as well as at the car show and no one knows if they do come in the standard base model.
Sponsored