Sponsored

Failed TCC Solenoid at 1500 miles

RyanL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Hey guys. I’m new here. I bought my 2019 GT A10 premium (silver with the black accent package, 3.55 gears and active exhaust) last month and haven’t gotten around to joining the forum until now.

I have about 1500 miles and got a check engine light. No major drivability issues, other than maybe some minor shifting harshness. I drove it about 100 miles with the CEL until I took it to the dealership. The tech said I have a bad torque converter valve solenoid. (TCC solenoid). He didn’t say whether it failed open or closed and I forgot to ask. From reading symptoms online, I suspect it failed open, as failing closed would probably cause the car to stall, which never happened to me. (Correct me if I’m wrong about that.)

Their plan is to replace the solenoid and give it back to me.

Should I be worried about potential damage to the tranny or torque converter? Do I need to insist that they change the fluid and send a sample to check for particulate or metal shavings?

Has anybody seen such an early failure of the solenoid?

Anyways, thanks in advance for any insight you guys may have. I look forward to becoming a semi-regular in here.
Sponsored

dtcurare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem A10
Mine went in with 600 and miles would not drive. Dealer said it had 15 trans codes and did not touch the vehicle until Ford told them how to proceed. No metal in pan but, sent samples and replacement parts back to Ford. They changed the pump and valve body. Have about 60 miles on it since and still does not seem like it is fixed. Will give it a few more miles and take back to dealer if issues persist.
Good Luck