Sponsored

NEW POST---WHO IS ACTUALLY GETTING ONE?????

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Not me. I thoroughly enjoyed my GT350R, but I’m done with buying any new performance cars.
I can understand and respect that. Buying brand new costs so much more than even just a couple years old. And if you shop carefully it isn't hard to find used cars that are in great condition. Also - owning something used with a few flaws makes it so much easier to actually drive the car and not stress about every scratch or rock chip.

I wouldn't say I will never buy new again, but it will have to be the right car. I was all set to buy a 2020 GT350, but some of the interior changes and the new tires aren't what I would pick. Also, I was ready for something different after 4 years with my 2016. Anyway this is a GT500 thread - I'm not planning to buy one. I'm more of a 3 pedal person and I'm not interested enough to purchase a GT500. I am super interested to see the reviews and the rest of the performance information, though. I'm definitely a Ford guy and I'm rooting for it to do well vs. the competition.
Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I gave it serious consideration, but for all the extensive handling mods and horsepower upgrades I did to mine, this one will be staying with me for many years to come. I wouldn't mind having a GT500, but my next purchase will soon be a truck. I just don't want to spend that kind of money on a car no matter what letters or numbers are on the fenders. I feel I am truly blessed to be able to seriously be in the running to purchase one. So many people would give anything to be in many of our positions.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I am number one on my dealers list, and have a signed order already for it. Just no pricing, or official order submitted.

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I am number one on my dealers list, and have a signed order already for it. Just no pricing, or official order submitted.
Have you given him a deposit check and has he cashed it??? If not I was told by a very reliable guy that you have nothing.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Have you given him a deposit check and has he cashed it??? If not I was told by a very reliable guy that you have nothing.
A lot of people don't understand this. You may have something in writing, and you may have given them a deposit, and in very loose terms you have a minimal contract. However at the end of the day, if some guy walks into the dealer and says I'll give you 25K over sticker, you may have a problem. There are no guarantees until you sign the paperwork taking possession of the car.

You could hire a lawyer. You could scream bloody murder all over social media, you can call the BBB. There have been multiple stories of this happening with GT350R's on this forum and this will happen again.

I am not saying that every dealer is like this. Most of them are reputable and make money by sustaining themselves on reputation and selling in bulk. However selling a car at MSRP when a 25K ADM is possible is leaving a lot of money on the table. If you don't have a relationship with your dealer and you are just some joe blow who walked in off the street, I would be weary of a great deal on a new GT500.

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
A lot of people don't understand this. You may have something in writing, and you may have given them a deposit, and in very loose terms you have a minimal contract. However at the end of the day, if some guy walks into the dealer and says I'll give you 25K over sticker, you may have a problem. There are no guarantees until you sign the paperwork taking possession of the car.

You could hire a lawyer. You could scream bloody murder all over social media, you can call the BBB. There have been multiple stories of this happening with GT350R's on this forum and this will happen again.

I am not saying that every dealer is like this. Most of them are reputable and make money by sustaining themselves on reputation and selling in bulk. However selling a car at MSRP when a 25K ADM is possible is leaving a lot of money on the table. If you don't have a relationship with your dealer and you are just some joe blow who walked in off the street, I would be weary of a great deal on a new GT500.
You couldn't have said it any better. I've had alot of deals with car dealers over my 45 years of buying cars and its quite interesting on how they think. They are your best buddy today and tomorrow its "Who are you again"??? LOL

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yes.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
I just talked to my dealer and he explained he has had offers for higher ADM from potential customers and other dealers but he says that he wouldnt be able to sleep at night if he backed out on my deal. Hopefully he keep to being a man of his word and keeps to our deal.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

This.
I just put down the remaining 60% of my deposit yesterday.

Could it be a legal battle, sure, id probably win, but at what cost and how long.

I'll be rightfully pissed, but also understand if that happens. Cash is king

My DP is for a 2020 GT500, nothing ,(except our email traffic) states it would be their 1st one, or when they would sell it to me

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This.

Could it be a legal battle, sure, id probably win, but at what cost and how long.

My DP is for a 2020 GT500, nothing ,(except our email traffic) states it would be their 1st one, or when they would sell it to me
All you can do is your best. Make your deal with a reputable dealer and hope you don't get steam rolled. After that, it is totally out of your control.

Jm22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S90
This.

You wouldn't win. They can just refund your deposit.

All of these signed statements and deposits are simply a deal to make a deal, which has no significance in law. They're not contracts and they're not enforceable. The dealer simply gives you your deposit back and you have no damages and no cause of action.

Now, that isn't to say that the dealers won't keep their words. I suspect the 2021s won't have the ADM issue or at least it'll be less. This may be the only car to switch me over from my M2C.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
YA i am in the same boat. Gentlemen's agreement so he is either a stand-up guy or has led me on for 3 months and will screw me......Will find out shortly. And yeah legally i am pretty screwed as stated above a promise for a contract is just that, a promise.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Well, my wife is a lawyer, and she says it is a contract. However as pointed out, it comes down to damages. If they return your deposit, what are your damages?
Sponsored