Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
Oh and also had a quad exhaust diffuser arrive from Nemesis.
4F1835A6-B5A0-4B48-BB2E-AFED4C4E5B8F.jpeg
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
pretty much confirms what i've been saying about trusting uk tuners for years now. they simply do not have the experience with the mustang platform to get the best out of it, its why i refuse to take my car to them and will continue to use remote tunes from the yanks.

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vid up of the dyno run on AET’s YouTube channel.

Think he got a bit confused with the numbers near the end so don’t take it too serious. I’m not going for 900bhp lol

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
900 on pd chargers is quite difficult as far as I seem to be able to understand, if you want more then its centri or spoolyboi's

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know of a GT with a 2300 roush fitted that is about 900 BHP now so it’s possible.

I’m not aiming that high. 760+ BHP will certainly keep a smile on my face.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
yeah its possible but difficult to the point it'd be cheaper to swap to something that can make that power quite easily but either way after about 700 you need to really start considering internal anyway not just opg/cs but pistons and rods, head bolts, etc

marzman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Grabber Blue GT
Well my plans backfired slightly...

I was in Canada last week on holiday and had ordered some parts from American Muscle. I got the MMD V-Series Side Scoops and MP Concepts GT350 Style Fender Scoops. I really wanted the MMD Scoops which they sell either prepainted or unpainted. I opted for unpainted as i was taking a punt on the front scoops too which only come unpainted, and thought i'd get them painted together in the UK.

Anyway - took them to a bodyshop yesterday and they've quoted me ÂŁ330 to paint these 4 parts. FFS :facepalm:

So i'm waiting for a quote from another bodyshop but if it's similar, i think i'm going to put these up for sale and order the prepainted MMD scoops instead and figure out how to get them shipped over, and just suck up the import fees etc. I'll probably just about break even, or lose a little overall.

MVIMG_20190612_161111.jpg

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
You're going to the wrong places for paint quotes on that man!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Hopfeully you're right! I was expecting about ÂŁ150-ÂŁ180 tops.
I'd expect like 100ish, i get an entire set of lower skirt plastics flattened, painted, wetsanded for ÂŁ250 a go...... madness how some places charge so much more lol

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Anyway - took them to a bodyshop yesterday and they've quoted me ÂŁ330 to paint these 4 parts. FFS :facepalm:
You're going to the wrong places for paint quotes on that man!
Rather depends on whether the bodyshop wants the work. I was quoted 350+vat for two sets of scoops last week. Bodyshop does lots of insurance and warranty work and don't want the hassle of bits and pieces. But they'll do it for a premium price...

marzman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Grabber Blue GT
Yeah, fair point. I asked these guys beforehand if they were one of those insurance bodyshops who massively over charge for work because its insurance companies paying and they were like 'no no, we do private work as well'. Maybe I offended them. :angel:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, fair point. I asked these guys beforehand if they were one of those insurance bodyshops who massively over charge for work because its insurance companies paying and they were like 'no no, we do private work as well'. Maybe I offended them. :angel:
"we do private work as well" (For the same price as insurance jobs) lololol

My guy does insurance stuff, but he's also a mustang nut and a mate, so kinda get mates rates at times, if you want Marz, i can ask him to do yours and get a quote?

marzman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Grabber Blue GT
"we do private work as well" (For the same price as insurance jobs) lololol

My guy does insurance stuff, but he's also a mustang nut and a mate, so kinda get mates rates at times, if you want Marz, i can ask him to do yours and get a quote?
Ah cheers bud. Im waiting for a quote from one place, and i've got another to try out if the're still too dear, but may give you a shout if still no joy. :thumbsup:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ah cheers bud. Im waiting for a quote from one place, and i've got another to try out if the're still too dear, but may give you a shout if still no joy. :thumbsup:
Yeah for sure, lemme know as you're pretty local and i travel through stafford a fair bit for work too
Sponsored